All Ovechkin Talk (Part II): 50 Goals for #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Of course it works both ways, except I am discussing what is universally accepted in the hockey world. Others are discussing hypotheticals.

Just about any expert and unbiased fan knows it to be true. Just appreciate both players for crying out loud.

The only thing universally accepted is OV is the best goal scorer in the league, one of the best of all-time, and once again a Hart candidate

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
I can understand where ovechkin fans are coming from. Last season crosby obliterated him by 25 points and ovechkin was no where in the talks for best player in the world. This season he is close to crosby in scoring. The first time in years where they have played at a similar level. But realize crosby is still leading the league in scoring. At least for now

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
I can understand where ovechkin fans are coming from. Last season crosby obliterated him by 25 points and ovechkin was no where in the talks for best player in the world. This season he is close to crosby in scoring. The first time in years where they have played at a similar level. But realize crosby is still leading the league in scoring. At least for now

That's mainly because Sid has regressed and doesn't score nearly like he once did.

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
The only thing universally accepted is OV is the best goal scorer in the league, one of the best of all-time, and once again a Hart candidate

Convenient how you leave the fair portion of what I said out. You are the one who starts these useless debates.

Like I said, people accept Crosby is the better player, while Ovechkin the better goal scorer. Even when Crosby beat Ovechkin in goals one season, that does not make him the better goal scorer. Just like Ovechkin beating Crosby in points.

ryan519*

Ovi has been far and away the better player this year

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

gotta love pens fans coming into an ovechkin thread haha :)

edit: anyways, crosby and ovechkin are both good. the end

LaTenderness*

Price and Ovie will share the Hart ..... Kind of a modern day Beauty and the Beast

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Oh I see. Crosby was always a 30+ goal guy besides the two seasons he became a shooter. I agree he hasent scored this year at his career norm

and ovechkin isnt an assist guy so whats you point?

ovechkin scores goals
crosby assists goals

the end again

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Interesting what happens when you leave the board for a few months. The phrase "best player of his generation by a long shot" is now back to being Ovechkin's, apparently.

All along I have said wait until all of the top players of this era have retired, then judge.

People on here must have strong legs from jumping on and off bandwagons so frequently.

What the crap is this? Do we really need to post links to all the ludicrous comments you've made about ovie?

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Some of us think that goals are more important than assists, especially secondary assists. NHL just happens to give one point for each but we all know better

It's a good thing the nhl doesn't always feel that way. Crosby is the only player in the league who is easily above a ppg. He's playing at a 90+ point pace

ryan519*

Some of us think that goals are more important than assists, especially secondary assists. NHL just happens to give one point for each but we all know better

Exactly

Ovi 33 goals in his last 40 games, only player to hit 50 yet again in one of the lowest scoring seasons leaguewide, and Crosby has only just recently taken the scoring lead at the very end of the season. But sure, Crosby has had the better season

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
Even now crosby is outscoring him with 5 less games played

Why do people keep equating "points" with scoring? Points is a stat that arbitrarily values assists as equal to goals. It is a flawed assumption, scoring is goals. Everyone seems to assume that points actually measures offensive contribution - they may trend together, but are FAR from the same thing. I don't care who you are rooting for - people make these gradoise statements based on a 5 "point" lead by a player. You have to look at the team situation and stat composition in order to differentiate between such differences.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012

Crosby is leading the league in scoring because of secondary assists. Look at advanced stats. Crosby is not even top-5 in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad