Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread | Ruhwedel to W-B/S for Conditioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Try Oleksiak as a 4th line winger. He skates well has a big shot and imagine him going to the net. Also his defensive assignments would be way easier and less costly if he makes a mistake.

He looks like a guy that could transition well.

Plus, we may be short a couple forwards for who knows how much longer...

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I think it says a lot about this board that there are two threads saying to "complain here" and I'm not sure which one to go to when I don't want to complain.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
wow Simon on IR, JSD recalled....we are down to two good wingers and bunch of scraps

I'm glad they're bringing up some other people from Wilkes...I'd like them to try a couple more in place of Grant and Wilson who have been MIA...

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I think it says a lot about this board that there are two threads saying to "complain here" and I'm not sure which one to go to when I don't want to complain.
Well, one said comments and complaints, but fair enough. Although the irony of complaining about not complaining isn't lost.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
the guy that got cut by Devils should not be on our roster...that tells you how shallow our roster is

I'm not sure the identity of our 15th F proves too much one way or the other.

Particularly when they've currently got a 20 point pace in the NHL.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Still unsure whose dog Blugers kicked. At least Dea is better than Wilson.
TB, he may just not be good enough, he can't get one chance to show what he can do, before Grant, Sheahan or JSD, that tells you they don't care much, he is not spring chicken anymore...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah, Dea had a good start to the year with NJ, I'm not surprised he was the first guy to get called up. It seemed pretty clear from the beginning that he was the 15th forward that was going to play in WBS when everyone was healthy.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Dea would be our 8th highest goal scoring forward. :laugh::cry:

Same as Brassard, Pearson and more than Cullen, ZAR, Rust, Grant, Wilson and Sprong/Hags when they were here.

Hopefully he can add to his goals.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Still unsure whose dog Blugers kicked. At least Dea is better than Wilson.

If another center is ever needed at the NHL level this year, don't be surprised if Ben Sexton gets the call before Teddy B. does. "Proven" rejects from other organizations are considered golden; "unproven" home-grown players not so much.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Ahhh Dea totally escaped my mind when i was guessing who they'd call up. Forgot he was back in Wilkes. Heh.

So probably shakes out close to:

Jake-Sid-Phil
Pearson-G-Rust
ZAR-Brassard-Dea
Wilson-Sheahan-Grant

or

Jake-Sid-Phil
Pearson-G-Sheahan
ZAR-Brassard-Rust
Wilson-Grant-Dea

They'd certainly be idiots to put Rust back with Sid...

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm hoping its good news for Horny that the Pens only recalled one forward.

You would think the Pens would want 13 forwards going on this 3 game road trip.

But considering they are going to New York it would be easy to call up another forward while playing in NY.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
If another center is ever needed at the NHL level this year, don't be surprised if Ben Sexton gets the call before Teddy B. does. "Proven" rejects from other organizations are considered golden; "unproven" home-grown players not so much.
Yep. That's exactly why Guentzel, Rust, Simon, Sheary, ZAR, etc. are still sitting in WBS waiting for their chance.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Cool it was great we got him back. Let’s see what his speed will bring.

Did he score a shorty last year on a breakaway? It would be cool to get some speed on the pk.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So despite Sully’s promise we’d have more info today on Horny, there’s no news yet? Figures...they must have today off...

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY

People complained in Yinzland after winning back to back Cups. What do you expect when the team is out of the playoff picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad