OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2019-20 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So pumped for the Raptors run this year and the Blue Jays are gonna be fun to watch.
Wildcard is possible but will need consistent pitching.
Pearson is coming soon, maybe in August is what the media heads are saying? 100+ mph with ease!!
If they manage Ryu and Roarke can be above average, we have some decent depth 3,4,5 guys but the bullpen is still iffy but filled with potential.

Love to hear Bo is gonna lead off.
They just signed Vladdy's 26 year old cousin Gabriel as well, who was considered one of the top prospects across baseball in the minors last year.
Vlad had 15 HR's 464 AB's, is it crazy to expect him to hit 25 or more this year? Curious how much weight he did cut in off-season.
In another year or two, they should be a playoff team for the next 5-6 years if they can all hit even 75 to 80% of their potential.

I totally expect them to be competitive this year. Easy to say, as there's nowhere to go but up from last season.

I actually saw that Gabriel guy have a plate appearance last game. Ended up fouling off a bunch of tough pitches before taking a walk. Not only did he look like Vlad, but he looked good at the plate as well.

I'm excited for Shaw. I think he will have a good season, surprising to most fans. His Lefty bat should play in the American League East.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just watched Vlady Jr hit a homerun that probably left Pittsburgh spring training park in 1.5 seconds. Guy is an absolute animal!

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
You know what was not Sports depressing yesterday? I got to see on TV Pearson pitch for the Blue Jays. Guy just chooses domination!

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Dion Waiters is signing with the Lakers. It looks like all the trouble he went through to get out of Miami is gonna pay off with a shot at a ring. Easy pickup for them. He can play if he buys in.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Just heard that the NBA pulled the Jazz and Thunder off the court just before rip-off even though the fans were in the arena.

All NBA games will be played in an empty arena.

Drieger just said tomorrow is going to be a big day for the NHL to make a decision.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
MLB cancelled spring training, and delayed opening day by at least two weeks. Yet they continued on with today's grapefruit Florida spring training games. Not sure why, but I love it! Probably the last sport I will see in at least two weeks time. Soaking it all in.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
MLB cancelled spring training, and delayed opening day by at least two weeks. Yet they continued on with today's grapefruit Florida spring training games. Not sure why, but I love it! Probably the last sport I will see in at least two weeks time. Soaking it all in.

Okay, starting to set in now. I'm listening to the last spring training game on the radio right now, Phillies at Rays. Heading into the bottom of the ninth.

Somewhat at a loss of words. Sports are an escape for me. Doesn't matter with what's going on in the day, you can always put on a sports game and Escape for a couple hours into that world.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I’m very happy to read that the Dolphins are buying into Herbert at QB. That’s the guy I wanted therm to go after. No disrespect to Tua at all. I’m just not into an injury prone lefty being the new face of the franchise. I certainly wouldn’t trade up to get him!

That's all talk IMO. It’s been Tua for them since last year, I doubt they take Herbert before him, unless someone trades ahead of them to get Tua. Herbert has everything you want in a QB, I just see him having “it.” If Tua is gone by the time we pick, I’d hope we go after Simmons.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Texans trade Hopkins for David Johnson, a second and swap of 4th rounders.

Ravens trade their 3rd string TE, Hayden Hurst and a 4th for a 2nd and a 5th rounder.

LOL

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@TheImpatientPanther
Wow, traded DeFo for the 13th overall pick. Signed AA also.

-ghoste

:laugh: Was gonna message you about it. I'm in self quarantine from work for 2 weeks with pay.
Now have 13th and 31st overall.
Curious if we trade the 31st + another pick to move up or trade 31st to move down for two picks?
Buckner leaves a big hole but confident Lynch can work some magic here.

Reactions: Ghoste

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
@TheImpatientPanther
Wow, traded DeFo for the 13th overall pick. Signed AA also.

-ghoste

:laugh: Was gonna message you about it. I'm in self quarantine from work for 2 weeks with pay.
Now have 13th and 31st overall.
Curious if we trade the 31st + another pick to move up or trade 31st to move down for two picks?
Buckner leaves a big hole but confident Lynch can work some magic here.

I really hope KC takes Taylor with the 32nd pick. As a Wisco fan, this would be dream scenario for myself.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I really hope KC takes Taylor with the 32nd pick. As a Wisco fan, this would be dream scenario for myself.
I like him too. I would like to see him in Miami. I read that the Dolphins like Dobbins but who knows with all of the smoke & mirrors this time of year.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Love what the Fins have done so far. Van Noy and Jones are two massive gets. They also upgraded the guard spot, and added a young, talented lineman that can rotate in and give us some backfield pressure. We need to add another Olineman, and win the first round of the draft, and we might compete for the division next season.

Reactions: Rahooji

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Love what the Fins have done so far. Van Noy and Jones are two massive gets. They also upgraded the guard spot, and added a young, talented lineman that can rotate in and give us some backfield pressure. We need to add another Olineman, and win the first round of the draft, and we might compete for the division next season.

Brady soon :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad