• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Continue here...

Everyone should read a book during this thread's existence.

My book is this:

9I3ZEDF.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

From what I've seen reported on DC area news there is a slight spike in suicide and alcohol deaths and otherwise Coronavirus is vastly outpacing both. It isn't close at all. I believe, if I remember correctly, they said there was so far a 10% increase observed so far.

Relying on thoroughly anecdotal accounts from right-wing propaganda sites probably isn't a way to go. They have a vested interest in downplaying how bad this has been.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm working on several books.

upload_2020-5-22_12-43-31.png

That's the main one right now. That WSJ line is kind of misleading, none of this information is new and historians have been tying it into a global big-picture look for ages now, but for a casual reader who hasn't had a history class in high school or college taking that approach this would be a "Oh, it all ties together" sort of moment.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
From what I've seen reported on DC area news there is a slight spike in suicide and alcohol deaths and otherwise Coronavirus is vastly outpacing both. It isn't close at all. I believe, if I remember correctly, they said there was so far a 10% increase observed so far.

Relying on thoroughly anecdotal accounts from right-wing propaganda sites probably isn't a way to go. They have a vested interest in downplaying how bad this has been.
They are reporting on an abc news story in Northern California. ABC isn’t right wing.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
@Defect Continuing from the last thread - i know. Im just deathly afraid of heights and im always afraid that ill shift the ladder out from under me when i take my step on the roof. Anything above 10' im calling a contractor for.

I have no fear of heights, but I've steadily stopped trusting ladders. I worked as an exterior painted for a summer and too many concerning little things happened. Sitting on a three story ladder as one leg decides to randomly settle a little, or if the wood siding you're on has rot you can't see and it suddenly settles in...those are quick little "am I dying now?" moments.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The Blaze, like RT, selectively chooses stories to build a particular site-wide narrative.
That’s fine, but it’s still a story from a non right wing source. Doctors told abc7 out there that and the right wing website didn’t skew their words.

Whats RT?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I have no fear of heights, but I've steadily stopped trusting ladders. I worked as an exterior painted for a summer and too many concerning little things happened. Sitting on a three story ladder as one leg decides to randomly settle a little, or if the wood siding you're on has rot you can't see and it suddenly settles in...those are quick little "am I dying now?" moments.

Yeah, this is all a hard pass for me. I have done a lot of crazy shit that put me in danger but heights is one I can't so anymore.

There was a time in my early warehousing days where at the end of the day we'd get an order in for a brake rotor that was out of stock. Instead of doing the full replenishment, I'd hop on the forks of the forklift, have someone boom meup 40 feet, casually prance around the forks, grab the rotor, and go back down.

Man, was i an asshole back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad