Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Reactions: Flybynite

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Twitter has rules (so does Facebook, as anyone who has run afoul of them, not moi, will attest) that Trump has repeatedly violated.
The company refrained from holding him accountable.
The fact check was with regard to their new policy to block attempts to suppress voting in the 2020 election.

For example, his egregious slander of Joe Scarborough (and the pain inflicted on the woman's widower) should never have been permitted under Twitter's rules. I can't remember any President, and practically any politician at all (except for a handful of fringe people) who have stooped that low - the GO is not just unfit to be POTUS, he's unfit for any decent society. You have to go back to Joe McCarthy to find a parallel at the national level.

The final straw seems to be the vendetta he has with the guy from Florida. If he left that alone they probably don't do anything.

Falsely accusing someone of murder should be a hard stop on social media of any kind.

Nope, I'm out.

I’m not even clicking it.

Reactions: Asnito

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
What? I do not have the time to recount every point from past discussion where I did lay out my point likely when I did have the time and motivation. Blinded by the media was in reference to a prior post. My thought process is perfectly in line. If my conclusion is different than yours do not resort to calling me immature or embarrassing. I honestly take offense to that and don’t believe describing someone in such terms should be accepted by this site. I would appreciate if you kept those comments to yourself. I’m here if you actually want to have a discussion and not put others down. If you can’t do that, don’t respond. Thanks.

Your point is still shit and now you're mad online. Your point. Not you. I don't know you from Adam.

Ignore button is right there. No offense will be taken at all.

Reactions: Starat327

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Meh, not everything is racism, just because it involves black and white.
The guy sounds like the type who'd have done the same with a group of white guys sharing a FOB.

My rule is simple, change the colors of the people involved, would that make a significant difference in how you'd perceive the incident?

Even the killing of the black man, if it was a black cop on a white tattooed skinhead type, would it be much different?
That is, is the problem racism, or police brutality/stupidity or a combination of both?

One problem is cable news loves incidents, but rarely reference the scholarly literature, which is complex to say the least, since it requires examining various factors, and data on police killings is sparse. The best article (soon to be published in a top economic journal):

https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/fryer/files/empirical_analysis_tables_figures.pdf
Roland G. Fryer Jr. - Wikipedia.

Fryer concludes that there is no racial difference in killings, but strong evidence of racial bias in police brutality.

A discussion of police killings and the problems with gross data.
Study that claims white police no more likely to shoot minorities draws fire | Science | AAAS
Officer characteristics and racial disparities in fatal officer-involved shootings
https://www.pnas.org/content/117/3/1264
Making inferences about racial disparities in police violence
Young unarmed nonsuicidal male victims of fatal use of force are 13 times more likely to be Black than White
Correction for Johnson et al., Officer characteristics and racial disparities in fatal officer-involved shootings

Reactions: BernieParent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad