Speculation: All Purpose LA Kings 2013-14 Trade Speculation/Rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Well he has been the Kings worst defensive forward since last season. As far as his offensive game, he has 1 goal in 38 games, that is not a bad stretch of games it's a half a season.

3 assists in 10 games is a bad stretch. One goal in 38 games while being awful defensively the whole time is more than a bad stretch.

Do you disagree that Ehrhoff's play has held steady the past few years while Richards has completely fallen off?

If I am wrong, how would you describe the play of the two players over the past 3-4 years?

Richards is still the 3rd leading scorer on the kings, so, I don't agree that his game has "completely fallen off". It seems as though you only focus on his goals and totally disregard his total points. I don't know why you continuously do that.

As for Ehrhoff, I don't have a problem with him. I do have some concerns about his age and the term of his contract. I only wonder how long it would be before posters like yourself who are going to lambaste him, if and when he has streaks of bad games.

Personally, if we're going to add a dman, I would much rather go the frugal route and acquire a Smid than overpay for an Ehrhoff.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Darren Dreger‏@DarrenDreger·2 mins
6 years, $5.5 per for Girardi staying with Rangers.

there goes that option

RHD so he wasn't really an option imo. too expensive as a third pairing also. the only real alternative would have been to move VV to open the #2 RD.

more importantly this means that ANH doesn't get him like they were rumored to have been

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Richards is still the 3rd leading scorer on the kings, so, I don't agree that his game has "completely fallen off". It seems as though you only focus on his goals and totally disregard his total points. I don't know why you continuously do that.

As for Ehrhoff, I don't have a problem with him. I do have some concerns about his age and the term of his contract. I only wonder how long it would be before posters like yourself who are going to lambaste him, if and when he has streaks of bad games.

Personally, if we're going to add a dman, I would much rather go the frugal route and acquire a Smid than overpay for an Ehrhoff.

All I look at is goals? Really. It seems to be the only thing you are hung on are his assists. Want to talk about the downtrend in physical play, the complete collapse of his defensive game in addition to the likely single digit goal season?

And I am right there with you in not wanting Ehrhoff because he is going to cost us Toffoli, and right now trading a skilled winger for a defenseman is not an optimal move for a team that is 29th in goals.

The long term Doughty partner will need to be addressed with the other holes on the team this summer. The issue to be fixed now is lw.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Darren Dreger‏@DarrenDreger·2 mins
6 years, $5.5 per for Girardi staying with Rangers.

there goes that option

Good for the Rangers, and shows us what money will be made available for top minute defenceman. This makes Ehrhoff at 4 mil seem like more off a bargain and is actually a great fit. All 3 of our top d signed long term playing big minutes letting us rely on younger guys to fill the bottom spots at a cheaper rate. His play will still be great in later years as he is mobile and by the time he starts diminishing Voynov should be peaking.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
All I look at is goals? Really. It seems to be the only thing you are hung on are his assists. Want to talk about the downtrend in physical play, the complete collapse of his defensive game in addition to the likely single digit goal season?

And I am right there with you in not wanting Ehrhoff because he is going to cost us Toffoli, and right now trading a skilled winger for a defenseman is not an optimal move for a team that is 29th in goals.

The long term Doughty partner will need to be addressed with the other holes on the team this summer. The issue to be fixed now is lw.

Just out of curiosity, why are you and the majority of the board so obsessed with finding the partner for Doughty? What's wrong with a plug here or there? It seems to have worked thus far.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I heard that we aren't in on Vanek and haven't been seriously interested since before the oly break. Unless things change you can count him out (word is he will actually end up with the Wild which is where he wanted to go all along).

funky

Mar 9, 2002
Just out of curiosity, why are you and the majority of the board so obsessed with finding the partner for Doughty? What's wrong with a plug here or there? It seems to have worked thus far.

Because watching DD "unleashed" against the best in the world because he had a proper parter makes me feel we are playing one of the best defenceman in the world at 70% of his ability. Stability in my mind offers DD a chance at annual Norris trophies and lets some of our plugs play less minutes which also helps our team.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Because we all know how DD can play when he is paired with a capable defensive partner who can give him the freedom to play almost as a rover.

Doughty has spent way to much time stuck in the defensive zone covering for Regehr and Muzzin. By having him play with #6 quality d-man like Regehr and Muzzin the Kings limit how much he can dominate games.

funky

Mar 9, 2002
I heard that we aren't in on Vanek and haven't been seriously interested since before the oly break. Unless things change you can count him out (word is he will actually end up with the Wild which is where he wanted to go all along).

Not upset by this . Hope the same holds true with the GAGNER and AMAC rumours . Thanks for the update.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Not upset by this . Hope the same holds true with the GAGNER and AMAC rumours . Thanks for the update.

Gagner just makes no sense this season, I can understand it as a move to address the 2nd line center spot in the future, but it just made no sense now when the big hole is on left wing to acquire a right shooting center.

Same thing with AMac, maybe this summer, but right now the Kings can't give up assets for someone like that.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Ehrhoff anyone?

For what? Don't see any way Buffalo trades him hear without Toffoli going the other way.

The 29th best offensive team and best defensive team in the league trading one of it's most skilled players (who happens to be 21)at a position of weakness for a 32 year old defender really doesn't make any sense to me.

Plus, Ehrhoff's contract looks more and more like a steal, when you consider a good chunk of the actual salary is paid, it's highway robbery.

funky

Mar 9, 2002
Gagner just makes no sense this season, I can understand it as a move to address the 2nd line center spot in the future, but it just made no sense now when the big hole is on left wing to acquire a right shooting center.

Same thing with AMac, maybe this summer, but right now the Kings can't give up assets for someone like that.

Don't want nothing to do with either, now or later, better options out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->