All Ovechkin Talk (Part II): 50 Goals for #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Yea and people used to value goalie wins, pitcher wins, batting average, plus minus, etc etc. Things change. Basing your argument on because it's always been isn't a good foundation. Use a little common sense and remove the bias and try to tell us with a straight face Crosby has been statistically better.

I think what matters is which player is more offensively effective, rather than what's more prestigious.

Some people just need to accept that Ovechkin has outplayed Crosby this year.

Vladiator16*

Oh good thing he's still actually leading the points race.

Seriously, who gives a ****?!!!! OV just hit 50 GOALS, again... and you're still pumping Crosbys tires like he matters. This season, he is nowhere near what OV (and couple of others) is, even with more points, and you absolutely know it.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
The art ross has been handed out since 1948. The nhl has been operating with the point system for over 90 years. It is what it is and the art ross will always have more prestige than the Richard

MLB has been recognizing the highest BA every year for who knows how long - does that mean it's really the best way to measure the best hitter?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
note, i am only talking about this year. im not gonna talk about previous years. its this year only

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
if ovechkin was allowed out when the other team had an empty net, this would probably be over as well

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Yeah but who wins the Art Ross Trophy is not the same as who has had the best statistical season which is what you seemed to be implying.

The art ross is a statically trophy is what I'm saying. The winner statistically had the best season. Now a lot of that depends on other factors but its based on statistics

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
The art ross is a statically trophy is what I'm saying. The winner statistically had the best season. Now a lot of that depends on other factors but its based on statistics

yes but it doesnt mean who was the best forward is what we all are saying

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
yes but it doesnt mean who was the best forward is what we all are saying

A forwards main job is to score correct? The scoring title in hockey has always been the art ross. Therefore the winner of the art ross scored the most points. Created the most goals. That's a forwards job to create goals.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

The Art Ross Trophy winner had the most Goals + Primary Assists + Secondary Assists. I don't agree that = "statistically had the best season."

I'll take Ovechkin's 50 goals, 20 1st Assists, 6 2nd Assists over Crosby's 25 goals, 29 1st Assists, 26 2nd Assists... statistically.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
A forwards main job is to score correct? The scoring title in hockey has always been the art ross. Therefore the winner of the art ross scored the most points. Created the most goals. That's a forwards job to create goals.

so we are gonna penalize ovechkin who scored 50 goals because he didnt pass enough?

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
so we are gonna penalize ovechkin who scored 50 goals because he didnt pass enough?

No. He as of right now has not created as many goals as crosby. Ovechkin has just as much of an oppurtunity to put up assists as crosby he just plays a different style. Crosby is a creator while ovechkin is a finisher

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
No. He as of right now has not created as many goals as crosby. Ovechkin has just as much of an oppurtunity to put up assists as crosby he just plays a different style. Crosby is a creator while ovechkin is a finisher

so then why does the art ross matter so much? if they are two different players, doing what they are supposed to do how can a trophy really define who is better?

ovechkin is not supposed to pass. the entire offense is based off him receiving the puck and scoring. his job is not to pass, its to shoot

trader997

Oct 17, 2008
Montreal
Funny thing is Crosby has coasted all year and still has more points than everyone else. Where is Ovechkin when he has a bad year?? He's been a ppg player since the 2010 Olympics... face it folks he's an average player with the best shot in the game, but that's it. At least he's not a liability this year in his own zone.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
The Art Ross Trophy winner had the most Goals + Primary Assists + Secondary Assists. I don't agree that = "statistically had the best season."

I'll take Ovechkin's 50 goals, 20 1st Assists, 6 2nd Assists over Crosby's 25 goals, 29 1st Assists, 26 2nd Assists... statistically.

Too much logic.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Funny thing is Crosby has coasted all year and still has more points than everyone else. Where is Ovechkin when he has a bad year?? He's been a ppg player since the 2010 Olympics... face it folks he's an average player with the best shot in the game, but that's it. At least he's not a liability this year in his own zone.

funny thing is, we dont know if crosby coasted so thats a completely unable to be proven statement.

maybe ovechkin coasted and crosby played hard?

see no one knows

illpucks

May 26, 2011
No. He as of right now has not created as many goals as crosby.

You are wrong. Crosby isn't top 5 in creating goals this season. Ovechkin is #1.

Goals Created Per Game
1. Alex Ovechkin-WSH 0.44
2. Tyler Seguin-DAL 0.42
3. Evgeni Malkin-PIT 0.40
4. Patrick Kane-CHI 0.40
5. John Tavares-NYI 0.39

CAPS LOCK

Aug 10, 2005
Who the F cares? Why are we even discussing Crosby in an Ovechkin thread? Go create a Crosby thread to sing his praises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad