All Ovechkin Talk (Part II): 50 Goals for #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Ovy is the most dominant goal scorer since Mike Bossy ( I know Gretz has the records but Bossy imo was one of if not the best pure goal scorer in the last half century )

Ovy is going to get 800 goals when it's all said and done. What I want to see is if he can end up with 895.

Gretzky was a playmaker first anyway so yea your claim wouldn't be incorrect.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
So ****ing underrated. Best goalscorer by far of this era. It's amazing to see him score 50 goals in a low scoring year.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If Ovechkin was goal-less before Jan 1st, he'd be tied with Perry for 9th in goals.

And people say Crosby is the best player of this generation, no competition :laugh:

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Is there any doubt Ovechkin holding the all-time goals record would be more impressive than Gretzky?

Oh absolutely it would. He's played in an era of depressed scoring and has had an uneven cast around him at times, and differing coaching styles to struggle through.

Best drafted player in Caps history? Maybe Scott Stevens?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
We're all getting to watch one of the alltime greats. When it's all said and done, I think it'll be Ovechkin, Bossy and Gretzky then the rest for goal scoring. Need that Cup now.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Interesting what happens when you leave the board for a few months. The phrase "best player of his generation by a long shot" is now back to being Ovechkin's, apparently.

All along I have said wait until all of the top players of this era have retired, then judge.

People on here must have strong legs from jumping on and off bandwagons so frequently.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Always loved OV... never bought into the Sid VS Ovi, just appreciated both talents.

I do think Sid is the best hockey player in the world, however AO is the best goal scorer of this generation. Probably best since Bossy (someone else said that too, funny I been saying it for last year or so myself too)

He deserves Hart this year.

OV is a pure beast and you have to respect the skills.

It's crazy but he should crack 750, and he could even crack 801+.... not sure about 895.

revolverjgw

Oct 6, 2003
Nova Scotia
[NHL][/NHL]
We're all getting to watch one of the alltime greats. When it's all said and done, I think it'll be Ovechkin, Bossy and Gretzky then the rest for goal scoring. Need that Cup now.

I'd say Bobby Hull's easily above Bossy. Gretzky, Lemieux, Hull is the big 3... I don't know if Ovechkin can match Hull but he's ahead of Bossy now.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
"Better question, will Crosby finish with more assists than Ovechkin has points this year?"

Gold.

Apparently Ovechkin has 23 first period goals alone, which is almost as many as that other guy has the entire season.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
[NHL][/NHL]

I'd say Bobby Hull's easily above Bossy. Gretzky, Lemieux, Hull is the big 3... I don't know if Ovechkin can match Hull but he's ahead of Bossy now.

Take a look at the top 50 adjusted goal seasons, OV already has more than any other player...at 29...

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
The reason all this Sid v. Ovi stuff starts is because the Ovechkin fans feel insecure and need to say how "Ovechkin is claiming the title as best of this generation". Can you clowns just realize that Ovechkin is the better goal scorer and Crosby is the better hockey player? I mean that is essentially universally accepted yet people still try to argue it.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
The reason all this Sid v. Ovi stuff starts is because the Ovechkin fans feel insecure and need to say how "Ovechkin is claiming the title as best of this generation". Can you clowns just realize that Ovechkin is the better goal scorer and Crosby is the better hockey player? I mean that is essentially universally accepted yet people still try to argue it.

and then the pens fans must also be insecure because they always have to come back and say crosby could have had a 100 points a certain year, ovechkin rob crosby of an mvp. it works both ways man

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
and then the pens fans must also be insecure because they always have to come back and say crosby could have had a 100 points a certain year, ovechkin rob crosby of an mvp. it works both ways man

Of course it works both ways, except I am discussing what is universally accepted in the hockey world. Others are discussing hypotheticals.

Just about any expert and unbiased fan knows it to be true. Just appreciate both players for crying out loud.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland

I can't but what do I know, I'm just a clown.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011

It will never happen. People will argue over anything.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Of course it works both ways, except I am discussing what is universally accepted in the hockey world. Others are discussing hypotheticals.

Just about any expert and unbiased fan knows it to be true. Just appreciate both players for crying out loud.

i agree completely but even you have to know it will never happen with both ovechkin and crosby fans agreeing on one player. so there is really no point trying to convince them otherwise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad