All Purpose Podcast/Shoot Interview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He's not wrong at all. People in the arena wouldn't have cared if they put someone else in Mysterio's spot, putting Barrett in there would have been absolutely perfect. Bring him out with a mic telling the fans that he has bad news and then go into the match. It would have been perfect and gotten him SO much heat.

They gotta start doing something with Barrett.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I've been listening a lot to Austin and Jericho speak... even Edge. Why aren't these guys head writers and kicking back making some easy money? THey have such an amazing eye for what the business needs.

RJ8812*

I've been listening a lot to Austin and Jericho speak... even Edge. Why aren't these guys head writers and kicking back making some easy money? THey have such an amazing eye for what the business needs.

because Vince always has the last say

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

Because it's not easy money.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Every decision is run by Vince. He has last say. Creative writers are probably stressed as **** 24/7, year round.

Blue Dot

F0rsbergFan21
Oct 15, 2006
Listened to Austin and DDP

Austin needs to start getting better at interviewing. It drives me nuts when he interrupts a guy for some side tangent question or talks about himself...

He'll get there for sure, but it's still kind of choppy to listen to at points.

Jericho certainly does the same thing, but not as bad as Austin, imho.

Oct 18, 2011

they probably don't want to deal with the BS, and vince constantly changing his mind

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary

I doubt Austin and Jericho are hurting for money. I also doubt the return would be worth the effort for them.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I doubt Austin and Jericho are hurting for money. I also doubt the return would be worth the effort for them.

They wouldn't bother unless they were given real creative control. If all that is going to happen are all these great ideas, like they had during their wrestling careers, are going to be shot down by the person that makes these decisions like Steph and Vince, what's the point? That's why Heyman doesn't do it either when he probably would if he was given that privilege.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I'll add I love Jericho's podcast, but hate the "Ha ha ha ha" laugh of his like he's letting the guy know he's still on the line.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I'll add I love Jericho's podcast, but hate the "Ha ha ha ha" laugh of his like he's letting the guy know he's still on the line.

that fake laugh and saying "right" to every comment from the interviewee, are the two most annoying things from his show.

His interview with Chavo was the best one he's done. He didnt do any of the mentioned pet-peeves. Its alot easier when you are interviewing your friend.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007

Gotta admit, Jericho's verbal ticks havent really bothered me yet. But I do FF thru the first 10-15 minutes where he does his monologue because it's generally stuff I don't care about.

IMO: Austin has gotten really good at the podcasting thing; if you listened to the first 10-15 shows it was a bit rough and he was getting the hang of it but he's got it down now.

I do agree that the Chavo two parter was by far the best Jericho podcast so far. My favorite Austin ones were the Bruce Pritchard and Jim Cornette ones.

Since anyone in this thread probably listens to podcasts, Jim Ross is coming out with a new podcast starting this Wednesday, with guest Steve Austin. I'll be subscribing for sure.

Blue Dot

F0rsbergFan21
Oct 15, 2006
Gotta admit, Jericho's verbal ticks havent really bothered me yet. But I do FF thru the first 10-15 minutes where he does his monologue because it's generally stuff I don't care about.

IMO: Austin has gotten really good at the podcasting thing; if you listened to the first 10-15 shows it was a bit rough and he was getting the hang of it but he's got it down now.

I do agree that the Chavo two parter was by far the best Jericho podcast so far. My favorite Austin ones were the Bruce Pritchard and Jim Cornette ones.

Since anyone in this thread probably listens to podcasts, Jim Ross is coming out with a new podcast starting this Wednesday, with guest Steve Austin. I'll be subscribing for sure.

i skip the first 10-15 as well. it plays so dead. i feel like he could use a sidekick during that segment. a regular he could go back and forth with. just seems awkward sometimes, especially when he is just making comments on a show

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Was pretty good. Did not really make me respect any more or less that I did before listening.
best part was Steve calling out John to make the STF look better by tightening it up.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Anyone else listen to JR's new podcast? I loved it personally. Probably helps that the first episode was JR and Austin shootin' the **** on wrestling.

They mentioned a couple things in there about what the WWE is doing that made me go "OHHHHHH that makes sense now..."

In other words...I highly recommend it.

Oct 18, 2011
yeah it gets easier to see why austin thought WWE was sabotaging him because he had told vince he was ready to retire a few years before he did, and his POV about the brock lesnar thing is completely valid in my book

Fuzzy Bunny

Mar 5, 2007
Anyone else listen to JR's new podcast? I loved it personally. Probably helps that the first episode was JR and Austin shootin' the **** on wrestling.

They mentioned a couple things in there about what the WWE is doing that made me go "OHHHHHH that makes sense now..."

In other words...I highly recommend it.

Pretty awesome opening show but that was expected.

Notes

-JR and Austin agreed that it was obvious that Bad News Barrett should have had the #30 spot and were baffled why Rey, a future HoF inductee, was fed to the wolves.

-Austin believes CM Punk will return at (or before) Wrestlemania.

-Nobody has reached out to Austin to be at WM. Says guest ref spot is 'worn out' and wants nothing to do with a match anyways.

-Both agree they need to put the belt on Bryan. Austin fears they will do too slow of a burn and miss out on the peak moment to give him the belt.

-John Cena vs. Undertaker at WM is a 'layup' and bound to happen, says JR. Neither want to see the streak broken. JR would love for it to be Undertakers last match, at Cowboy Stadium, and for him to call that match. JR says John Cena can't possibly win because he'd be the most hated man in wrestling.

-Austin didn't announce his retirement match beforehand to help WWE ratings and its IPO (initial public offering on the stock market) after talking with Vince in a hotel room where Austin admitted to wanting to retire and Vince begging him to stay a couple more years to help with the IPO.

-Austin has never been really close to returning for a final WM match, doesn't want to ruin his legacy by coming back and having a 'stinker'. Told Jericho a few months ago that it took 3 years to get the business out of his system.

-Austin at the time didn't want to work with Hogan because Hulk wouldn't do any favours. Said their styles would clash and that Hogan was 2 steps behind what was needed to keep a good pace with him. Austin said he was thick headed at the time and it did seem he did wish they had a 1-off at some point.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Austin was smart not to work with Hogan at WMX8 anyways, he would have gotten **** on by the Toronto crowd like The Rock did, probably. Maybe not AS bad, but the crowd would have still been pro-Hogan.

RE: Punk, pretty sure he was removed from the opening video package on Smackdown tonight... take that as you will. I was watching some Punk interviews from last year's Wrestlemania and it had a vibe that if he wasn't main eventing it's not worth it, from a personal standpoint and business standpoint (said "I don't know how much harder I can work" in regards to main eventing Wrestlemania).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad