All Purpose Podcast/Shoot Interview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Steamboat contrasted it with the Flair program where they would go about an hour and only know the finish going in and would call the whole match on the fly.

Heard the Regal podcast this weekend and this is my theory. Wrestlers would lose a lot of respect for a match that was detailed that much, regardless of whether it worked. Regal or Austin said he loved it for "what it was, knowing that" which makes me think that.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Austins show today is funny. It's a call in show and most people calling in are wanting to talk WMXXX and ALL hate having Orton vs Batista and want Bryan in the match. most suggest Bryan winning vs HHH and getting into the main event making triple threat. Austin thinks Punk returns and gets into the HHH match giving Bryan the chance at the title. I can see that happening with HHH repeating that he does not think Bryan is an "A" player so Punk comes in and says he is. But Bryan not getting to give HHH his cumupins is the issue I have with that.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Austins show today is funny. It's a call in show and most people calling in are wanting to talk WMXXX and ALL hate having Orton vs Batista and want Bryan in the match. most suggest Bryan winning vs HHH and getting into the main event making triple threat. Austin thinks Punk returns and gets into the HHH match giving Bryan the chance at the title. I can see that happening with HHH repeating that he does not think Bryan is an "A" player so Punk comes in and says he is. But Bryan not getting to give HHH his cumupins is the issue I have with that.

I haven't gotten thru all of today's show yet, but it was funny that the first two callers basically pushed the exact same premise: Bryan wins his way to the main event at WM.

Seems like that has been suggested so much now that there is not a chance in the world that it will happen.

Aside: The RVD interview on Talk is Jericho released on Wednesday was excellent. Part 2 on Friday. Also, should this be an all-purpose wrestling podcast thread?

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Austin still thinks Punk is coming back? My god. :facepalm:

If he said that on today's show, I know it was recorded before the Chicago RAW, FWIW. If he hasn't changed his tune on that topic yet, well, then he doesn't know whether to [poo] or wind his watch as he likes to say.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
worst nickname ever btw.. i hate how they try to tag ppl with these little nothing names

The one for Seth Rollins is just as dumb. He's the architect of the Shield. The fact that Cole has to keep repeating it yet nobody else does at all probably is a sign that it sucks. lol

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Half of Part 2 of RVDs interview on Jericho's podcast was RVDs support of legalizing marijuana :laugh:

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
The one for Seth Rollins is just as dumb. He's the architect of the Shield. The fact that Cole has to keep repeating it yet nobody else does at all probably is a sign that it sucks. lol

Well, Ambrose did call him that on this week's Smackdown. But yeah, it is dumb.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Anyone been listening to the "30 Years of Wrestlemania" podcast being put out the last few weeks?

http://podcastone.com/WWE-30-Years-Of-WrestleMania-Presented-By-WWE-Network

They have been kind of all over the place. The Bret Hart one was interesting because he still sounds bitter about a lot of things and seemed to be kayfabing about half the time and being legit for half.

Not a huge fan of Renee Young in this spot as host, but it's a WWE product being put out so options are limited.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Buff Bagwell spoke with "The Shoot" and commented on John Cena and CM Punk

On John Cena:
“I don’t think he’s a Rock, I don’t think he is a Sting, I don’t think he is a Goldberg, I don’t think he is a Stone Cold. But I think he’s bigger than a Buff Bagwell. I really do. Now mainly because of the way they’ve pushed him i give him credit than being bigger than me. When you lay out the facts, no he’s not as big as The Rock, no he’s not as big as Stone Cold, no he’s not as big as these other guys I’m talking about. Then again, you give me the same push i think i would be just as big as John Cena. He’s not that cornerstone guy. He’s not that super mega superstar that The Rock has become. He’s not that super mega superstar Stone Cold had become. He’s just WWE’s number one guy and with a little bit of help, a lot of guys could be that guy. He’s just got the look, he’s got the ability, and he was at the right place at the right time to be their poster child.â€

On CM Punk:
“He’s too small. That’s why they kept him and The Rock as far apart as they could until they had to wrestle because when you really stand Rock against CM Punk in the ring. They just don’t look like it fits. You’ve got a 260 pound guy in The Rock down to a buck 80-85 CM Punk. Nothing against being a buck 85 but you know TNA’s got a division called the X Division for guys like that. I think that’s a good thing to have, but as far as being the World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk should not be. He’s not big enough, he don’t look the part. He’s heard, i bet if you ask him and he told the truth, he’s heard a million times wow you’re not as big as i thought you were. That’s not good for Pro Wrestling. You’ve gotta be big you know? o make it believable, to make it more realistic. I don’t think he’s that. He just doesn’t carry that kind of power.â€

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Take a shot everytime Jericho says "right"

On Buff Bagwells Cena/Punk shoot.. it's as if he's still in a WCW locker room.

Thought of you and laughed when I heard Austin say "right" on a recent podcast :laugh:

Bagwell obviously isn't giving Cena enough credit, but I will say that I do agree to a certain extent that Cena did fall into a "right place, right time" situation.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Thought of you and laughed when I heard Austin say "right" on a recent podcast :laugh:

Bagwell obviously isn't giving Cena enough credit, but I will say that I do agree to a certain extent that Cena did fall into a "right place, right time" situation.

I sorta agree. But I don't think Bagwell would have had the same success as Cena did. No way. Cena also has the ideal look and a great work ethic going for him too.

Cena's rap gimmick got him over in the first place. If that doesn't happen, he's probably not where he is right now. I still think he'd be an important role but maybe not as important as he is today.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I sorta agree. But I don't think Bagwell would have had the same success as Cena did. No way. Cena also has the ideal look and a great work ethic going for him too.

Cena's rap gimmick got him over in the first place. If that doesn't happen, he's probably not where he is right now. I still think he'd be an important role but maybe not as important as he is today.

Oh, I definitely think that Bagwell is off his rocker about the rest of his thoughts on Cena, but like I said, I sort of agree that he fell into a great opportunity. He still had to take advantage of that opportunity though and he did.

Buff Bagwell is absolutely delusional if he thinks he could be the same star as Cena with the same push. :laugh:

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I would agree. They needed a star for the future. Cena fit their mold... and he was getting over. Win win.

Makes me think, anyone think Cena would be big, if he had the same career path during the attitude era?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think he would have been an upper midcarder and would have been put into the main event once The Rock and Austin left in 2002/2003.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
1) Why does ANYONE say "he's not a goldberg"? Goldberg had one run and then in the wrestling world he is pretty much a forgotten piece of wrestling history. I do not, for the life of me, believe he was some huge mega star. I could be wrong here... but he is nowhere near the top tier of wrestlers when you think of wrestling as a whole.

2) Lesnar/Punk put on a 5 star match and size was NEVER an issue. Cena/DB put on a 5 star match and size was never an issue. Hart/HBK, Jericho, Mysterio, HBK/Taker all have been tremendous wrestlers. SIZE DOESN'T MATTER.

Why do people still bring up the size argument? It's ****ing stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad