All Purpose Podcast/Shoot Interview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Judging from the podcast with miz, The horrible double count out thing wasn't actually scripted and they just improvised into the rock bottom that was gonna happen anyway

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I'm enjoying the Austin Q&As he's doing while filming his TV show.

Loved the Rick Rude story about him chiming in from the back seat on Austin's use of language. All I can think of is Rude saying, "What I'd like to have right now...."

Too many podcasts with Lita on as a guest lately. Little too much overlap.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
That's definitely a trend in podcasting when you see the same guests on shows with similar subjects...usually to promote something. It's like that with comedians on comedy podcasts...see them on a lot of different shows in a short period of time when they have a new special to plug.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Buff Bagwell's appearance on Colt's pod was surprisingly awesome.

Miz pod w Y2J was very good also

Y2J, Ross, & even Colt need to follow Austin's lead of always asking for a crazy road story & a crazy rib story. That's the stuff most people have never heard.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Y2J, Ross, & even Colt need to follow Austin's lead of always asking for a crazy road story & a crazy rib story. That's the stuff most people have never heard.

I love the rib stories, though it is going to be very difficult to top the story Jim Cornette told about the guy on his knees...well, that's about as far as I can go here.

What does everyone think of Cheap Heat on Grantland? I've always enjoyed David Shoemaker's writing for Deadspin and Grantland. I also enjoy his relentless optimism about the business. Presuming that Rosenberg might not be everyone's cup of tea, but he's grown on me over time.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Miz interview on Chris Jericho was pretty awesome. Jericho has A+ interviews when he's interviewing friends. They are usually B- or C+ interviews when it's others.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Miz interview on Chris Jericho was pretty awesome. Jericho has A+ interviews when he's interviewing friends. They are usually B- or C+ interviews when it's others.

Agreed, great interview that I definitely came away from with more respect for Miz.

Thought it was very cool that several times during the interview, Miz was recalling some good advice that he received or a fun moment backstage and Jericho was usually the guy Miz was trying to remember. Sounds like Jericho was really a mentor to Miz and a lot of younger talent during his time in WWE (well, more than a lot of us assumed).

Oct 18, 2011
it's amazing to me the resentment wrestlers have of people coming into their club though, maybe being a reality star helped get miz hired, but he still paid his dues on the indy's

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
it's amazing to me the resentment wrestlers have of people coming into their club though, maybe being a reality star helped get miz hired, but he still paid his dues on the indy's

I think it's part of an ultra competitive workplace.

Every & any new guy could mean you make less money. I'm not surprised in the least. I think there's a certain amount of trust/respect you have to build in that environment.

I'm not saying to treat new guys very poorly but not being overly warm/helpful.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Stone Cold said Undertaker is open to doing a Steve Austin Show interview and it'll be up in a few weeks.

Holy ****ing ****. Most anticipated interview of all time?

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Stone Cold said Undertaker is open to doing a Steve Austin Show interview and it'll be up in a few weeks.

Holy ****ing ****. Most anticipated interview of all time?

That's an amazing get for Austin. There would be so much ground to cover that you could make it a 10 part series and not get to everything since it would literally be a post-1990 history of WWE. I think it might be a while yet for that though...I think Austin probably banked a bunch of interviews like he did when RAW was in Los Angeles a few months ago.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Just started listening to JR's talk with Jake Roberts, which I'm sure will be very good. Supposedly they talk a bit about ring psychology, and I'd love to hear Jake's opinion of Bray Wyatt in that regard.

Saving Jericho's two parts with Rey Mysterio for a long drive this weekend, hoping it's as good as the Chavo two parter.

For those who just can't get enough wrestling podcasts, looks like Roddy Piper has jumped into the game. I'll wait for reviews on it....Jim Duggan is one of the guests on the first show posted.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Just started listening to JR's talk with Jake Roberts, which I'm sure will be very good. Supposedly they talk a bit about ring psychology, and I'd love to hear Jake's opinion of Bray Wyatt in that regard.

Saving Jericho's two parts with Rey Mysterio for a long drive this weekend, hoping it's as good as the Chavo two parter.

For those who just can't get enough wrestling podcasts, looks like Roddy Piper has jumped into the game. I'll wait for reviews on it....Jim Duggan is one of the guests on the first show posted.

Jake was really good on JRs

Rey and Jericho was also really good.

Have not listened to Pipers mainly because in the course of listening to JR and Jerichos 2 parter with rey the commercial for Pipers annoyed me.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Seth Rollins said he was angry when Dean Ambrose got the singles match vs. The Undertaker last year. I don't blame him, lol.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Dang, I totally forgot about JR's podcast. I listened to the first one with Austin and just kind of forgot about it.

Just downloaded the Foley, DDP and Jake interviews. :yo:

Oct 18, 2011
WWE is missing the boat if they don't have jake the snake do some work at the performance center if he can do it. the guy is a genius about wrestling, thinks about everything

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
WWE is missing the boat if they don't have jake the snake do some work at the performance center if he can do it. the guy is a genius about wrestling, thinks about everything

Definitely. In-ring psychology is something that just doesn't seem to be taught like it used to.

By that same logic, WWE better be bringing in DDP on a part time basis to help work his magic on the developmental kids. Set the tone for the right nutritional, fitness and even mental training to get them started on a good path in the business.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Heyman/Austin podcast was pretty damn good. No surprise... its Heyman.
Heymans impressions are pretty good as well.

Heyman teased Brock/Austin - Austin kinda seemed excited about it.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Heyman/Austin podcast was pretty damn good. No surprise... its Heyman.
Heymans impressions are pretty good as well.

That chat has been so good I wish I was stuck in traffic longer this morning so I could've heard the whole thing before I got to work.

And yeah, Heyman's impersonation of Austin is pretty spot on.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Wow, I think I could sit and listen to Heyman talk all day long. Haven't finished the first interview with Austin, but it's absolutely fantastic so far. What a great mind for the business. If I were in the WWE, I would be picking his brain about my ring work and promo work to the point of annoyance. He certainly doesn't seem opposed to giving his opinions when asked and I'd think he would be an amazing resource for any Superstar with access to him.

Also, Austin did ask Heyman about the last time he spoke with Punk. Heyman said he talks to him all the time, but it's almost never about the industry. Made it seem as though Punk is happy and content with his current situation and that he doesn't exactly miss the business. Austin, rightfully, didn't probe too much, but it's still interesting to hear some sort of update on Punk.

Highly recommended listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad