Golf: All purpose golf discussion (The PGA Tour’s 2019-20 schedule in post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Match play brings out the absolute worst takes. Hate to see it.

My dream scenario for the next Ryder Cup is for Pat to be on the bubble heading into the final event before the qualification cutoff, only to win that event and secure an automatic spot. Heads would explode.

The next best scenario would be for him to win The Masters (again) and be qualified months in advance. I could settle for that.
The guy is 1-6-1 and his last 8 matches between Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup and most of those wins have come with Spieth. The guy is a cheating, useless, bum and should never be allowed to participate in the Ryder Cup or President's Cup again

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was at the President's Cup in '17 in New Jersey on Saturday and the heckling from the US fans toward the Internationals was something else [and the US was up by a ton]. Really awful and over the top. I think it's more than just a little hypocritical for Tiger to be calling out their fans for this. Els was 100% correct in replying that they always get it much worse.

I never understood why golfers are so opposed to heckling, more so than other athletes. It happens in every sport. The only issue I'd have with the heckling is if it effects the shot purposefully with the timing of it during a swing. Everything else should be allowed. I wouldn't condone what these people shout at the players, but it shouldn't get them kicked out, the players shouldn't be complaining, and they should be able to control their emotions and not punch fans.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
The guy is 1-6-1 and his last 8 matches between Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup and most of those wins have come with Spieth. The guy is a cheating, useless, bum and should never be allowed to participate in the Ryder Cup or President's Cup again

Anybody with a pair of eyes could tell you that Reed drove the bus when paired with Spieth in 2016. One of the all-time carries we've seen in the Ryder Cup.

Meanwhile, not a peep about Bryson having a smooth 0-4 start to his Presidents/Ryder Cup career, or about DJ - arguably the team's best player - being 2-6 over the same span. Match play is just a terrible format when it comes to showcasing a player's true ability.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Anybody with a pair of eyes could tell you that Reed drove the bus when paired with Spieth in 2016. One of the all-time carries we've seen in the Ryder Cup.

Meanwhile, not a peep about Bryson having a smooth 0-4 start to his Presidents/Ryder Cup career, or about DJ - arguably the team's best player - being 2-6 over the same span. Match play is just a terrible format when it comes to showcasing a player's true ability.
You don't see those players picking fights and calling out teammates or punching fans, do you?

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Matt Kuchar does it!!!!!!

The US win the cup! The US win the cup!!!

Tiger completes the greatest comeback in President's Cup history!!!! (It's not true, I don't think, but it sounds cool!)

Add it to his lengthy resume. GOAT!!!!!

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I find it kind of comical how it's such a great "team win" when they suck at the team aspect and win it all in singles on their superior individual talent.

At least there was excitement this time and maybe it can build some momentum into something people care about. I still doubt it though. You gather a group of randoms from Australia, Asia, South America, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, etc and what are they really playing for? Throw in the mismatch in skill and it's destined to be an easy USA win more often than not.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
I find it kind of comical how it's such a great "team win" when they suck at the team aspect and win it all in singles on their superior individual talent.

At least there was excitement this time and maybe it can build some momentum into something people care about. I still doubt it though. You gather a group of randoms from Australia, Asia, South America, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, etc and what are they really playing for? Throw in the mismatch in skill and it's destined to be an easy USA win more often than not.

The first part is very funny and true.

On he second part, Els hinted at some idea he had to change the whole thing in his press conference last night after it ended. He wouldn't go into any details and didn't really do a good job of explaining besides basically saying there's a way to change it that needs to happen.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
The first part is very funny and true.

On he second part, Els hinted at some idea he had to change the whole thing in his press conference last night after it ended. He wouldn't go into any details and didn't really do a good job of explaining besides basically saying there's a way to change it that needs to happen.
I had no idea what Els was talking about. Thought maybe it was just a partial clip and I missed something, but that was the extent of it.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Well the Internationals put up a good fight.

The U.S should really stomp them every year; much superior talent, playing with guys who you are close with and have chemistry with and the pride of playing for your country instead of for the 'internationals'.

Love to see Tiger playing really well again, let's get back to back Green Jackets baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad