OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread Part IV (Summer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
E3CD7F63-E379-462B-8D1B-BA4071076B1B.png

E17D9340-96CB-4B31-864E-00A1B5D0F81B.png

CFB Playoff Predictor likes Clemson better than Alabama

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Clemson better stay injury free. That's an awfully shallow roster after averaging only 17 signees the last three cycles.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Clemson better stay injury free. That's an awfully shallow roster after averaging only 17 signees the last three cycles.

Looking at their roster. DE, WR, & RB seem to be on the only positions they really have a lot of quality of depth at.

I don’t know how they took so little players these last few cycles. I get last year they had all those linemen pass up the NFL but you’d think they’d have some attrition to their roster with transfers.

They’re not like Stanford where it’s understandable that kids might not want to leave because of the education whether it’s to the NFL or to transfer elsewhere for playing time.

Reactions: flyershockey

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Looking at their roster. DE, WR, & RB seem to be on the only positions they really have a lot of quality of depth at.

I don’t know how they took so little players these last few cycles. I get last year they had all those linemen pass up the NFL but you’d think they’d have some attrition to their roster with transfers.

They’re not like Stanford where it’s understandable that kids might not want to leave because of the education whether it’s to the NFL or to transfer elsewhere for playing time.
Dabo doesn't believe in roster attrition. It's part of his pitch. "Come here as part of a small class and you're all but guaranteed to play because you won't be recruited over." Credit to him and his staff because their player evals have been pretty good the last 5 years or so (even on their lower rated developmental guys), but recruiting is a lot like the NHL draft; more picks usually means more players. Having Deshaun Watson certainly helped as well.

I feel like Clemson is heading back towards where they were before Watson. They'll be good/great every year, but they won't be one of the hands down favorites to win it all either (at least not annually). They won't have the same depth that the other top programs have after stacking 4 and 5 stars on top of each other. Trevor Lawrence will probably be great, but you almost have to have a dual threat QB to beat Saban (and likely Kirby Smart moving forward).

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Dabo doesn't believe in roster attrition. It's part of his pitch. "Come here as part of a small class and you're all but guaranteed to play because you won't be recruited over." Credit to him and his staff because their player evals have been pretty good the last 5 years or so (even on their lower rated developmental guys), but recruiting is a lot like the NHL draft; more picks usually means more players. Having Deshaun Watson certainly helped as well.

I feel like Clemson is heading back towards where they were before Watson. They'll be good/great every year, but they won't be one of the hands down favorites to win it all either (at least not annually). They won't have the same depth that the other top programs have after stacking 4 and 5 stars on top of each other. Trevor Lawrence will probably be great, but you almost have to have a dual threat QB to beat Saban (and likely Kirby Smart moving forward).

They cut Josh Belk it seems. He showed up to South Carolina overweight after the transfer. He can’t pass a physical as of now.

I don’t know how any kid could show up not ready to go in this day at least from a strength/conditioning standpoint & especially a highly touted kid like him.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Bill Snyder got a 5 year extension? Has to be for some kind of bookkeeping reason.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
They cut Josh Belk it seems. He showed up to South Carolina overweight after the transfer. He can’t pass a physical as of now.

I don’t know how any kid could show up not ready to go in this day at least from a strength/conditioning standpoint & especially a highly touted kid like him.
Yeah, I saw that. Anytime a coach lets a kid just walk to a rival, you know something has to be wrong with him.

USCe should be pretty good this year. But I don't see them beating Georgia, Texas A&M, or Clemson. There are jobs where no matter how good of a job the staff does they won't rise to the top of their conference. South Carolina is one of them.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Smith's attorney stated that in light of recent statements by Smith's mother and mother in law refuting the claims made by his ex, his client should be given his job back.

So... Smith's mom and his mother in law (alleged victim's mother) said that Smith didn't do it so that means Smith should get his job back? Am I reading that correctly?

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
From the website, The Score, Smith's attorney, Bradley Koffel, said to Bill Rabinowitz of the Columbus Dispatch:
"I think it's unrealistic but I know Zach feels as though he's deserving of having his job back.

Last edited:

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
So... Smith's mom and his mother in law (alleged victim's mother) said that Smith didn't do it so that means Smith should get his job back? Am I reading that correctly?
No. I believe they both said he didn’t do it intentionally. There is zero debate that he put his hands on his wife. But I guess if you choke a women accidentally it’s ok if you have great connections at Ohio State.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011

DJ Durkin could be in some trouble here if this is true.

This is absolutely 100% unacceptable, it’s 2018 there is no reason a kid playing sports at a high level should ever die of heatstroke this is negligence to the highest degree, I completely hope that Durkin is brought up on criminal charges for this, there is too much if this “old boys club” type mentality in sports that allows people to get away with stupidity of this magnitude, I’m no way shape or form some bleeding heart I am a father though and if it was my son that died I would be beside myself because it’s a situation that should never happen in 2018, and as a parent you trust an organization a coaching staff a school, to help you child grow on and off the field, but this is uncalled for, and in my opinion they should shut the football program down until they can hire competent coaches and staff that can assure families their children won’t die of heatstroke because of negligence

Reactions: Flyersfan1493

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
YouTube is great. I’ve been watching early 2000s games. What a completely different game. 2 back sets. 2 TEs. Fullbacks. Base defenses. 9 man boxes. Miss it.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
YouTube is great. I’ve been watching early 2000s games. What a completely different game. 2 back sets. 2 TEs. Fullbacks. Base defenses. 9 man boxes. Miss it.

Of all things, I watched 1992 Miami-Arizona last night. Of course I remember that Arizona Flex scheme being unreal, but what I had no memory of was that Arizona should have won that game in Miami with their 3rd string QB -- a converted Safety. I mean, what?

Reactions: FLYguy3911

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

After seeing some other stuff about it & the laws in Ohio for DUI’s it’s really not that uncommon for people of his situation to be enrolled into some type of program to lessen the charges upon completion of the tasks they setup for you to do. It’s like that here in Pennsylvania too. The judge being that really doesn’t matter much & neither does his position with Ohio State as most average Joe’s would have been given the same treatment.

So that part of it I don’t think is really relevant towards it now looking at it. The guy having another transgression that seemingly went unchecked by Meyer is probably more of the relevance of him getting a DUI when adding everything else that shows a pattern of an asshole.

I doubt it’s enough to get Meyer fired at this point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad