OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2019-20 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Jrue would be a good option.

What about Danilo Gallanari (F)?
Would depend on OKCs playoff dreams as they're hanging onto a spot right now but I did read his stats as some sites have him going to the Raptors since Gasol hasnt had a great year.

31, UFA end of this year. He isnt a shot creator but decent all around numbers from 3 or charity stripe. View attachment 299351

Injuries are a concern but him being a UFA has no long term commitment. Maybe go with a medium cost buy to see how far you can go this year and chase a bigger name when the time is right?

One article I read said you guys should chase Chris Paul?!? That one doesn't make sense to me.

I actually wouldnt mind Chris Paul.

I proposed this BEFORE the season started. Courtney Lee and Hardaway JR would match his salary for this year. Not next year. NBA goes by current year salary and not AAV.

But anyway, I wouldnt mind him as we badly need another ball handler. Luka is handling it upwards of 90% a game when he is in. No one else is capable of generating their own shot consistently.

Would be nice to have a primary handler all of the game (one rests the other plays)

However, more importantly we need a defender. So I still prefer Jrue.

Im just glad the Blake Griffin rumors are dead

Also another name out there is Bogdan Bogdanovic. I'd be ok with that too.

Also, f*** no to Drummond. A big f*** no.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

I proposed this BEFORE the season started. Courtney Lee and Hardaway JR would match his salary for this year. Not next year. NBA goes by current year salary and not AAV.

But anyway, I wouldnt mind him as we badly need another ball handler. Luka is handling it upwards of 90% a game when he is in. No one else is capable of generating their own shot consistently.

Would be nice to have a primary handler all of the game (one rests the other plays)

Also, **** no to Drummond. A big **** no.
Andre Drummonds biggest issue is the expectations he has from the fans and the organization in Detroit.

I have no doubt he would be a successful rotational piece on a winning team in another market.

Rumors have Masai asking about him.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Andre Drummonds biggest issue is the expectations he has from the fans and the organization in Detroit.

I have no doubt he would be a successful rotational piece on a winning team in another market.

Rumors have Masai asking about him.

Depends on the team.

Dallas stretches the floor. He isn't a fit.

You guys have Gasol and Ibaka and Siakam. All can stretch the floor and provide low post presence.

Drummond isnt a floor spacer. Monster rebounder though.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Also, **** no to Drummond. A big **** no.

When's Luka due his billion dollars?
Just thought Paul's contract (2 years left, player option in 2021) was a risky move but that makes sense to make that extra push this year.
What would Jrue cost?
Who is gonna give you the biggest problems in the West?

For the Raptors, I'd prefer we sit tight and go with what we have, it's a boom or bust year for us and confident we will draft/develop more depth with our 1st and 2nd.
They can move Lowry for some value next year if need be, curious what VanVleet does. If he re-signs here, I move Lowry and a 2nd for a young PG + cap dump to back up FVV.
Don't think we/any other East team have enough to beat the Bucks this year.
Happy with what we're building post chip n dip, I'd get a Masai tattoo if he can land the Freak in 2021.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
When's Luka due his billion dollars?
Just thought Paul's contract (2 years left, player option in 2021) was a risky move but that makes sense to make that extra push this year.
What would Jrue cost?
Who is gonna give you the biggest problems in the West?

For the Raptors, I'd prefer we sit tight and go with what we have, it's a boom or bust year for us and confident we will draft/develop more depth with our 1st and 2nd.
They can move Lowry for some value next year if need be, curious what VanVleet does. If he re-signs here, I move Lowry and a 2nd for a young PG + cap dump to back up FVV.
Don't think we/any other East team have enough to beat the Bucks this year.
Happy with what we're building post chip n dip, I'd get a Masai tattoo if he can land the Freak in 2021.

2021 is when his rookie deal expires. So his new deal kicks in 2022.

And apparently, says Brian Windhorst, we are interested in Kevin Love or something similar, but we are trying to withold as much money as possible for 2021 summer to make a bid on Giannis.

Luka and Giannis? Bruh. BRUH

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
@Ghoste , you think Kwon will be activated?
Thoughts on playing MIN?
Sounds like it. It's big with Ford, Tartt, and Kwon back. Although first game back after they've missed a bit of time so you never know how effective they'll be.

Gotta stop Cook and make it easier to get to Cousins. I'm scared of whoever Spoon is covering. He might be on a short leash though before they just go with Eman.

What you think @ThePatientPanther

-ghoste

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
2021 is when his rookie deal expires. So his new deal kicks in 2022.

And apparently, says Brian Windhorst, we are interested in Kevin Love or something similar, but we are trying to withold as much money as possible for 2021 summer to make a bid on Giannis.

Luka and Giannis? Bruh. BRUH

giannis-raptors.jpg

:cheers:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Sounds like it. It's big with Ford, Tartt, and Kwon back. Although first game back after they've missed a bit of time so you never know how effective they'll be.

Gotta stop Cook and make it easier to get to Cousins. I'm scared of whoever Spoon is covering. He might be on a short leash though before they just go with Eman.

-ghoste

Feel we're slightly better in every category but Cook has been dominant.
If our defense can shut him down, we should edge them with our versatility on offense.
Defense has been solid to good enough, would be nice to see the first 8 games defense on Saturday.
Thankfully, we've had some playoff style games to end the year, they're rested and hungry now.
We win by 9-10 pts imo.

Reactions: Ghoste

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Got Minny beating the 49ers. Don’t see how they can score against a Minny defense who can defend the 49ers best weapon (Kittle) better than any team, and I think Cousins is going to have success passing the ball.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So I'm thinking in football this weekend:

My Chiefs win big

The Ravens win big

Seahawks Edge Packers

I just keep going back and forth on this Niners - Vikings game. Not sure yet still who to pick?

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Almost kickoff.
I've decided after much debate today that I have the Niners winning a close game, three points or less.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

-ghoste

Feel we're slightly better in every category but Cook has been dominant.
If our defense can shut him down, we should edge them with our versatility on offense.
Defense has been solid to good enough, would be nice to see the first 8 games defense on Saturday.

Thankfully, we've had some playoff style games to end the year, they're rested and hungry now.
We win by 9-10 pts imo.

Great call on Spoon, cost us that first TD with the penalty and the fall on the scoring play. Put Mosley in his spot.
Kirk Cousins post game: .....i didn't like that...
That was our first 8 game defense, so impressive to see Sherman still playing elite at his age. Such a leader on the team.
How clutch is JG on 3rd down, if only he can cut down on the INT's.

Bourne and Samuel made some really tough catches today (the high throw to Samuel on the first drive, the duck with luck play to Bourne).
Samuel is a beast, with him, Kittle and Juice, there's nobody questioning the team toughness or clutch throws/receptions along with that versatility we have.
Kittle didn't have to be the MVP and the offense didn't skip a beat.
This feels good man, we've beat both of the teams fighting it out now and play another home game. Who you rather play?
NFC Championship game at home! I LIKE THAT!! :cheers:

Got Minny beating the 49ers. Don’t see how they can score against a Minny defense who can defend the 49ers best weapon (Kittle) better than any team, and I think Cousins is going to have success passing the ball.

Kittle-3.gif

Kittle: :D....ya well, what about all these other guys to my left and right tho?

Reactions: Ghoste

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Great call on Spoon, cost us that first TD with the penalty and the fall on the scoring play. Put Mosley in his spot.
That was our first 8 game defense, so impressive to see Sherman still playing elite at his age. Such a leader on the team.

Bourne and Samuel made some really tough catches today (the high throw to Samuel on the first drive, the duck with luck play to Bourne).
Samuel is a beast, with him, Kittle and Juice, there's nobody questioning the team toughness or clutch throws/receptions along with that versatility we have.
This feels good man, we've beat both of the teams fighting it out now and play another home game. Who you rather play?

View attachment 306197

Kittle: :D....ya well, what about all these other guys to my left and right tho?
Defense was nasty today. Dee, Tartt, and Kwon make such a difference obviously. Nice win! My only complaints were starting Spoon (which I imagine won't happen again) and Jimmy G with his couple wtf throws.

Seattle always scares me but Green Bay is tough as well. We'll see tomorrow who it will be.

-ghoste

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

View attachment 306197

I was not expecting Minny to lay an egg on defense. They did the exact opposite as to what they were doing all season long.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I was not expecting Minny to lay an egg on defense. They did the exact opposite as to what they were doing all season long.
Have you watched any of the Niners this year? We can move the ball a little bit. Kyle is good at what he does but sometimes he can get a little too conservative. I think we let teams hang around a little too long.

-ghoste

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Have you watched any of the Niners this year? We can move the ball a little bit. Kyle is good at what he does but sometimes he can get a little too conservative. I think we let teams hang around a little too long.

-ghoste

I watch A LOT of football. Have you seen Minny’s run D? SF didn’t do any trickery against them, they just took it right to them. SF used the exact play scheme that Minny wanted to run against them; play action and running plays. SF was obviously the better team yesterday, but Minny also played terrible.

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Is it weird that the chiefs were down 24 to 0 and I was just a little concerned?

I knew they could put up points, but I had no idea!

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Is it weird that the chiefs were down 24 to 0 and I was just a little concerned?

I knew they could put up points, but I had no idea!

O’Brien is a moron. They don’t go for it on 4th and a foot, settling for a FG to go up 24-0, but he goes for a fake punt in his own side of the field. They should have doubled both Hill and Kelce, and let the rest of the skill players beat them. Terrible game plan defensively.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

(Both the GM and the manager have been fired since the punishments were handed out)

Wow, someone's actually more of a circus than the Marlins under Loria. haha

Being in yet another rebuild with the Marlins, this actually gives me something pretty entertaining to follow in baseball, even in the offseason.
:popcorn:

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I mean the Houston punishment is crazy, but well deserved. I hope MLB follows it up with something for the Red Sox, as cheating in baseball, sign stealing in particular, is so wrong.

Just about as wrong as what I heard today that my Blue Jays are bringing back their powder blue jerseys. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad