Speculation: All Purpose LA Kings 2013-14 Trade Speculation/Rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 18s
Sounds like there may be trouble now with Gagner trade to LA. Another team upped their offer for gagner and kings pulling out?

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Yl9XFvI.gif

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 1m
Vanek could be back in the picture for LA... gagner deal could still be saved, but it appears to be dicey...for now

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Yeah, I was never big on the whole Gagner deal, can't say I care either way. Don't like it and don't hate it.

dogyekcoh*

Garner would be so thrill if he got traded to the Kings. He will no longer fear #44 and his big bone crunching hit.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Yeah, I was never big on the whole Gagner deal, can't say I care either way. Don't like it and don't hate it.

I absolutely hate it if a big chuck of his salary is not retained bu Edmonton, he's vastly overpaid

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Itd suck if we traded Martinez, but we never play him anyway so we wouldn't lose out, plus i'd like to see him go to a team that will actually use him right. All the tools to develop into a #2dman at best, but more likely a #3.

Please not to the Loilers though. I want to see him go somewhere where he can win

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I don't think AMart will ever be a 2nd pair defenseman, he could be a valuable third pairing guy, but he has never really played the tough minutes here for the Kings that a second pair defenseman has to play in the playoffs.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't think AMart will ever be a 2nd pair defenseman, he could be a valuable third pairing guy, but he has never really played the tough minutes here for the Kings that a second pair defenseman has to play in the playoffs.

Not here, maybe, but I have no doubt he's on the top 4 of many other teams. Not just out of necessity, but because he's good there. He has never played the tough minutes, I agree, so maybe you're right in that there's no assurance of success, but he looks to me to have all the right tools to work there. Just doesn't beat out Voynov-Doughty as puck movers or the others as the SAH in our personnel system.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
I still don't understand why anyone would trade martinez over muzzin. One might argue muzzin has slightly more offensive upside, but marginally. Martinez is still the superior defensemen, as well as having a killing break out pass. Also, martinez doesn't drop grenades, muzzin does all the time. I'm sure if slotted in the top spot, martinez would be able to do just as well as muzzin does. also, he's left handed. If he was right handed, I would understand, but in my mind martinez is superior to muzzin in almost every way.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009

true, we just don't know because he has never been giving a chance, but the dude can move the puck out of his own end which is just about the most important thing for a dman these days, can contribute offensively, and is solid defensively. I don't think he will ever be a guy who will shutdown top competition, but he won't make mistakes in his own end, so you can throw him on a top pairing alongside a star dman like DOUGHTY, and he should do a competent against top opponents. On a second line, you would expect him to drive the play against 2nd rate opponents, which is also the type of player we need alongside Voynov

Isn't that interesting, how he seems like he would be a good fit for both Doughty or Voynov as it stands to at least experiment with. But nah, lets throw him on 3rd pairings alongside Greene, or even better, we will play him on his off side on the 3rd pairing with Mitchell AND HE WILL STILL CRUSH, but not get a chance

TimbeS

Jan 24, 2013
Finland
I have been busy for a few days, haven't been reading rumors at all... Are we really going for Gagner? I thought that LW was the obvious position where we needed reinfrorcement.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I've been talking to many Kings fans even that are not on the site and I cant find to seem one that likes Gagner. I wonder why?.. Maybe cuz he sucks and can't even play LW?.. Why dont we just do Williams for Vanek?..

Toffoli-Kopitar-Carter
Vanek-Richards-Brown

Loooks fine....ermm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad