OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2019-20 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
@Cold Cat , tell me you saw the walk off win today? These guys are fun, can never shut the game off in the 9th

10-4 in their last 14?
How many walk offs is that now? 4 or 5 no?
Tough loss today. Offense decided to take a nap. Thought they might come back, but you can't win them all.

Lots of good news before the deadline. Really like that Walker trade, as well as the Ray trade. Hopefully Ray's former teammates and coaches on the team are seeing something mechanical he's not doing right. Leads the NL in walks, and has six wild pitches. Something's off. Hopefully it's an easy fix. Lots of high strikeout potential.

Solid win by MIA tonight.
MIL tends to love losing the 1st game.
Should help make for a great series once they wake up.

Is it possible that Jimmy Buckets is the best player in the East that's in the bubble?

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Tough loss today. Offense decided to take a nap. Thought they might come back, but you can't win them all.

Lots of good news before the deadline. Really like that Walker trade, as well as the Ray trade. Hopefully Ray's former teammates and coaches on the team are seeing something mechanical he's not doing right. Leads the NL in walks, and has six wild pitches. Something's off. Hopefully it's an easy fix. Lots of high strikeout potential.

Is it possible that Jimmy Buckets is the best player in the East that's in the bubble?

Not super familiar with the pitching upgrades but Walker looked great in that 5-0 shutout win.
Glad they added depth there though with the injuries and made some moves which tells the players they believe in a playoff berth and let the chips fall where they may.

We know next year and beyond is when we truly contend and were gonna have so much space to take on shoter term bad deals/cap dumps for other assets while adding better depth via free agency. Would like us to focus heavy on outfielders and more pitching this upcoming draft.

Villar brings so much versatility. He just got a sacrifice RBI to lead 1-0 vs MIA.
Best prospect we gave up was 13th on the list but think Stripling is signed for next year as well? We gave up Conine, liked his power and arm from OF but gotta give to get. We got all our main guys still developing.

We have a shot to contend for AL East crown vs the Yanks/Rays looking ahead. Gonna get interesting the next couple seasons.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
BOS came to play, very quick team on both sides of the ball.
TOR hesitating/forcing too many plays and can't cut through their defense. 3's aren't dropping either.
We came back from down 2-0 to MIL but something tells me, we are gonna fall short here and may be lucky to get 6 games out of it.
Gasol looks finished, Ibaka still serviceable.

BOS - MIL/MIA will be a fun ECF.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
TOR shooting has to come around at some point.

Right??!?

They need to stop forcing 3's. Reminds me of when they tried to compete with CLE a couple years back. Go to the paint and battle. Lowry and Siakim gotta step up

Well if we do lose, at least we have a 50/50 chance at Giannis. new article says its an open secret its between TOR and MIA, especially more if MIA beats MIL which is likely now as well.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
What a finish!

They still ain't playing the way they can.
BOS is legit, definitely under-estimated them, Kemba is a stud.
The EAST is becoming a solid conference.

TOR, MIL, BOS, BKN (next year with KD) and IND if they can add in free agency.
You see the article saying it's open secret Giannis is going to TOR or MIA in free agency?
Either team becomes the team to beat in the East.

Reactions: Drugs Delaney

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
TOR shooting has to come around at some point.

Right??!?

The Raptors played like piss the first half. It seems like every game this series they are getting into serious foul trouble in the first quarter.
They really stepped up their play in the second half. I saw Toronto was something like 5/9 shooting threes in the fourth quarter, and Boston was 0/5.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@Chaos2k7

I wonder if Kawhi saw that shot?! :naughty:

Tell me you saw this meme, straight outta Family Matters, miss that show big time

Screenshot_20200904-084819_theScore.jpg

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I’m man crushing on Jimmy Butler right now. 3-0 series lead and undefeated in the Playoffs so far!

Just goes to show you what a first class organization looks like, from ownership to the coaching staff. Butler is the type of player that would thrive on our team. We are one of the hardest working teams in the league, we are well coached, which includes the details and preparation the staff gives the players, and all that is evident on the court. He isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but how I described this organization, is how he plays the game. And those reasons are why I think Giannis joins the Heat after next season. He needs our organization, and a management creative enough to surround him with what he will need to thrive. Plus, a front court of Giannis, Bam, and Butler would lock it down defensively.

Reactions: Drugs Delaney

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
No one loves winning more than Kyle Lowry

Best of 3 now boys, strap 'em up!

When they play like this, they can repeat.
They were moving the ball so well tonight. That allowed them to get many open looks on threes, which they made a lot of.

Also out hustling the other team is paramount. Kyle=HOFer

A spark doesn’t always ignite a comeback, but a comeback always comes from a spark.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Just want to put it out there. But if you want to get on the bandwagon now, it's a good time to get behind the Marlins. Even though they had a baaaaaaaaad lose last night. The rebuild is going well, and they might do some damage this season in the middle of the rebuild.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Jays are killing it. Just finished 28 games in 27 days, with a record of 18- 10. Last night I had to be away and only watch the raps first quarter, but the whole second half of the game Jays radio guys were updating on the basketball score. It was great! I recorded the game and I'm just about to sit down and watch, even though I know the score. So jacked up for Friday night now! Definitely will be wearing my 2019 NBA championship hat.

BTW to end on a baseball note, I just purchased and received my baby blue Bo Bichette jersey in the mail. I got it from Fanatics. It fits perfect and looks even better! Can't wait till he's back, probably tomorrow.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Just want to put it out there. But if you want to get on the bandwagon now, it's a good time to get behind the Marlins. Even though they had a baaaaaaaaad lose last night. The rebuild is going well, and they might do some damage this season in the middle of the rebuild.
It was a bit scary last year when Jeter said that people come to the park to have a good time, not watch the team win. That statement is looking a lot better now that it turns out that maybe their plan to restock the minors was actually a plan and not just another cost-cutting dumpster fire, and he wanted people to show up at the park before it started to pay off. It's more fun to be a fan through the bad times so you are rewarded when the good times come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad