All Ovechkin Talk (Part II): 50 Goals for #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathaniel

Oct 18, 2013
You are wrong. Crosby isn't top 5 in creating goals this season.

Goals Created Per Game
1. Alex Ovechkin-WSH 0.44
2. Tyler Seguin-DAL 0.42
3. Evgeni Malkin-PIT 0.40
4. Patrick Kane-CHI 0.40
5. John Tavares-NYI 0.39

This guy can't be serious lmfao. Yeah I'll look at the art ross race instead lmfa

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Who the F cares? Why are we even discussing Crosby in an Ovechkin thread? Go create a Crosby thread to sing his praises.

cause they cant handle ovechkin scoring 50 for some reason. he has to shove the art ross in again and again.

we all know crosby is great but ovechkin has 50 goals again and people for some reason are upset about it

illpucks

May 26, 2011
This guy can't be serious lmfao. Yeah I'll look at the art ross race instead lmfa

Because you are afraid of advanced stats?

Advanced stats favor Ovechkin....by a lot.

There is actually a category called goals created. And you are 100% wrong at Crosby creating more goals. He isn't even top 5.

The old system will be phased out, enjoy it while you can.

When people look back, they will do so using the advanced stat metrics you are laughing at now.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

yes he is serious, so we continue to throw out info and you continue to say art ross.

crosby has the third most secondary assists- but art ross
ovechkin creates the most goals- but art ross
ovechkin scores 50 goals again- but art ross
ovechkin is above a ppg just like crosby- but art ross

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Who the F cares? Why are we even discussing Crosby in an Ovechkin thread? Go create a Crosby thread to sing his praises.

Exactly. We're appreciating Ovechkin because I'm pretty sure this thread was made to discuss Alexander Ovechkin, not Sidney Crosby. Go ***** about how good Crosby is elsewhere.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010

Didn't you just say something to the tune of "crosby creates more goals" a minute ago? He just proved you wrong with stats, and you bring up the Art Ross race again.

Hypothetically speaking, if Ovechkin were to go on a tear and win the Art Ross as well, what would be your next argument? I'm assuming olympic gold medals?

Caps2Fan

Jan 6, 2014

Came here to post the same thing. It's amazing that people can't just acknowledge an amazing accomplishment by Ovechkin without comparing him to Crosby. How about this, completely forget that Crosby exists for 2 seconds, and focus on the fact that someone in the NHL scored 50 goals this season. If it makes you Crosby-lovers feel better, forget that it was that Ovechkin did it, because we know that everything he does well is an affront to Crosby. Just take a moment to think it's great that SOMEONE did this.

I wonder if Crosby heard that Ovechkin scored 50 goals and thought "So what, I'm still better than him."?

Vladiator16*

I dont understand, what is not clear here... 50/50=50/50... 55/45>45/55... and go on... and thats before you consider physical game one of those players provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->