Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread | Ruhwedel to W-B/S for Conditioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I'll have the GDT up by this afternoon. I've had issues with the creation process. It wound up going in an entirely different direction than the one I intended, but whatevs. At this point I figured I might as well wait to see what happens with the morning skate rather than have to re-do it ... again (aaarrgh).

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I don't like this news about Hornquist, he went through full practice now he can practice, smells like bad concussion symptoms are back...

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Its not a concussion.

The Pens have a team policy to announce when a player has a concussion.

That's why we hear when a player has a concussion and the other injuries are lower or upper body injuries.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Its not a concussion.

The Pens have a team policy to announce when a player has a concussion.

That's why we hear when a player has a concussion and the other injuries are lower or upper body injuries.
Sometimes, I recall a few instances where they held off on the concussion news until a week or so later.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What he says about tomorrow notwithstanding, I suspect we may see Murray for this weekend's back to back . . .

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I can see an excuse for Malkin since he's 6'3" and bigger in general, but Crosby and his rigorous routine could see him play into his forties. Sid is just a great physical specimen.

It would take a toll before the playoffs.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sometimes, I recall a few instances where they held off on the concussion news until a week or so later.

It’s interesting because Sullivan came out and said it wasn’t the same as his last injury but he never actually said it wasn’t a concussion...if you look at his practice history, he was skating a couple days in a row without contact and then didn’t skate....that’s a typical pattern for concussions if headaches or other symptoms reoccurred...could it be some other type of upper body injury? Maybe something like a slipped disk in his neck where the pain comes back but not much else...I mean if he had a shoulder or rib, hand, arm , or something like that then that pattern wouldn’t make sense....

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It’s interesting because Sullivan came out and said it wasn’t the same as his last injury but he never actually said it wasn’t a concussion...if you look at his practice history, he was skating a couple days in a row without contact and then didn’t skate....that’s a typical pattern for concussions if headaches or other symptoms reoccurred...could it be some other type of upper body injury? Maybe something like a slipped disk in his neck where the pain comes back but not much else...I mean if he had a shoulder or rib, hand, arm , or something like that then that pattern wouldn’t make sense....
To me it seemed like a f*** up and they're trying to be hush hush about it given the current landscape of head injuries. Also with how the Byfuglien thing was handled, you don't want this being a story either.

Horny didn't look like he did anything for it to be anything but him not feeling well from his not so long ago concussion. And again, it's not like this team doesn't have a history of misdiagnosing.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@DegenX, FYI for your GDT . . .

gWfvrya.gif

It's like Sullivan is actively finding ways to some how use this line-up in the worst f***ing way possible.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Never thought I’d look at the Pens bottom six and think Dea is their best player. That’s so ****ed up...
Its even worse when the coach actively does it to himself.

Derick Brassard, a right winger?

It's like the AHL is invisible or something, forget the he who shall not be named as a right winger, we have other f***ing options and he still manages to do that?

He's out dumbing the dumb that was Bylsma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad