OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread Part IV (Summer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I'm sure the investigation went over that 73-8 record in painstaking detail.

*Edit* 3 Games apparently. I'm a little surprised they didn't give him 2 to bring him back for TCU.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don’t really get it honestly. The approach should be all or nothing.

You're trying to use common sense, not protect a 9 figure bellcow of a program. They're trying to say there was no coverup, but they didn't go far enough in pushing the issue. That's as close to he did nothing wrong as you can say. Of course it's a joke.

It's the obvious comment, but the optics of 3 games vs 4 games for the UNC incidents are hilarious.

:laugh:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'm sure the investigation went over that 73-8 record in painstaking detail.

*Edit* 3 Games apparently. I'm a little surprised they didn't give him 2 to bring him back for TCU.
Or at least extend his suspension through the Tulane game. But I guess he can start implementing the PSU gameplan.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Where do they find these people? This is currently the top comment on the OhioStFootball Reddit Thread.

FORzIfz.jpg

Reactions: Cody Webster

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
There was pretty much zero chance they were going to stretch it to the PSU game.

If for whatever reason they lose to TCU along with it being on the road & OOC they now have an excuse with Meyer not being there too.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
You're trying to use common sense, not protect a 9 figure bellcow of a program. They're trying to say there was no coverup, but they didn't go far enough in pushing the issue. That's as close to he did nothing wrong as you can say. Of course it's a joke.

It's the obvious comment, but the optics of 3 games vs 4 games for the UNC incidents are hilarious.

:laugh:

OSU is a sham. It is not an academic institution. It is a minor league sports organization. The Big Ten ought to just step in to send them to the SEC where they would fit right in.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Where do they find these people? This is currently the top comment on the OhioStFootball Reddit Thread.

FORzIfz.jpg

Reading message boards & twitter their fan base was seemingly jacked up on the idea of Meyer pulling a power move & potentially getting their president canned. :laugh:

It’s a weird dynamic their websites & writers are pretty much all fanboys so I guess that bleeds into the fan base. As a Philadelphia sports fan I’m so used to the media hating the teams they cover & looking for any reason to trash them whether valid or not. So it’s always weird when I see that with other teams & fanbases. The Penguins media are like that too.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Reading message boards & twitter their fan base was seemingly jacked up on the idea of Meyer pulling a power move & potentially getting their president canned. :laugh:

It’s a weird dynamic their websites & writers are pretty much all fanboys so I guess that bleeds into the fan base. As a Philadelphia sports fan I’m so used to the media hating the teams they cover & looking for any reason to trash them whether valid or not. So it’s always weird when I see that with other teams & fanbases. The Penguins media are like that too.

That's exactly why I can't stand those fanbases, I think.

This PC is just fantastic. Someone actually had the stones to ask Gene Smith if Meyer should have told them about the allegations from Florida since he admittedly knew. The answer had to do with the new VP of HR and background checks. :laugh:

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

What a thorough investigation of a period of time after the incidents occurred. I love this story. They're barely trying to cover their tracks.

*Edit* Oh my god. That's quite the response from your counsel.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The whole ordeal is ridiculous and he should absolutely be fired (a three game suspension is such a slap in the face...if you're going to do that you might as well do nothing at all). But this article hits the nail on the head at what a scumbag Meyer is.

After he apologized to “Buckeye nation” – “I followed my heart, not my head” – he was asked about what he would say to Courtney Smith, the ex-wife of Zach Smith who first made the allegations. In his response, he didn’t name her.

“I have a message for everyone involved in this: I’m sorry we’re in this situation,” he said. “I’m just sorry we’re in this situation.”

Urban Meyer apologizes to ‘Buckeye nation’ but not to domestic abuse victim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad