All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion VIII: mmvvpp Memorial Thread (No Election Talk)

You may pick only one Thanksgiving food. All others will be erased from existence.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So i've had numerous packages that have been delivered over the last few weeks that have had Signature Required service. Not once have they attempted to retrieve a signature and have just left the boxes. Luckily i've been able to get all of the packages but what happens when one of these walks or one of them isn't actually delivered? They all have "signed for my *My name*" which never happened as i've been at work for nearly every single one of the deliveries. One of them has Covid-19 written as "my" signature.

Signature suspension notification

To promote the Centers for Disease Control’s guidance on social distancing and do our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 across our communities, effective immediately we have temporarily implemented no-contact pickups and deliveries, including temporarily suspending most signature requirements for FedEx Express and FedEx Ground commercial and residential deliveries in the U.S. and Canada. The signature suspension also includes FedEx Freight in the U.S. and those normally required as part of our same-day service, as well as in our FedEx Office retail stores and FedEx OnSite locations at various retailers. In most cases, after making contact with the recipient, the team member will collect the recipient’s first initial and last name and enter “C-19” in place of the signature image. If an adult signature was requested by the shipper, the driver will collect the recipient’s first initial and last name, and then attempt to collect a signature by the recipient using an acceptable stylus or writing instrument, depending on the driver’s device; if the recipient refuses to sign or doesn’t have access to an acceptable stylus or writing instrument for the driver’s device, the driver will enter “C-19” in place of the signature image.

https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/f.../q1/2019_nCoV_Service_Impacts_November_25.pdf

From FedEx's Website, they say that they suspended it but they're still supposed to try and get some type of confirmation, that hasn't happened.

Hell, I have something that I sold on eBay that is supposed to be delivered today. As per eBay rules any product over a certain amount requires a signature for delivery. What happens when Joe Schmoe claims he never got it?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Dang.

this-is-literally-my-worst-nightmare.gif

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
So i've had numerous packages that have been delivered over the last few weeks that have had Signature Required service. Not once have they attempted to retrieve a signature and have just left the boxes. Luckily i've been able to get all of the packages but what happens when one of these walks or one of them isn't actually delivered? They all have "signed for my *My name*" which never happened as i've been at work for nearly every single one of the deliveries. One of them has Covid-19 written as "my" signature.

https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/f.../q1/2019_nCoV_Service_Impacts_November_25.pdf

From FedEx's Website, they say that they suspended it but they're still supposed to try and get some type of confirmation, that hasn't happened.

Hell, I have something that I sold on eBay that is supposed to be delivered today. As per eBay rules any product over a certain amount requires a signature for delivery. What happens when Joe Schmoe claims he never got it?

I had an email from Fedex saying my package was delivered and signed for. I was home all day and none of those things happened. I spent time trying to find and track it down and failed so I was convinced it was stolen.

The next night I took out the recycling and it turned out they had left it in my backyard, where I had not thought to look.

Super frustrating. And, like you say, it's going to backfire badly if they keep doing this.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I had an email from Fedex saying my package was delivered and signed for. I was home all day and none of those things happened. I spent time trying to find and track it down and failed so I was convinced it was stolen.

The next night I took out the recycling and it turned out they had left it in my backyard, where I had not thought to look.

Super frustrating. And, like you say, it's going to backfire badly if they keep doing this.
FEDup

Reactions: pit

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

If you think that, and the lack of signatures are bad, I had a run in with fedex over buying a gun online and the local dealer they were receiving it to transfer the paperwork went on vacation.
FedEx claimed the package was signed by “the customer on file”. Then they claimed it was returned. I waited for them to get back from vacation and then another two days to let them get caught up with stuff. When I called, they had no record of the shipment. I gave the site I bought it from a call and they had conflicting tracking information that different from what I had. They were in the middle of their investigation when I noticed that there was a duplicate tracking order somehow, and that was showing that it was failed to deliver the first time due to the store being closed, a second time that was signed by (completely wrong store name) but then cancelled.
The online vendor called me back saying that they were getting the run around with fedex and we’re going to open an ATF investigation the next day at noon. 8 AM the following morning I get a call my my local gun store saying that it finally arrived, and I had to call back to the vendor to stop the investigation so it wouldn’t tie up my background check to get the gun from the local FFL where I would get denied due to the investigation and the gun eventually shipped back to the online vendor.

Reactions: pit

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The irony is that his popularity is actually pretty high due to infusions of cash to people. Money talks his bullshit still walks...

Brazil’s Bolsonaro rejects COVID-19 shot, calls masks taboo | Federal News Network

Brazil also has a lot of pretty racist people who thinks the black and aboriginal population are sub-human... their issues in that area make the US look great on equality issues...

combined with one of the worst public education systems in South America... and arguably bottom 10 in the world... like 30% of people reach 8th grade.

And a murdering paramilitary police force...

And tbh Bolsonaro over his term has arguably been widening the gap between rich and poor while pretending to be a man of the people.

The handouts to poor were not from him, but congress, he is just claiming credit now. 100 dollars a month while screwing them on so manyother levels with the policies enacted over last few years.

One of many reasons why free, decent quality education until age 16 or so is so important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad