Is Mayonnaise An Instrument?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Isnt this obvious? Everyone knows we cant stay this way forever. Its always been a fine line.

This was his full quote rather than just the sensationalist headline..

PUBLISHED FRI, MAY 22 202012:17 PM EDTUPDATED 4 HOURS AGO
Berkeley Lovelace Jr.@BERKELEYJR

Dr. Fauci: We certainly support cautious reopening
Stay-at-home orders intended to curb the spread of the coronavirus could end up causing “irreparable damage” if imposed for too long, White House health advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci told CNBC on Friday.
“I don’t want people to think that any of us feel that staying locked down for a prolonged period of time is the way to go,” Fauci said during an interview with CNBC’s Meg Tirrell on “Halftime Report.”

He said the U.S. had to institute severe measures because Covid-19 cases were exploding then. “But now is the time, depending upon where you are and what your situation is, to begin to seriously look at reopening the economy, reopening the country to try to get back to some degree of normal.”
However, Fauci also cautioned states against reducing social distancing measures too quickly, adding they must take “very significant precautions.”
“In general, I think most of the country is doing it in a prudent way,” he said. “There are obviously some situations where people might be jumping over that. I just say please proceed with caution if you’re going to do that.”

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Couldn't care what doctors "say," anyone who studies statistics knows that random "hot spots" are inevitable in a large population.
You need good statistics to determine if you're observing a trend or a statistical fluke, and most doctors are ignorant of statistics (epidemiologists are an exception since that's a requirement, good medical researchers should be, but often aren't, trained in statistics).

Right now there is no evidence one way or another.

Though the rise in gun sales should lead to a rise in suicide, irregardless of the shutdown, b/c there's a strong correlation between gun ownership and suicide, probably because when you're depressed, you don't get second thoughts (they're not going to pump your stomach) when you use a gun to do the deed.

https://www.researchgate.net/profil...wnership-and-Suicide-in-the-United-States.pdf

https://www.ajpmonline.org/article/S0749-3797(18)32383-3/fulltext

FIREARM AVAILABILITY AND SUICIDE - Suicide Prevention and Intervention - NCBI Bookshelf
I love how when something is an unknown against what you think it’s an impossibility yet when it’s for you it’s a stone cold lock.
Hot spots, as in 1 years worth of recorded suicides in a two week period?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I've never seen this and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I don't need Sponge Bob to tell me that mayonnaise is not an instrument.

A cello is an instrument, no matter how you play it.

It could easily be a percussion instrument, and if you thrust your fist into it, a improvised sound clip instrument to sample from.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Isnt this obvious? Everyone knows we cant stay this way forever. Its always been a fine line.

Stay-at-home orders intended to curb the spread of the coronavirus could end up causing “irreparable damage” if imposed for too long, White House health advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci told CNBC on Friday.
“I don’t want people to think that any of us feel that staying locked down for a prolonged period of time is the way to go,” Fauci said during an interview with CNBC’s Meg Tirrell on “Halftime Report.”

He said the U.S. had to institute severe measures because Covid-19 cases were exploding then. “But now is the time, depending upon where you are and what your situation is, to begin to seriously look at reopening the economy, reopening the country to try to get back to some degree of normal.”
However, Fauci also cautioned states against reducing social distancing measures too quickly, adding they must take “very significant precautions.”
“In general, I think most of the country is doing it in a prudent way,” he said. “There are obviously some situations where people might be jumping over that. I just say please proceed with caution if you’re going to do that.”
I honestly think he is trying to walk the political tightrope and may have been told to blow a bit more sunshine into the situation or else get tanked. He has already been sidelined more of late. ...

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

He's saying something that is 100% correct and the right way to go about things but then you have people taking that sensationalist headline created by the media and turning it into a political statement on both sides of the aisle.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
He's saying something that is 100% correct and the right way to go about things but then you have people taking that sensationalist headline created by the media and turning it into a political statement on both sides of the aisle.

Wrong. We can have nice things.

Elect HC / Starat 2020

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

It has never been lockdown v open up. That has always been a false dichotomy.

It has been open up gradually with the proper precautions v open up immediately without regard to safety.

If you open up without masks, testing, tracing, isolation and social distance, you'd better have your COVID surfboard ready for the second wave.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
“but at the very least we can get someone who isn't afraid to be seen in public wearing a mask to save lives.”
@Superman33
View attachment 347156

Oh, you mean this picture that looks as though it was taken by a paparazzi hidden in a bush with a zoom lens from 100 yards away? He literally told the reporters he took it off because he didn't want them to see him wearing it. When someone tells you who they are, believe them.

I've been trying to be on a mission to get people to realize that there is only one choice in November, whoever is the person that has the best chance to beat Trump. In 2016 it was like, "Alright, how much damage could be possibly do? It is not like he could end up making decisions that will end up with tens of thousands of people dead." Then that literally happened. If people can't see that than they're living in an alternate reality. The church thing he pulled today is entirely a ploy to get reelected. I don't blame Trump for doing everything he possible can to reelected, but his problem is that he doesn't have tools to work with and all of his cards at this point suck. He wasn't in a great position to begin with, but the COVID crisis made it was worse for him. Not only can he not Constitutionally (not like he tries to follow this normally) force open churches across the country, but it is going to end up getting members of his voting based killed.

By the way, I was okay with any person that has the best chance to beat Trump in November. Bernie, Warren, Klob, Pete, Harris, Booker, Castro, etc... We've played that game. Biden won. The choice isn't Biden, Trump, or someone else. It is Biden or Trump. To me, that isn't hard at all. Biden wasn't even in my top four choices. But at the very least, he won't be an embarrassment to the country and the office of the Presidency multiple times a day every single day.

Also, from the last thread the fact that out of those possible people you picked Tulsi as your best option made you lose credibility on this topic. That is a clown choice, bro.

As for COVID in PA, I had insider info about the June 4th move to yellow phase for Bucks County. That same info had Green on June 24th. Saw Jersey with the 25 people limit for outdoor gatherings now. Luckily the weather is going to be crappy for most of the weekend. I'm interested to see how busy it gets down here at the shore. There was socially distanced line to get beach tags here today. A line on Memorial Day Friday for that isn't out of the norm, but it was a bit longer today since they haven't been selling them for a few weeks now.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Fauci "flip-flopping" has little to do with him doing that of his own volition and more to do with King Orange being upset about every, single, little, thing, Fauci says publicly. King Orange is quite the sensitive ninny.
Ah yes. Of course. I’m sure President Trump made him flip flop during the aids epidemic it sars right?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Fauci "flip-flopping" has little to do with him doing that of his own volition and more to do with King Orange being upset about every, single, little, thing, Fauci says publicly. King Orange is quite the sensitive ninny.

I don't see much flip flopping, Fauci has continually spoke his mind, he's not as circumspect as Birx b/c he doesn't give a hoot.
He's been very consistent about having to be careful in opening up the economy, and the prospect of a second wave.

He's 79, with a long history of accomplishment, if he were "fired" (he's Civil Service, so he'd wouldn't be fired, just put in a corner office) he could easily find an endowed Chair at any top Medical School and/or Public Policy School.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Oh, you mean this picture that looks as though it was taken by a paparazzi hidden in a bush with a zoom lens from 100 yards away? He literally told the reporters he took it off because he didn't want them to see him wearing it. When someone tells you who they are, believe them.

I've been trying to be on a mission to get people to realize that there is only one choice in November, whoever is the person that has the best chance to beat Trump. In 2016 it was like, "Alright, how much damage could be possibly do? It is not like he could end up making decisions that will end up with tens of thousands of people dead." Then that literally happened. If people can't see that than they're living in an alternate reality. The church thing he pulled today is entirely a ploy to get reelected. I don't blame Trump for doing everything he possible can to reelected, but his problem is that he doesn't have tools to work with and all of his cards at this point suck. He wasn't in a great position to begin with, but the COVID crisis made it was worse for him. Not only can he not Constitutionally (not like he tries to follow this normally) force open churches across the country, but it is going to end up getting members of his voting based killed.

By the way, I was okay with any person that has the best chance to beat Trump in November. Bernie, Warren, Klob, Pete, Harris, Booker, Castro, etc... We've played that game. Biden won. The choice isn't Biden, Trump, or someone else. It is Biden or Trump. To me, that isn't hard at all. Biden wasn't even in my top four choices. But at the very least, he won't be an embarrassment to the country and the office of the Presidency multiple times a day every single day.

Also, from the last thread the fact that out of those possible people you picked Tulsi as your best option made you lose credibility on this topic. That is a clown choice, bro.

As for COVID in PA, I had insider info about the June 4th move to yellow phase for Bucks County. That same info had Green on June 24th. Saw Jersey with the 25 people limit for outdoor gatherings now. Luckily the weather is going to be crappy for most of the weekend. I'm interested to see how busy it gets down here at the shore. There was socially distanced line to get beach tags here today. A line on Memorial Day Friday for that isn't out of the norm, but it was a bit longer today since they haven't been selling them for a few weeks now.
A clown choice? I never said she would have been a good president. I said I thought she would have had the best chance to beat Trump. She appears as a moderate but has hard left policies. She would have gotten a decent amount of independent votes, uninformed republican votes, hard left, moderate left, and centerist votes. With proper funding and campaign staff that is.
She’s easy on the eyes, and wether you(royal you not you you) like it or not, the more attractive of the competing candidates has garnered more support since debates have been televised.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Are you guys dealing with this weird ass weather? It was 90F earlier today, and a few minutes ago, I decided to check it again...frost advisory tonight!

WTF??

image.png

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I love how when something is an unknown against what you think it’s an impossibility yet when it’s for you it’s a stone cold lock.
Hot spots, as in 1 years worth of recorded suicides in a two week period?

Not unusual, it's a problem with cancer all the time, hot spot and everyone in the area looks for something to blame.
Sometimes it's just luck.
That's why you need good statistics and statistical analysis.

Think of flipping a coin, it's 50/50, yet if you flip a coin 330 million times, you'll have streaks of 20 heads or 20 tails.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

That, and also the fact that as a society we lack the discipline needed to stop being selfish and actually abide by guidelines and be responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce