• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
As a fan I have no say in the matter regardless so I’m not going to sit there & say they should do this or that. I’m ultimately sitting here waiting for them to tell me what the final decision is. It’s on the powers that be & the players to make a decision. But there ultimately is incentives for both to play again though. It’s not just a one sided affair.

Oh, for sure. But the idea that players have to "bite the same bullet as the owners" is incredibly nonsensical. "Sucking it up for the greater good" is even worse. I think everyone kinda understand what's at stake on the financial side both short term and long.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Oh, for sure. But the idea that players have to "bite the same bullet as the owners" is incredibly nonsensical. "Sucking it up for the greater good" is even worse. I think everyone kinda understand what's at stake on the financial side both short term and long.

The wording/tone is no doubt terrible but there’s some truth layered in what he says. They have to weigh the cost/benefit. I think we can agree if they punt the following season there’s going to be massive financial ramifications. I just don’t see that happening though. So if you play that is it worth it to punt this current season? Are your health challenges really going to drastically change between this summer & next winter?

The people who actually decide things have to weigh all these factors in making a decision(s).

Reactions: Starat327

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018

Ooof. Imagine thinking that entertainers should put their lives at risk for your entertainment.

I used to enjoy his perspective on prospects through his articles and his podcast. Over the past year or so he’s shared terrible opinions (like the above) and constantly shit on other people’s prospect opinions on twitter and on his podcast. Comes across now as: “I know all and everyone else is a Grade-A idiot.” It’s disappointing

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I used to enjoy his perspective on prospects through his articles and his podcast. Over the past year or so he’s shared terrible opinions (like the above) and constantly shit on other people’s prospect opinions on twitter and on his podcast. Comes across now as: “I know all and everyone else is a Grade-A idiot.” It’s disappointing

Sounds like success went to his head. Tale as old as time.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The wording/tone is no doubt terrible but there’s some truth layered in what he says. They have to weigh the cost/benefit. I think we can agree if they punt the following season there’s going to be massive financial ramifications. I just don’t see that happening though. So if you play that is it worth it to punt this current season? Are your health challenges really going to drastically change between this summer & next winter?

The people who actually decide things have to weigh all these factors in making a decision(s).

100% agreed that this has very long term effects. I don't know if this is better now or waiting 5 months (id default to this option, but I also expected this thing to last a month at most, and here we are, so who knows). And while I have absolutely no problem with hockey coming back in a safe manner, the attitude that people like him have that the players are gladiators, forced to risk life, limb or long term health for our entertainment is embarrassing.

Yes, there's some inherent risk to playing hockey, i get it. I know it all too well, actually. But there's a difference between accepted risk with mitigation and throwing peoples lives into further unnecessary risk. The league has to make some tough decisions and I don't envy their situation. But telling players to "suck it up" isn't one of them.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
92936625_10100565913383319_7347819368413134848_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad