OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2019-20 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Hopefully they figure out the stadium issues for the Jays.

I thought Pittsburgh was going to be a done deal. Maybe Baltimore will work out. I've also heard them splitting time between the Yankees and Mets stadiums.
I realize numbers are getting out of hand in Florida, but in Dunedin there is a state-of-the-art new stadium I would imagine would be good to use. Are things that bad down in Florida?

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
@Cold Cat , you watching the Jays game in 10 mins?

Yes I watched the game. Excellent start to the season.
  • I thought Ryu pitched really well. His changeup was filthy all night.
  • Biggio looks good also. Huge three-run Homer and really has backed up his talk of being a really good team this season.
  • Bass looked good out of the pen. Brought some serious fire.

Season looks really good to be starting in Tampa and getting a win like that. They bent at one point, but didn't break.
Excited for this season. I think they will be competitive, especially during a short season with expanded playoffs.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yes I watched the game. Excellent start to the season.
  • I thought Ryu pitched really well. His changeup was filthy all night.
  • Biggio looks good also. Huge three-run Homer and really has backed up his talk of being a really good team this season.
  • Bass looked good out of the pen. Brought some serious fire.

Season looks really good to be starting in Tampa and getting a win like that. They bent at one point, but didn't break.
Excited for this season. I think they will be competitive, especially during a short season with expanded playoffs.

Biggio has some pop in that bat. The whole lineup made for difficult outs with Morton.

Ya Ryu was pretty solid, got out of the jams he needed to.
Winning in TB is rare for us so we'll take it.
Liked the combo of small ball and the big 3 run bomb to catapult us to that W.
Should be a fun year for the young guys and ya never know what happens if they can play consistently.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Marlins have a Covid 19 outbreak with 14 players/coaches affected. Stuck in Philly for now . Home opener canceled

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Duuuude @Cold Cat ..

#1 - 9 hits, 6 runs - W
#2 - 8 hits, 1 run - L
#3 - 13 hits, 5 runs - L (did like the new 2nd on base rule, made for an interesting and quick ending to game)
#4 - 7 hits, 4 runs - W
#5 - 7 hits, 5 runs - W

We should be 4-1, game #3 slipped away but impressed with the HRs and hitting in general against really high ranked pitching.
Outside some bullpen issues, starting guys have been solid.
Nate gets his shot tomorrow.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I've watched all the games, except for Game 3 where I listened on the radio.

They are playing really good ball right now. Good team ball. Really good situational hitting, and good team defense behind solid pitching.

Players I am impressed with so far this season:

• Biggio
  • Fisher
  • Teoscar
  • Espinal
  • Tellez
  • Drury
  • Bass
  • Romano
  • Ryu
  • Hatch
  • Kay
  • Roark
  • Shoemaker
Long list, but I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. Point is Jays are all playing really good.

Tomorrow's game is going to be unreal, Pearson vs. Scherzer. Hopefully I can be home in time, if not I intend to listen on the radio.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Go Heat! My go to team.
I've decided I'm watching Raptors vs. Lakers tonight, since Blue Jays are postponed. I bet this is going to be a very entertaining game!

A week before Sports started, I saw the Raptors were playing the Lakers. I thought it was a bit early, but I watched anyways. Watch the whole third quarter, thought the Raptors played awesome. It wasn't until I watched the whole third quarter that I realized it was a rerun from earlier in the season, because there was 20K of fans in the stands.
I got reruned one day before main sports started. I was not sober.

Reactions: Drugs Delaney

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I've decided I'm watching Raptors vs. Lakers tonight, since Blue Jays are postponed. I bet this is going to be a very entertaining game!

A week before Sports started, I saw the Raptors were playing the Lakers. I thought it was a bit early, but I watched anyways. Watch the whole third quarter, thought the Raptors played awesome. It wasn't until I watched the whole third quarter that I realized it was a rerun from earlier in the season, because there was 20K of fans in the stands.
I got reruned one day before main sports started. I was not sober.
Way to go tonight against The Lakers! Still The Champs!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Way to go tonight against The Lakers! Still The Champs!

I swear if we can nab Giannis in free agency to go with Siakim, VanVleet, OG and maybe Lowry on a reduced deal to be on a contender, we can chase another Chip for sure.
We seem to be pretty good at developing bench players and re stock the depth that may leave with Ibaka and Gasol for cheaper league minimum guys

Reactions: Drugs Delaney

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I swear if we can nab Giannis in free agency to go with Siakim, VanVleet, OG and maybe Lowry on a reduced deal to be on a contender, we can chase another Chip for sure.
We seem to be pretty good at developing bench players and re stock the depth that may leave with Ibaka and Gasol for cheaper league minimum guys

I wonder now if Lowry would take a reduced deal? There is talk now about if he is at HOF kind of player.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I wonder now if Lowry would take a reduced deal? There is talk now about if he is at HOF kind of player.

He seems to love Toronto, his kids grew up here, im sure they may even offer small stake of ownership if he does do a favor and take less cap/money to keep window open.

Philly isn't exactly setting the world on fire and that's his hometown. LA is booked up.
Does he want to uproot to make more money on lesser team or have a shot at another ring to earn that HOF call as well?

Reactions: Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
He seems to love Toronto, his kids grew up here, im sure they may even offer small stake of ownership if he does do a favor and take less cap/money to keep window open.

Philly isn't exactly setting the world on fire and that's his hometown. LA is booked up.
Does he want to uproot to make more money on lesser team or have a shot at another ring to earn that HOF call as well?

And at this point of his career, why wouldn't you want to play for Nick Nurse? He makes everyone that much better of a player. From what it sounds like, he loves Lowry.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@Ghoste ,

Screenshot_20200813-124500_theScore.jpg

Well earned by the big man.

Reactions: Ghoste
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events