OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2019-20 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Cowboys still suck.

Miami Heat look pretty good.

Georgia Tech FB is a tire dumpster oil rig in the Gulf that is owned by BP. Basically, a huge mess with no end in sight.

There's my teams recount.

Oh and the Dolphins are showing some heart. Hopefully this fight continues into following years and isn't some curse to mess up the "tank".

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Cowboys still suck.

Miami Heat look pretty good.

Georgia Tech FB is a tire dumpster oil rig in the Gulf that is owned by BP. Basically, a huge mess with no end in sight.

There's my teams recount.

Oh and the Dolphins are showing some heart. Hopefully this fight continues into following years and isn't some curse to mess up the "tank".

Dare I say that they are a Ramblin' Wreck? Ah! Cha Cha Cha!

Reactions: Frisky Dingo

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I feel like I'm going to run into another Sports dilemma again today. The Panthers play at 5, but my Chiefs are looking to take a notch out of the Patriots at 4:30 today.

I'm probably going to record the Panthers game and watch it tomorrow, and watch the Chiefs win big live!

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@Ghoste , ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!

What a game man.......what a game! Back and forth all day.
JG's best game of his career no? He looked like a top 5 QB today.
These past 3 games have given him more confidence and experience.
That 4th and 2 by JG and Kittle? GK had at least what, 20 YAC on that play?

Samuel, Mostert, Breida, Kittle all did their part.
Also, Bourne scores some clutch red zone TD's
The FB option play by Juice to Saunders to Mostert?
Defense were better in the 2nd half
That would be a fun rematch in the playoffs but maybe we get home field advantage now?
Need to win that SEA game but we should finish 13-3 at worst.

Your thoughts?

Reactions: Ghoste

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
@Ghoste , ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!

What a game man.......what a game! Back and forth all day.
JG's best game of his career no? He looked like a top 5 QB today.
These past 3 games have given him more confidence and experience.
That 4th and 2 by JG and Kittle? GK had at least what, 20 YAC on that play?

Samuel, Mostert, Breida, Kittle all did their part.
Also, Bourne scores some clutch red zone TD's
The FB option play by Juice to Saunders to Mostert?
Defense were better in the 2nd half
That would be a fun rematch in the playoffs but maybe we get home field advantage now?
Need to win that SEA game but we should finish 13-3 at worst.

Your thoughts?
Wow, what a game. One of those rare games where the offensive picked up the defense. Jimmy was really good today and even the pick was a drop/tip. Kittle is a beast, it's like trying to hold onto a bucking bronco. Props to NO, I thought we'd come out with a dub this week but not as close as that. What a slugfest.

-ghoste

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I'm amazed at these contracts in general. I know sports is a business where everyone gets paid from owners to players, but it's quite nuts seeing guys getting powerball winning contracts nowadays.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I hope Luka is okay. He's such a great player. I was really looking forward to the game tonight to see him play. I was expecting the loss. It's a win without satisfaction.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Good sports day huh @ThePatientPanther !?

-ghoste

Got that double W!

A little worried about the defense the last couple weeks. Combo of injuries and teams figuring us out?
Didn't know what JG was doing on the Ramsey INT, he made a couple bad throws last night but LA was blitzing a lot
When it was 21-10 LA mid way through 2nd QTR I was a bit iffy on us coming back but then Kittle turned it on and Warner with the timely INT got us back on track before half.

Really love the depth on offense, each week someone else makes some clutch plays. Mostert has stepped up big lately but Bourne, Samuel, Saunders, Juice, GK etc all have their moments here and there throughout each game.
JG redeemed himself on those two 3rd and 16's with the game on the line though.
Defense saved our bacon the first 8 games and now it seems the offense is saving the defense.
Love to knock the Rams out of it, especially after they traded high end picks for Ramsey.

Kittle should be in the MVP mix, I know Jackson will win it but GK is my MVP all year long
We make games exciting for sure, tons of nail biters which is fun
Your thoughts on this game and next week? Can we beat SEA to take the division?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghoste

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Got that double W!

A little worried about the defense the last couple weeks. Combo of injuries and teams figuring us out?
Didn't know what JG was doing on the Ramsey INT, he made a couple bad throws last night but LA was blitzing a lot
When it was 21-10 LA mid way through 2nd QTR I was a bit iffy on us coming back but then Kittle turned it on and Warner with the timely INT got us back on track before half.

Really love the depth on offense, each week someone else makes some clutch plays. Mostert has stepped up big lately but Bourne, Samuel, Saunders, Juice, GK etc all have their moments here and there throughout each game.
JG redeemed himself on those two 3rd and 16's with the game on the line though.
Defense saved our bacon the first 8 games and now it seems the offense is saving the defense.
Love to knock the Rams out of it, especially after they traded high end picks for Ramsey.

Kittle should be in the MVP mix, I know Jackson will win it but GK is my MVP all year long
We make games exciting for sure, tons of nail biters which is fun
Your thoughts on this game and next week? Can we beat SEA to take the division?
Yeah, some throws Jimmy G throws makes you shake your head. We didn't look great these last few games but hopefully we can get our mojo back. It'd be so dope if we could beat Seattle, in Seattle to win the division and lock up the first round bye. We need that bye. But Russ always gives us fits and the way we've been playing hasn't been our A game. Spoon got merked last night and our pass rush isn't the same without Ford.

-ghoste

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I know you're watching this Dinosaur size comeback @Pumaconcolorcoryi :neener:
How long is Luka out?
We hurting too.

Probably till Thursday.

Im not really taking of these games without him as any barometer. Im seeing it as team building. Clearly no one outside him knows how to dribble against pressure :laugh:. Our midgets were too small to see over the pressure. Horribly missed Luka's 6'8 stature

At least he will be back against the Lakers on the 29th.

They almost blew a 15 point lead against the Bucks with a minute left so yeah. Im not surprised the blew this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->