Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread | Ruhwedel to W-B/S for Conditioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
'Fun' stat of the day -

The PP has conceded more goals than the PK in the last 8 games.

400% more to be precise.
You may want to check your math. If I'm not mistaken, Pens have allowed two PP goals and four SHGs in the last 8 games. Agree with your general thesis though, 4 is mo' bigga' than 2...

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Try Oleksiak as a 4th line winger. He skates well has a big shot and imagine him going to the net. Also his defensive assignments would be way easier and less costly if he makes a mistake.

He looks like a guy that could transition well.

I think the Stars played him as a winger before when they had a bunch of injuries. I agree that it's worth a shot, even if only to rotate some of our defensemen in out of the press box.

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Not complaining, Pens still have the best fans and board around. If anyone has a copy of that Ian Cole tribute..would love to see it. I can't imagine many teams doing that for a player around for such a short time.

To be fair, he did win two Cups with the team. Also, the Pens have a video tribute for like every player that comes back. :laugh:

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Didn't Hainsey get a tribute video? Personally can't wait for Sprong's.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
I had no idea we even got Dea back. I liked his potential before so I hope he does well.
I think he even scored a goal for NJ while he was there. I follow him on instagram as well as Letang (and a ton others) and from what i've seen the frenchies on our team seem to be really good friends with him. They go to concerts and shit at consol, its cool.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I think he even scored a goal for NJ while he was there. I follow him on instagram as well as Letang (and a ton others) and from what i've seen the frenchies on our team seem to be really good friends with him. They go to concerts and **** at consol, its cool.

Scored 3 goals in his first 4 games there.

Reactions: Dovahkiin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't get it, so they got him back to assign him to WBS, instead of calling up a winger that can go back through waivers and has been doing well for us in WBS, we call up Dea, who when we send back down, will get claimed again maybe.

Why do we even have youth in the AHL that do well if they don't get a chance?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Just saw this from the Av’s game. They sure brought the heat in front.

DtnTrzSW4AcCfpf

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't get it, so they got him back to assign him to WBS, instead of calling up a winger that can go back through waivers and has been doing well for us in WBS, we call up Dea, who when we send back down, will get claimed again maybe.

Why do we even have youth in the AHL that do well if they don't get a chance?

I’m pretty sure he can play 9 nine games and still not have to go thru waivers....Simon won’t be out that long reportedly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad