OT: All purpose NCAA thread v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Didn't someone on here post that his sister committed to UGA for softball after this incident occurred? Easily could be disputed. NCAA is such a piece of ****

His sister goes there. So it’s easy to disclaim beyond the fact he transfered for football reasons but in today’s climate it’s just easier to sit it out from an NCAA perspective.

You already had morons like Al Sharpton talking about it on his show.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Basically, if you're part of the money-making world, the NCAA will evaluate the situation and do whatever is CYA. If you are not part of the money-making world, like the woman in this story, the NCAA will try to bow-up. But because, again, I reiterate their basic bitch posture, they caved to this because of public opinion. (Rightfully so.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...de-help/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.28e41a86202e

What's the point of having rules, if every case is an exception. They are an unneeded, and pitifully sad, joke.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
His sister goes there. So it’s easy to disclaim beyond the fact he transfered for football reasons but in today’s climate it’s just easier to sit it out from an NCAA perspective.

You already had morons like Al Sharpton talking about it on his show.

Does the NCAA put out an explanation for their reasoning? Im guessing they are too big of cowards to do so.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Does the NCAA put out an explanation for their reasoning? Im guessing they are too big of cowards to do so.

I don’t think so. They don’t even make it to court so it’s not like the NCAA put a fight in.

They didn’t do it for Patterson & the Ole Miss kids. They all had the same lawyer along with Fields as well.

Last edited:

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
VT was able to flip Doug Nester from OSU. Any time OSU loses a commit, it's a good day
Can anybody tell me where VT stands right now? I'm vaguely aware that a bunch of players entered the transfer portal, including our (former) starting QB Josh Jackson and some other guys that started last year. Should I be worried about this upcoming season? Last year was a major disappointment.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

Not surprising. NCAA isn’t going to risk being called racist.

He wouldn't have transferred if he thought there was a chance that he would have to sit out a season. Once the family hired Mars, I figured he would be starting somewhere in 2019. Just didn't expect OSU to get down on their knees and promise him the world. That's a bad look from a blue blood program.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Didn't someone on here post that his sister committed to UGA for softball after this incident occurred? Easily could be disputed. NCAA is such a piece of ****
His sister signed a LOI for a softball scholarship a month after the incident. The NCAA didn't want the PR nightmare that Mars was sure to make it.

As LOD said above, OSU is risking a lot here. Kirby gave the kid every opportunity to win the job. Even when Fromm looked average at the beginning of the season, Fields did nothing to separate himself. He's basically a single read/athlete playing QB right now, despite having been on a college campus for two full years.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Can anybody tell me where VT stands right now? I'm vaguely aware that a bunch of players entered the transfer portal, including our (former) starting QB Josh Jackson and some other guys that started last year. Should I be worried about this upcoming season? Last year was a major disappointment.
Kind of a typical class from VT... top 30, some good athletes that will likely outperform their rankings, but not a difference making class, nor one that will get them over the hump against the top ACC programs.

Reactions: HokieDude17

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I mean BC, Syracuse, and NC State have all outperformed their historical significance recently. It's just that the traditional powers (Miami, FSU, and VT) have all sucked. Btw, let's all have a good laugh at Willie T. The recruiting guru thinks it's a good idea to go two full cycles without signing a QB lol.

Edit: Clemson was a great team this year, but I think their road to another national championship was seriously helped by playing in a garbage conference that they could manhandle from a physical standpoint. They're not nearly as healthy or fresh in the CFP if they go through an SEC schedule.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Virginia Tech would've had a better year if the quarterback didn't go down

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
Like @flyershockey stated, Miami, FSU or VT all are bad right now. Barring Notre Dame from joining the ACC full time as a football member, one of those three have to step it up to provide a counterbalance to Clemson. No disrespect to Syracuse or BC, but Clemson has too much of an easy path to the CFB.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The fall off in the quality of college football over the last decade has been remarkable. Its the SEC vs. no other conference. Oklahoma has been good and so has Clemson but after that, not too many schools have top grade programs. Football in the PAC 12 has fallen off of the cliff. Check the attendance figures out there. UCLA barely averages 35K in the Rose Bowl and SC has dropped in the Coliseum (possibly some of it due to remodeling?). If the trend continues, CFB may end up being a regional sport in ten years.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
The fall off in the quality of college football over the last decade has been remarkable. Its the SEC vs. no other conference. Oklahoma has been good and so has Clemson but after that, not too many schools have top grade programs. Football in the PAC 12 has fallen off of the cliff. Check the attendance figures out there. UCLA barely averages 35K in the Rose Bowl and SC has dropped in the Coliseum (possibly some of it due to remodeling?). If the trend continues, CFB may end up being a regional sport in ten years.
College football USED to be a regional sport and was better for it, IMO.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
When was it a regional sport? Before the mass consolidation of conferences which ate up some of them, the PAC-8; Big 8; Big Ten and the ACC all were top grade conferences with their teams vying for the National Championship.
I don’t mean in the bowl games. You had all sorts of local rivalries that have now largely been lost. If I have to list them I will, but I’d rather not. :laugh:

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
College football, and college athletics in general, are regional. The BCS and Playoffs have expanded some of the interest nationally but if they expand the playoffs again, it will go back to being mostly regional.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->