Speculation: All Purpose LA Kings 2013-14 Trade Speculation/Rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
St.Louis will never find his way to the west coast.He just seems like your prototypical east coast player who loves the area and doesn't want the extra travel associated with the west.

scramble91

Jul 6, 2010
St.Louis will never find his way to the west coast.He just seems like your prototypical east coast player who loves the area and doesn't want the extra travel associated with the west.

I love the way he plays, but this demand to 1 team is ridiculous. I wouldn't trade him unless they get more than a ufa . If he retires because of it then his legacy will be severely tarnished. I doubt he would want to go out like that.

It bugs me that players can have full Nmc's and actually ask for a trade.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
If I'm in Yzerman's shoes, I'm not going to oblige a player and exclusively negotiate with one team. That's going to devalue the asset and give the opposing team all the leverage in trade talks.

And if the Rangers are serious, I'd be asking for Kreider as the starting point and add from there.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
If I'm in Yzerman's shoes, I'm not going to oblige a player and exclusively negotiate with one team. That's going to devalue the asset and give the opposing team all the leverage in trade talks.

And if the Rangers are serious, I'd be asking for Kreider as the starting point and add from there.

Yeah, if this is true, it's setting itself up just like when Iginla was being traded. When a player has a say in where he can go, it just kills any deal (possibly better return) with teams outside the teams the player want to go to.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
So Ryan Kesler has asked for a trade out of Vancouver as well. I bet the Rags or Wings would be all over him.

the meltdown in Vancrapper is officially underway. we already knew it, but when top players begin asking out then they see it.

i wonder how much Torts has to do with this?

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Yeah, if this is true, it's setting itself up just like when Iginla was being traded. When a player has a say in where he can go, it just kills any deal (possibly better return) with teams outside the teams the player want to go to.

Only more reason to get rid of any NMC, NTC or limited NTC contracts. Teams should be free to deal any player to any team that gives them the best deal. I'm glad Lombardi hasn't got sucked into numerous contracts like that like the likes of Vancouver, Philly, etc.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Lombardi's stance on NTC NMC clauses are; Lombardi " They are not worth the paper they are printed on".

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Only more reason to get rid of any NMC, NTC or limited NTC contracts. Teams should be free to deal any player to any team that gives them the best deal. I'm glad Lombardi hasn't got sucked into numerous contracts like that like the likes of Vancouver, Philly, etc.

Seems like a good reason NOT to rid of the NMC and NTC.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Ryan Kesler, when he's healthy and ON, is a ****ing ferocious player. I would give up a lot to have him on the Kings. He is everything you want in a player. When he focuses on strictly playing hockey and is healthy, he is elite. I love his game.

AlabamaKingsFan

Jan 29, 2014
Ryan Kesler, when he's healthy and ON, is a ****ing ferocious player. I would give up a lot to have him on the Kings. He is everything you want in a player. When he focuses on strictly playing hockey and is healthy, he is elite. I love his game.

There is now a thread on the main board, ottawa wanting jdub what will it take? Opinions? Sorry rc I can't posy unless I quote for some reason...

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I would love a Kesler. He's a prototypical Lombardi type of player. He won't come cheap, no doubt!

Could you imagine how much more intense our rivalry against the nux would be, if we did obtain Kesler?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Would love Kesler, he is a damn fine player when he just plays hockey.

Nukcs are going to get a very good return for him.

I am sure all 29 GM's are willing to put together a package for him.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

He's actually been a badass this year while the rest of the team is out to pasture.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Kesler asking for a trade couldn't come at a better time. Van keeps hanging around the cut for the playoffs and with a little hot streak could cause issues for the Kings.

Well, before the Kings turned into an offensive juggernaut!!! :laugh:

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I would love a Kesler. He's a prototypical Lombardi type of player. He won't come cheap, no doubt!

Could you imagine how much more intense our rivalry against the nux would be, if we did obtain Kesler?

About as intense as it got when we got Mitchell? Or when they got Richardson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad