All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XVIV: We're Goin Off The Rail On A Crazy Monorail

Best Fries?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Flavor of the month thing for me too, but if you ask for recommendations, you have to at least point me somewhere general.

One of the songs in my elite tier is a chill step/lowfi EDM song, but I'd never recommend it to anyone who didn't like computer music.

I too listen to it all but that doesn't mean I can't easily say the Beatles are my favorite band and classic rock is my favorite music, regardless of flavors of the week/month

@Beef Invictus @Hollywood Couturier Check out our little brother here with his beep boop music.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Police brutality goes beyond slayings.
Negligence and abuse of power run deep in that culture i dont think anyone would debate that
Protests over killings start up because the act itself is egregious and inhuman but its indicative of a rotteness that permeates depts across the country.
Illegal search and seizure, physical abuse on the street and in custody, planting of evidence, wrongful arrests and falsified statements in court leading to countless unwarranted jail terms.

Those are generalities, what we need are data that can identify when, where and why.
You can point to instances, but with 900K policemen, there are always going to be issues with some cops.
The question is whether it's systematic, why do some police departments have a better/worse record, and so on.
What is often "obvious" becomes more complicated as you look at the data.
This is why the Obama administration pushed "evidence based" policymaking, don't assume, analyze then act.

One thing that is left out of the equation, anything that reduces the efficacy of police hurts the black community more than any other group, 2,500 black on black homicides means a 10% swing either way dwarfs the level of racially motivated killings by police.
So the trick is how to make the police less biased and violent, and more responsive while reducing violent crime.
The only way to do this is to figure out what works and how to transplant it to less sophisticated police departments.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Time to distract the masses

download.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad