OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2019-20 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
O’Brien is a moron. They don’t go for it on 4th and a foot, settling for a FG to go up 24-0, but he goes for a fake punt in his own side of the field. They should have doubled both Hill and Kelce, and let the rest of the skill players beat them. Terrible game plan defensively.

I heard it today, you don't beat Kansas City by kicking field goals.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I mean the Houston punishment is crazy, but well deserved. I hope MLB follows it up with something for the Red Sox, as cheating in baseball, sign stealing in particular, is so wrong.

Just about as wrong as what I heard today that my Blue Jays are bringing back their powder blue jerseys. :shakehead

Just saw the home and road splits of the 2017 world champion Houston Astros, when they were accused of sign stealing. Oh boy, is there a difference there!

Not sure how the baseball can punish people for gambling or doing steroids, but let this this Championship stand. It's a disgrace really.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Just about as wrong as what I heard today that my Blue Jays are bringing back their powder blue jerseys. :shakehead

Don't know man, these are pretty sweet with the black lid imo.
Throwback with some added black to the numbers/name plate.
Think they wanted to give the new budding core their own branding and homage to the 92-93 Champs.
Either way, absolutely pumped for these next 4-5 years. Don't see why we can't chase a WC spot this year.

On another topic, hope you can beat TEN and we (@Ghoste ) will meet you in the SB.

Reactions: Ghoste

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Don't know man, these are pretty sweet with the black lid imo.
Throwback with some added black to the numbers/name plate.
Think they wanted to give the new budding core their own branding and homage to the 92-93 Champs.
Either way, absolutely pumped for these next 4-5 years. Don't see why we can't chase a WC spot this year.

On another topic, hope you can beat TEN and we (@Ghoste ) will meet you in the SB.

No, I will admit, they don't look half bad. For some reason I had in my head the 07? Powder blues that they tried to bring back, and I hated those! I actually like these better than the pure Royal blues that they wore. I never liked those as much, possibly just because the colour didn't look good on me. I really enjoyed the White, and the greys weren't bad either. Hopefully they don't take the greys out of rotation now. My favourite blue jay Jersey I owned is a grey Brett Cecil #27. He is my all-time favourite blue jay, mostly because we're Birthday Twins to the exact same day, same year (so you can figure out exactly how old I am.)

As for tomorrow, I'm obviously biased, but I see Tennessee getting destroyed, even worse than Houston.
As for the Niners, I feel the NFL is going to do everything in their power to have a rematch of Super Bowl I, Chiefs versus Packers, in their 100th year. I do feel though that the Niners are the better team, so I'm torn right now on who to bet. But a Niners Chiefs Super Bowl would be very entertaining.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
No, I will admit, they don't look half bad. For some reason I had in my head the 07? Powder blues that they tried to bring back, and I hated those! I actually like these better than the pure Royal blues that they wore. I never liked those as much, possibly just because the colour didn't look good on me. I really enjoyed the White, and the greys weren't bad either. Hopefully they don't take the greys out of rotation now. My favourite blue jay Jersey I owned is a grey Brett Cecil #27. He is my all-time favourite blue jay, mostly because we're Birthday Twins to the exact same day, same year (so you can figure out exactly how old I am.)

As for tomorrow, I'm obviously biased, but I see Tennessee getting destroyed, even worse than Houston.
As for the Niners, I feel the NFL is going to do everything in their power to have a rematch of Super Bowl I, Chiefs versus Packers, in their 100th year. I do feel though that the Niners are the better team, so I'm torn right now on who to bet. But a Niners Chiefs Super Bowl would be very entertaining.

These new powder blues are the alternate so may only see them maybe 15-20 games in the year. I probably wouldn't like it as much without the black lid or numbers/pipings/name.

Good call. My sports conspiracy brain knows they want that 100th year rematch. Titans go as far as Henry and Tannehill take them. Can they keep up with the Mahomes point machine, think the dark horse glory story will be snuffed out.

Just feel the Pack will need Rodgers to have a career/legacy defining type game. He is definitely capable even at his age but I dont think people realize how suffocating our defense is play after play. Curious how it plays out for both games. Still believe it'll be KC vs SF though, two young teams will put on a show. Once Brady and Brees went out, its the young man's game now. Rodgers will be the 3rd old man out :D

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I was really confident about winning against Minnesota & Green Bay. But I'm not really confident in beating the offensive juggernaut Kansas City has. Feels like we'll need to play the best game ever and Mahomes has to suck to win. But here's hoping. Good luck bud!

-ghoste
Funny, I felt very confident as well the last two games, but I'm getting bad vibes about the Super Bowl matchup already. The Chiefs can't be giving up these early spots to the opposition against the Niners. I feel like that's a team that would be very hard to come back against.

All in all, I think it's going to be a Great Super Bowl. Best of luck.

Reactions: Ghoste

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@Frisky Dingo , had nowhere else to put this but boy did I laugh longer than I should have and thought of your avatar

FB_IMG_1579535267202.jpg

Reactions: Frisky Dingo

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just realized, happy Martin Luther King jr. Day everyone!
That means Raptors at 2:30, Pistons at 2, and Red Wings at 3.

Chiefs went to the Super Bowl yesterday, and party continues on today. Got to love it!

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
One of his daughters confirmed was with him.

So ****ing devastating. As someone who is about to become a dad...that makes me hurt.

Yeah some ass**** on ABC said all of his daughters were on the aircraft. It sounded like he misspoken, but still, it was just terrible because that info took off afterwards. So unfortunate.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
One of his daughters confirmed was with him.

So ****ing devastating. As someone who is about to become a dad...that makes me hurt.

Remember watching the 81 pt game live and watching the Lakers tear it up through my teen/early 20's years.
We're so blessed and lucky to have seen Jordan, Bryant and James in our lifetime.

This commercial always makes me laugh :D
What a legendary man and player!

Also, Congrats on becoming a father!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Players in the Raptors - San Antonio game right now totally look like their heads are elsewhere.

I heard in the Houston - Denver game players are crying on the bench.

Games should be cancelled today. Lakers found on on their flight home from Philly. Madison Square Garden changed the lights outside to the purple and gold. Neymar thre gestured the number 24 after scoring tonight. The NBA is a North American league, but it’s a worldwide sport. This has devastated the whole world.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad