All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XVIV: We're Goin Off The Rail On A Crazy Monorail

Best Fries?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
When I was trickling Amazon Prime, I saw that you could lower the quality to use less internet strength (i.e. monkey power)

0qY3Yke.gif

... but I don't see that option on Netflix, so this could be quite a struggle.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I've always hated those questions since they're so damn hard to answer. It's almost always a flavor of the week/month/year thing for me.

My favorite type of music might be described as alternative post indie folk punk pop rock. So yeah, lots of different things. I'll literally give anything a shot nowadays, which wasn't the case growing up. It was punk rock or bust back then.

Gun to my head, my favorite band of the last several years is Dawes. Pinegrove is another that's been addicting lately.

try Glorious Sons?

Reactions: Young Sandwich

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Appleyard said:
Haha. I concur on celsius. I use it personally.

32c for me is fine tbh. So long as not too much (70+) humidity. 35+ is where it can start to be unpleasant in my eyes.

Humidity just matters so much. Not all 30c days are alike!

I have been in a lot of places in Spain and Greece with no aircon... but design of houses meant that 35c in day and late 20s at night was fine. But ofc humidity dependant.

Stayed with the girl I was seeing at the time in Israel in July a few years back. Her house had no aircon... was 38c in day all week and early 30s at night and very humid. I was losing around 2kg a night. :laugh: Not so pleasant.
Yeah, I don’t get why the US is still stuck using the old system. I mean people have a brain so they should be able to learn the metric system just like they learned the archaic system.

I concur humidity plays a factor. I don’t think I can survive in Singapore very long. It really dam hot there with like 100% humidity being a degree or so off the equator. Still, even if there is no humidity at some point it is just dang hot and I am not going to survive.

I was in Japan one summer and I’m pretty sure I sweated gallons out every day there. I can’t decide which was worse though, the unbearable hot weather or the constant cicada noises every single nanosecond every single day :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Beef Invictus said:
Also I've never seen a MOD Pizza in VA and I've been through every corner of this state.
Sounds like you have not gone to Reston in awhile.

On a separate note, when are they going to open the Reston Town Center station? Not only is government slow, but so are US construction projects...

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
If I want a good cheap burger and fries combo, I go to a solid diner over a fast food joint every dang time.

I think I had Chick-Fil-A once in the last year or so as my only “fast food” meal. Don’t think I’ve had McDonald’s or Wendy’s in 5 years. Expert I am not!

Diners > fast food.

Best fries: mine, home made. Especially when there are no explosions in my kitchen

Blasphemer. They are heavenly. Fries, wedges, mash, roasted... all awesome.

These are great posts!
giphy.gif

Sweet potatoes are some of the most confused, vile shit in the world.

overrated

Sweet potatoes are the food of the devil. In any form. If you look into them closely enough, you can see the number of the beast

These posts stink!
giphy.gif

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
@wankstifier saw Bo Nickal & Anthony Cassar are likely headed to MMA soon. They’ve been training with one of the top MMA gyms.

The depth of USA wrestling might push more of the best NCAA talent to MMA.

Snyder has expressed interest in doing MMA as well—former OSU guy now, interestingly, with the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club. I’m not sure what else he feels he has to accomplish at the international stage in wrestling before he transitions.

I think Nickal would be an exciting fighter. He’s a big move guy with a finisher’s mentality in wrestling.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Politics aside. This dude actually thought he was going to get on public transit with an atm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad