OT: All purpose NCAA thread v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Kirby just put one on Mullen. He hired UF's DB coach (Charlton Warren) while Kaiir Elam was on his OV to Georgia. For those that don't know, Elam's a pretty highly ranked DB recruit that's down to Georgia/Florida, and most felt Florida was in the lead because of his relationship with Warren. I can just imagine Elam was sitting with Kirby and then all of the sudden Warren walks in with a bunch of Georgia gear on.

Stevenson, Elam, Cine, and DJ Daniel would be a hell of a DB class from Kirby, especially when you consider Tucker left to take a head coaching job and they've been without a DC and DB coach since.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Another day, another PSU player enters the transfer portal, another meltdown by fans

I think that’s basically everybody for now. Some of these kids will still be sticking around until they graduate in the spring so they probably will still have some practice bodies anyway. By summer they’ll likely be closer to the 80 scholarship mark give or take.

That’s ultimately where the biggest issue would come from. The vast majority of these guys are the fourth/fifth option or beyond on the depth so playing wise if you’re down to those options you’re screwed anyway.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Grad transfers don't count for panic inducing when the guy wasn't expected to be a returning starter. He got his education, so he won in the student athlete equation. If he chooses to continue playing football after graduating, best to him, and may he continue to enjoy the sport (especially on someone's dime.)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It’s just a different era of football. Everybody knows the health risks now so that doesn’t just effect the kids heading off early for the NFL in great numbers now. But it also applies to other kids as well who don’t necessarily have an NFL future. If they’re going to beat their bodies up at practice they want some light at the end of the tunnel in regards to playing time on game days. Other kids just retire. But from an academic standpoint their scholarships are guaranteed now so there’s no pressure to play if your heart isn’t in it &/or there’s something physically holding you back.

A few might stay all the way through for whatever reasons along with the coaches wanting the player on top of it even as depth but that’s becoming pretty rare these days.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

This is a good hire by Saban. He was our RB/ST coach here for years before leaving with Moorhead last year. He’s a good recruiter & while RB isn’t the the hardest position to coach he’s still a really good special teams coach.

He was interviewing for some MAC HC vacancies this cycle so he’s probably trying get the Saban bump here.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
God damn fake news. Saw the headline but didn't click it. Shame on me

They are the #1 & #2 in 247’s own rankings. But the composite they do is an average score of their’s, Rivals, & ESPN’s.

Not just saying this because of those rankings though but 247 is easily the best at this point though. ESPN barely funds their recruiting staff at this point & Rivals is really biased towards their own camps & kids that do & don’t go to them. They don’t even go to the Nike camps & The Opening anymore.

Reactions: Cody Webster

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Not sure if it mentioned, but Lamont Wade is staying at Penn State. The secondary along with linebackers should be strong next year, in my opinion.

Reactions: Ruck Over

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He helps special teams & it’s not like they don’t have the room for this year. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s back in that portal next year when he should be eligible to transfer & play right away as a grad transfer.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
He helps special teams & it’s not like they don’t have the room for this year. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s back in that portal next year when he should be eligible to transfer & play right away as a grad transfer.
The best teams have competition through depth so this is a positive whether he gets time or not, in my opinion of course.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Yet UNC is allowed to skate because those fake classes were available to all the students on campus. What a f***ing joke.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yet UNC is allowed to skate because those fake classes were available to all the students on campus. What a ****ing joke.

5334202ceab8ea541512cef8-1136-852.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad