OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2019-20 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I’ve almost stopped watching b-ball and even football because of more time with hockey... but I’m devastated. Deep sorrow.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
SF really screwed themselves over in the first half. Why would you not call a TO with 1:40+ left on the clock? You would have gotten the ball back with more than 1:30 left in the half, and two timeouts remaining. They were controlling the game for the most part, regardless of the score, and would have been in a much better position to score at least a FG.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Well I told my party all night that I wasn't worried, chiefs were going to win. Even as the game was going on in the 4th quarter. You just can't stop the Chiefs. The only way to stop them is to not have Mahommes playing. Won a lot of bets last night!

Feels like I am nearing the Pinnacle of my sports mountain right now: Raptors just won, now Chiefs, hopefully soon Panthers here. Blue Jays are a bit behind schedule. :win:

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Tough loss @ThePatientPanther, thought the 49ers were going to win it once up ten.

Burns to know we had a 96% win probability with 7 mins to go in the game.
I thought Jimmy G was the better QB for 75% of the game but Mahomes had the more important 25%.
Shannahan had some questionable decisions before half and late in the game but for me and @Ghoste , we were happy with a winning year with some playoffs, no way we thought we'd be in the Bowl this year, was a fun journey.
Happy for the Chiefs and @PantherboyHTR after a long 50 year drought but this 49ers team ain't going away anytime soon.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I thought Jimmy G was the better QB for 75% of the game but Mahomes had the more important 25%.
Shannahan had some questionable decisions before half and late in the game but for me and @Ghoste , we were happy with a winning year with some playoffs, no way we thought we'd be in the Bowl this year, was a fun journey.
Happy for the Chiefs and @PantherboyHTR after a long 50 year drought but this 49ers team ain't going away anytime soon.

Shanahan can't coach scared. At the end of the second half, not calling a timeout was questionable. It's a bad look to have your GM up in the Box calling timeout, and you don't on field.

No doubt Niners will be back. I'm ready to book a rematch next year if it works with you guys.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

They are built well on both sides so yea I can see them having a 2-4 year window where they can be in the NFCC+.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
They are built well on both sides so yea I can see them having a 2-4 year window where they can be in the NFCC+.

Deebo is a beast. Really loved that pick and he fits in with Kittle and Juice as the heavy hitters/sandpaper on offense. Bourne also had a decent year along with emergence of Mostert.
Need to continue to add more depth through draft and JG needs to limit those INTs while taking another step forward in development, knew he was gonna throw at least one last night.
The defense should be top 5 again next year.
Happy with with the year for sure.

Reactions: Frisky Dingo

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Shanahan can't coach scared. At the end of the second half, not calling a timeout was questionable. It's a bad look to have your GM up in the Box calling timeout, and you don't on field.

No doubt Niners will be back. I'm ready to book a rematch next year if it works with you guys.

Ya the coaching inexperience was exposed with Shanahan, he was being too cautious whereas Reid was going for 4th downs early on. I fear we may lose Saleh, the DC this year but I like Kyle a lot for this team.
21 years vs 3 years is a big difference.

Find it funny the media pundits are trying to blame Shanahan for the ATL collapse against NE or being a 4th quarter choker, he was the OC, not the HC or DC. Feel he did his job in that game by scoring 28pts.
He will learn from this and grow with the team and definitely down to run it back next year if we're both lucky enough.
Again, Congrats man, Coach Reid deserved that win. Must be a damn good feeling to have two championships in such a short time-span as a fan of TOR and KC.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Nobody I've talked to knows why there were no timeout calls at the end of the first half by Shanahan. If it doesn't make sense to anybody then I have to think mistakes were made. If the Niners won it wouldn't make a difference but they didn't.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Ya the coaching inexperience was exposed with Shanahan, he was being too cautious whereas Reid was going for 4th downs early on. I fear we may lose Saleh, the DC this year but I like Kyle a lot for this team.
21 years vs 3 years is a big difference.

Find it funny the media pundits are trying to blame Shanahan for the ATL collapse against NE or being a 4th quarter choker, he was the OC, not the HC or DC. Feel he did his job in that game by scoring 28pts.
He will learn from this and grow with the team and definitely down to run it back next year if we're both lucky enough.
Again, Congrats man, Coach Reid deserved that win. Must be a damn good feeling to have two championships in such a short time-span as a fan of TOR and KC.
I thought about going to the Leafs game tonight in my white Mahomes Jersey and Panthers hat. Definitely would be on TV.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Nobody I've talked to knows why there were no timeout calls at the end of the first half by Shanahan. If it doesn't make sense to anybody then I have to think mistakes were made. If the Niners won it wouldn't make a difference but they didn't.
Kyle is too conservative for his own good most times. But even without calling a timeout before the punt, that pass to Kittle would have had some shots at some points after that if it held up.

-ghoste

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Kyle is too conservative for his own good most times. But even without calling a timeout before the punt, that pass to Kittle would have had some shots at some points after that if it held up.

-ghoste
I just found it strange that he took the brain route on a no brainer choice. Good time left to try to put some points on the board before getting the ball back in the second half. Lynch was even seen staying "Time Out" in his box. Just very strange. There were some strange things throughout the game that made me think the fix was in. Kelce juking to a stop at the first down marker instead if falling forward for the first down was also strange. I guess pressure could be the culprit but it just seemed like a mindless thing to do for his caliber of player.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I just found it strange that he took the brain route on a no brainer choice. Good time left to try to put some points on the board before getting the ball back in the second half. Lynch was even seen staying "Time Out" in his box. Just very strange. There were some strange things throughout the game that made me think the fix was in. Kelce juking to a stop at the first down marker instead if falling forward for the first down was also strange. I guess pressure could be the culprit but it just seemed like a mindless thing to do for his caliber of player.

You want to talk conspiracy theories?
Check out Mahomes rushing yards stat. I think he finished with like 28 yards rushing. Over / under was something like 30.
He was over, until the last play, where he ran back about 5 yards to kill more clock and take a knee. Only problem was that a loss of yards rushing, so therefore he finished an under.
If I had big money on that prop, I would be insanely upset! :banghead:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rahooji

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Raptors winning streak at twelve. :thumbu:

They had to come back big for this win. Down what, 19 at one point?
The depth on the team has been awesome. Every night someone else steps up but Lowry had a vintage night.

Indy already passing Philly's build?
The Heat cool off a bit? They just traded for Iggy and might make a move for Gallinari?

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
They had to come back big for this win. Down what, 19 at one point?
The depth on the team has been awesome. Every night someone else steps up but Lowry had a vintage night.

Indy already passing Philly's build?
The Heat cool off a bit? They just traded for Iggy and might make a move for Gallinari?
The heat go as their shooting goes this year. Adding another in Galli couldn't hurt. Johnson and Waiters aren't playing tonight so i'd guess they are involved? I'm thrilled to death to get Iggy! His defense is going to help this team a ton.

Last edited:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Good moves by the heat at the tdl. Picked up a great vet and shed salary. Ther're going for Glannis Y'all!

Bummed about Gallo or not getting another big, but curious to see how they do during the buyout phase.

Reactions: Rahooji

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
13 in a row for the Dinos @Rahooji
Depth for days, honestly shocked :laugh:
Did not expect to be a top 3 team with 30ish games to go.
Would have been happy with top 10 team

Bucks lead league with 18 gamer, Raptors 2nd now with those 13, if they get to 19, MIL is that game/win

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad