Golf: All purpose golf discussion (The PGA Tour’s 2019-20 schedule in post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The US Open is at Torrey Pines next year. I don't know why the players that put an emphasis on the majors wouldn't be getting in as many tournament rounds at Torrey Pines as they can, especially these younger players that don't know the course well. Why is Bryson playing in Dubai? That makes no sense to me.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
That’s a heck of a shot (routine for him) by Phil on 18. It looks like it will be him and the Canadian Taylor in the final group tomorrow.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Boring final round, but Riviera is such a great course. If you are off your game, you won't contend. You have to hit all the shots, and the greens always are very fast because it never rains in LA. Interesting set-up, as well. Less than 7300 yards, but it plays a lot longer than that because one of the par 5's is less than 500 yards and one of the par 4's is less than 300 yards, so the other 16 holes play extremely long.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Boring final round, but Riviera is such a great course. If you are off your game, you won't contend. You have to hit all the shots, and the greens always are very fast because it never rains in LA. Interesting set-up, as well. Less than 7300 yards, but it plays a lot longer than that because one of the par 5's is less than 500 yards and one of the par 4's is less than 300 yards, so the other 16 holes play extremely long.
I'm listening to Max Homa's podcast Get A Grip and it's very interesting to see how he talks about being in contention as well as how highly regarded Riviera is among the players.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Rory just crapped on the idea that's floating around

McIlroy: 'Freedom' tops golf league's big money

"For me, I'm out. My position is I'm against it until there may come a day that I can't be against it. If everyone else goes, I might not have a choice, but at this point, I don't like what they're proposing.''

"Tiger is 44; he's got two young kids,'' McIlroy said. "He's openly said last week he wants to play 12 times a year, so this league is proposing 18, so he's not going to do it.''

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Rory just crapped on the idea that's floating around

McIlroy: 'Freedom' tops golf league's big money

"For me, I'm out. My position is I'm against it until there may come a day that I can't be against it. If everyone else goes, I might not have a choice, but at this point, I don't like what they're proposing.''

"Tiger is 44; he's got two young kids,'' McIlroy said. "He's openly said last week he wants to play 12 times a year, so this league is proposing 18, so he's not going to do it.''
Yeah, I see it more as leverage for players to try to increase purses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad