OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2019-20 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah. 24 10 and 8 yesterday. He looked hella rusty though. Also, no stepback 3's, which tell me he isnt 100%

Hopefully they arent pulling a Florida and rushing him

Good to shake the rust Thursday and Saturday, you guys got LAL on Sunday on b2b.
Will probably watch some of that game. Thoughts on LAL so far, they for real?
You see a top 4 finish in the West for DAL? Not an easy task but possibly edge out HOU?
DEN is legit, was high on them last year and seems like they've improved.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Burrow with seven touchdowns so far in this game today. It's gonna suck to miss out on that guy in Miami. He's gonna take the Bengals places.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Good to shake the rust Thursday and Saturday, you guys got LAL on Sunday on b2b.
Will probably watch some of that game. Thoughts on LAL so far, they for real?
You see a top 4 finish in the West for DAL? Not an easy task but possibly edge out HOU?
DEN is legit, was high on them last year and seems like they've improved.

Gotta take care of those Warriors first. They've been playing very tough lately.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Luca dropped his 9th TD on them faded GSW

He is looking to be healthy again.

Hopefully he is good today against the Lakers.

He has been very very rough on the 2nd night of a b2b. Good thing he only played 2 and a half quarters.

I wanna wait till the ASG to make my formal assessments.

To me, Dallas needs a perimeter defender and probably another person that can get their own shots. Jrue Holiday for example.

As is, having a historically great offense could get them to the 2nd round. The problem with the team though is it's offense or bust.

I was never high on Porzingis. I still havent seen anything to change my mind. I think he is an elite 3rd best player on a team or A mid to low tier 2nd option.

If we can push him down to 3rd option, or when, that is the time this team competes for a Chip. But who knows. When you have the best player on the court, you always have a shot.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
He is looking to be healthy again.

Hopefully he is good today against the Lakers.

He has been very very rough on the 2nd night of a b2b. Good thing he only played 2 and a half quarters.

I wanna wait till the ASG to make my formal assessments.

To me, Dallas needs a perimeter defender and probably another person that can get their own shots. Jrue Holiday for example.

As is, having a historically great offense could get them to the 2nd round. The problem with the team though is it's offense or bust.

I was never high on Porzingis. I still havent seen anything to change my mind. I think he is an elite 3rd best player on a team or A mid to low tier 2nd option.

If we can push him down to 3rd option, or when, that is the time this team competes for a Chip. But who knows. When you have the best player on the court, you always have a shot.

Jrue would be a good option.

What about Danilo Gallanari (F)?
Would depend on OKCs playoff dreams as they're hanging onto a spot right now but I did read his stats as some sites have him going to the Raptors since Gasol hasnt had a great year.

31, UFA end of this year. He isnt a shot creator but decent all around numbers from 3 or charity stripe. Screenshot_20191229-094240_theScore.jpg

Injuries are a concern but him being a UFA has no long term commitment. Maybe go with a medium cost buy to see how far you can go this year and chase a bigger name when the time is right?

One article I read said you guys should chase Chris Paul?!? That one doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Jrue would be a good option.

What about Danilo Gallanari (F)?
Would depend on OKCs playoff dreams as they're hanging onto a spot right now but I did read his stats as some sites have him going to the Raptors since Gasol hasnt had a great year.

31, UFA end of this year. He isnt a shot creator but decent all around numbers from 3 or charity stripe. View attachment 299351

Injuries are a concern but him being a UFA has no long term commitment. Maybe go with a medium cost buy to see how far you can go this year and chase a bigger name when the time is right?

One article I read said you guys should chase Chris Paul?!? That one doesn't make sense to me.
Gasol literally had 2 weeks off in the last year. Deserves a pass, for now.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Gasol literally had 2 weeks off in the last year. Deserves a pass, for now.

For sure. Would be surprised if his numbers don't turn around. Just open to the idea of adding a UFA depth piece so we can rest some guys more down the stretch. Hopefully we keep our 1st in case we do get bounced early.

This year we should just add depth (rebounding/more defense) if need be, chase a deep run but then set up for a middling year next year while setting up to chase Giannis in free agency.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
For sure. Would be surprised if his numbers don't turn around. Just open to the idea of adding a UFA depth piece so we can rest some guys more down the stretch. Hopefully we keep our 1st in case we do get bounced early.

This year we should just add depth (rebounding/more defense) if need be, chase a deep run but then set up for a middling year next year while setting up to chase Giannis in free agency.
Unless Masai thinks he can get a game changer there is no way he should be even thinking about moving our picks.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@Ghoste , holy shit, we did it man! Another double W night but the #1 NFC seed feels even sweeter beating SEA at home.
So impressed with JG, Mostert and Samuel tonight.
These last 4-5 weeks have mostly been playoff game atmosphere, we battle ready now.

Shanny gotta be coach of the year if we go deep no?

Reactions: Ghoste and Rahooji

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Welcome to Miami, Tua. My guess was that they would go with Thomas with their first rounder, but if Tua is there, I think they take him. Fitz is going to be back, so he will be able to rehab and take his time to get ready for his eventual NFL debut.

Reactions: Rahooji
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad