All Fantasy Hockey Questions Here!

GoldMedal10*

Hello guys, I was hoping you could answer a couple questions for me to help my fantasy team. Who is supposed to play with Stamkos and St Louis? Drouin and Killorn are free agents right now and if one of them is supposed to play on the top line then i'm definitely going to pick them up. And also, what do you expect from Hedman this season? He was ranked awfully low on fantasy and i thought he was the steal of the draft for me. Thanks!

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Hello guys, I was hoping you could answer a couple questions for me to help my fantasy team. Who is supposed to play with Stamkos and St Louis? Drouin and Killorn are free agents right now and if one of them is supposed to play on the top line then i'm definitely going to pick them up. And also, what do you expect from Hedman this season? He was ranked awfully low on fantasy and i thought he was the steal of the draft for me. Thanks!

Malone is going to start the season with MSL and Stamkos but you never know of him because of he's so injury prone. Drouin was already sent back to Q but picking up Killorn wouldn't be bad, he's going to play in the second line and if/when Malone gets injured I see him in the first line. I'm a Hedman fanboy but I definitely think he'll hit 40 points this season, if he gets first line PP time I could even see him getting close to 50.

Is Bishop or Lindback the starting goaltender this year?

They're in a 1A/1B situation but I personally think that Lindbäck will eventually get the starter job.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Also how does he compare to Panik and Palat? Does Johnson have the most upside?

I'm asking for this season and long term.

Johnson is probably the safest bet, Panik might have the best upside, because he's the most likely to move up the depth chart if there's an injury.

Long term, Johnson might be the guy though. If he proves size won't be an issue for him in the NHL, he's definitely the guy. Lots of skill, but plenty of ifs. All three of them could wind up darkhorse ROY candidates. You have to consider the fact that they've got built-in chemistry from the AHL. My guess is 35-40 points for each of them, 30 points is a safe bet, but there's a chance any one of them could move up the depth chart and hit 55. Unlikely, but very possible.

Ducksgo*

Anyone know the expectations for Tyler Johnson this season? Any help from you TB fans would be appreciated. Thank you

Ducksgo*

Not very much if he keeps playing timid, like his other linemates. Their Fenwick For% last game was atrocious.

Yah I hear ya on that Zeyk. He was the AHL's MVP last season. Guy has some SERIOUS talent though. Was thinking of dropping Plekanec in my dynasty for him. Bad or good idea long term?

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
Yah I hear ya on that Zeyk. He was the AHL's MVP last season. Guy has some SERIOUS talent though. Was thinking of dropping Plekanec in my dynasty for him. Bad or good idea long term?

I'd hold off on that for now. Talented guy, but odds are he won't touch Plekanec scoring wise.

I mean i'm a fan and hope he can set himself in the role of our 3rd line centre but I don't see him hitting 60 points, let alone 70. I'm looking for 20G 20A sort of play. Great 3rd liner.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Long-term? Maybe. Short-term? I'd say don't do it. Johnson is fast, energetic and very good on faceoffs so I could see him get bumped up a line or two in close game situations. But right now he's a rookie who has to prove he belongs in the NHL.

That said I hope he proves me wrong. ;)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The one thing that's stood out about Johnson so far this season is his speed. The kid has serious wheels. I would expect him to improve over the first couple of weeks and then sort of settle in. I'm still thinking 35-40 points this season. Long term, it's up in the air, because he has the talent to be a scorer but he's also very useful in a third line type role, where he is now. So it really just depends on how the chips fall.

The one thing for you fantasy people to really keep in mind is the fact that between him/Panik/and Palat, it's likely one of them will be sent to Syracuse at some point this year. My money's on Palat (because Johnson is a center and because Panik can be inserted on a scoring line), but whoever goes down will shake things up for the other two. Who knows what that would mean for their scoring though.

Ducksgo*

Long-term? Maybe. Short-term? I'd say don't do it. Johnson is fast, energetic and very good on faceoffs so I could see him get bumped up a line or two in close game situations. But right now he's a rookie who has to prove he belongs in the NHL.

That said I hope he proves me wrong. ;)

Sounds good to me strikes I will keep a eye on him. I also picked up Alex Killorn. Noticed he is on your 2nd line. And from rotoworld

"Filppula and Purcell have built reputations as pass-first players during their NHL tenures, so Killorn will likely be the trigger man on the line. He may be well suited for the role too after he registered 82 shots in 38 games last season, while producing seven goals and 19 points. Oct 3 - 11:04 AM"

Seems good for a early waiver pickup?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Sounds good to me strikes I will keep a eye on him. I also picked up Alex Killorn. Noticed he is on your 2nd line. And from rotoworld

"Filppula and Purcell have built reputations as pass-first players during their NHL tenures, so Killorn will likely be the trigger man on the line. He may be well suited for the role too after he registered 82 shots in 38 games last season, while producing seven goals and 19 points. Oct 3 - 11:04 AM"

Seems good for a early waiver pickup?

You are asking the guy with the Killorn avatar and custom title. :laugh:

In all seriousness though, Killorn took his foot off the gas in the last month of last season. Before that he was everywhere, shooting, relentlessly fighting for pucks, backchecking... which earned him a spot on our top line alongside Stamkos and St. Louis. If he's able to become that guy again he should be a solid pickup for your team.

Ducksgo*

You are asking the guy with the Killorn avatar and custom title. :laugh:

In all seriousness though, Killorn took his foot off the gas in the last month of last season. Before that he was everywhere, shooting, relentlessly fighting for pucks, backchecking... which earned him a spot on our top line alongside Stamkos and St. Louis. If he's able to become that guy again he should be a solid pickup for your team.

Haha I'm on mobile Strikes :laugh: avatars don't show when on HF Mobile. So I didn't know, but that's awesome I personally thought he was to good to pass up for my dynasty team after reading your local St.Pete newspaper and other internet reports.

Ducksgo*

Grats on the OT win TB fans!!! Alex Killorn!!! Ot game winner. Friends in my dynasty are jealous I didn't use a draft pick and got em off waivers :laugh: lookin good looking good. Good luck this season fellas

Ducksgo*

Alex Killorn just keeps improving and improving. Probably the best waiver claim I have ever had to pan out so far in young fantasy career :laugh:

Ducksgo*

Any particular reason why Alex Killorn is being dropped at a heavy rate by yahoo leagues? Almost 1400 teams have dropped him today

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Any particular reason why Alex Killorn is being dropped at a heavy rate by yahoo leagues? Almost 1400 teams have dropped him today

I haven't seen/read anything about an injury. Maybe it's because he hasn't scored in a couple of games? Despite that, he's still looking great on the top line, and created at least one chance that turned into a goal (scaring the crap out of Yakopov) despite not touching the puck for an assist. The points are still coming, in my opinion. And they'll come in buckets as soon as MSL gets back to his usual self.

If he stays on the top line, I really think Killorn has 60-70 point potential. Maybe more. It might seem far-fetched, but if you consider his linemates, he's going to sponge up some points even if he doesn't create chances. And Killorn will create chances.

Ducksgo*

I haven't seen/read anything about an injury. Maybe it's because he hasn't scored in a couple of games? Despite that, he's still looking great on the top line, and created at least one chance that turned into a goal (scaring the crap out of Yakopov) despite not touching the puck for an assist. The points are still coming, in my opinion. And they'll come in buckets as soon as MSL gets back to his usual self.

If he stays on the top line, I really think Killorn has 60-70 point potential. Maybe more. It might seem far-fetched, but if you consider his linemates, he's going to sponge up some points even if he doesn't create chances. And Killorn will create chances.

Thank you DFC I got money on the line in one of the leagues. Reading 1400 teams dropping him scared the crap out of me. He has been beast for you guys lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad