All Fantasy Hockey Questions Here!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Thank you DFC I got money on the line in one of the leagues. Reading 1400 teams dropping him scared the crap out of me. He has been beast for you guys lol

Well, that "60-70" points I mentioned just got cut by about 10-20. Stamkos looks like he broke his leg. That's a massive source of Killorn's points gone for a significant amount of time.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
What are your thoughts on Kucherov? What are his chances of sticking with the team this year? I just picked him up in a deep fantasy keeper league.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
What are your thoughts on Kucherov? What are his chances of sticking with the team this year? I just picked him up in a deep fantasy keeper league.

If he keeps playing like he is now he has a chance. If Stamkos comes back we may move him back to Syracuse. However he looks real dangerous out there right now. Makes plays and can shoot the puck. Something we desperately need with Stamkos out now. Also has helped out on D too.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If he keeps playing like he is now he has a chance. If Stamkos comes back we may move him back to Syracuse. However he looks real dangerous out there right now. Makes plays and can shoot the puck. Something we desperately need with Stamkos out now. Also has helped out on D too.

I don't know about that. Like you said, it's not like Kucherov is showing significant defensive holes that would give us a reason to send him back. He was probably our second best player last night, and there were points where he took over the game. If he keeps that up, and I realize that's a big if, it would make the team worse to send him back regardless of Stamkos's status.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I don't know about that. Like you said, it's not like Kucherov is showing significant defensive holes that would give us a reason to send him back. He was probably our second best player last night, and there were points where he took over the game. If he keeps that up, and I realize that's a big if, it would make the team worse to send him back regardless of Stamkos's status.

Agreed. I was shocked seeing how hard he was backchecking and working to get the puck turned the other way. As of right now I don't know if that's because he is working hard to stay up or if that's going to be his consistent effort at this level. Either way, it shows what he's capable of as a rookie who could still stand to put on weight. That means he can get even better. If this kid continues to progress, he will be a dominant player in this league for a while.

I don't see how we can send him down even once Stamkos comes back, he wouldn't deserve it unless he shows a severe decline in his game. Besides, it's never a bad thing to have a trigger man on every line.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Agreed. I was shocked seeing how hard he was backchecking and working to get the puck turned the other way. As of right now I don't know if that's because he is working hard to stay up or if that's going to be his consistent effort at this level. Either way, it shows what he's capable of as a rookie who could still stand to put on weight. That means he can get even better. If this kid continues the progress, he will be a dominant player in this league for a while.

I don't see how we can send him down even once Stamkos comes back, he wouldn't deserve it unless he shows a severe decline in his game. Besides, it's never a bad thing to have a trigger man on every line.

That's where I'm at. Having a "B" shot to Stamkos's "A" shot turns things into a pick your poison situation. If we go 91/26 and then 51/56 -- who does Zdeno Chara cover? (It occurs to me that "everybody" is an acceptable response. :P)

Travis Moen

May 5, 2006
Montréal
www.OnlyTopGames.com
I have him [Gudas] in my pool.

I'm allowed one trade december 1st and one trade february first.

Would you trade him and pick him back on february? or is he expected to make a miracle comeback? thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I have him in my pool.

I'm allowed one trade december 1st and one trade february first.

Would you trade him and pick him back on february? or is he expected to make a miracle comeback? thanks!!

Hope for miracles, but don't bank on them.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Hey guys, I'm dropping by with a hockey pool question. I'm trying to replace Dupuis as I can do so for any forward with 20 or less points. Of the players available, there are quite a few young guys that are the best choices for that range, Chaisson, Nichushkin, Perrault, Anisimov, Schenn, Read, Gallagher, and of course Purcell and TJ. I see that TJ is playing on the top line and I'm wondering if that's a consistent thing and if putting my money on TJ will pay off?

Perhaps more telling, with all those guys in the same 18-20 points range, would you take one of the non-TBL players over your two guys?

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Hey guys, I'm dropping by with a hockey pool question. I'm trying to replace Dupuis as I can do so for any forward with 20 or less points. Of the players available, there are quite a few young guys that are the best choices for that range, Chaisson, Nichushkin, Perrault, Anisimov, Schenn, Read, Gallagher, and of course Purcell and TJ. I see that TJ is playing on the top line and I'm wondering if that's a consistent thing and if putting my money on TJ will pay off?

Perhaps more telling, with all those guys in the same 18-20 points range, would you take one of the non-TBL players over your two guys?

I would pick up TJ if I could. I would also definitely pick up Nichushkin. I think the difference is that TJ is playing big minutes on the first line where it seems Nichushkin is still playing lower minutes. Not sure what your league stats are but TJ also picks up a lot of shots. He won't be getting many hits/PIMs though.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Thank you sir :)

Can I get one more person to vouch for the safeness of picking up TJ?

It's only points in my pool. It's a different kinda pool :P

There are some guys getting lower minutes but are all in the line up for certain day in and day out. Pardon my ignorance over TJ but obviously he's not as well known as some of the other names available so I'm not sure if he's being thrown into a role as a try out or if it he's a solid NHLer.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Thank you sir :)

Can I get one more person to vouch for the safeness of picking up TJ?

It's only points in my pool. It's a different kinda pool :P

There are some guys getting lower minutes but are all in the line up for certain day in and day out. Pardon my ignorance over TJ but obviously he's not as well known as some of the other names available so I'm not sure if he's being thrown into a role as a try out or if it he's a solid NHLer.

He isn't moving off the first line until Stamkos gets back.

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Hey guys, not sure where to post this so I'll just chuck it here.

I'm currently in a league for GM Connected on NHL14 (PS3) and we are looking for a few more GMs. Where almost at 30 active GMs, so it's always pretty interesting with trades and other stuff going on. If you want to know more just PM me.

Also, the Lightning are still available (EA took away Drouin for some reason).

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
With Stamkos back, any chance TJ play on the wing or does he get moved down the center depth chart?

Thanks in advance.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Guys, who do you think gets more points the rest of the way? Johnson or Filppula?

I see Johnson is playing with Stamkos on the 1st line but he is on the 2nd PP unit. He also does some PK time.

Filppula is on the 2nd line with Palat and Callahan (who I also own) and he plays on the 1st PP unit with Stamkos.

I am going into my playoffs and the roster freeze to tonight, looking to drop Turris for either guy. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Filp short term. Palat/Filp/Cally is beastmoding at the moment. If Johnson finds chemistry with Killorn & Stammer watchout...but that is not the case at the moment.

potsos

Jan 25, 2014
Freeport, Antonica
Who starts in goal Sunday?

Hey Lightning fans. I'm struggling in my fantasy playoff week and I need to pick up a goalie that will play a game Sunday. Will Lindback play on Sunday or does Ben play on the second nights of back to backs? Thanks in advance!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What times the game? If it's a night game there's a chance Bishop plays that one as well. If early they'll go Lindback.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We're pretty much a lock for a place off spot right now. It would require multiple teams to catch up to us to knock us out, at least one of which would have to be an Atlantic team. I'd love home ice advantage in the playoffs, but I don't think that's nearly as important as a fresh Ben Bishop in the playoffs, so I'm hoping we see a little more Lindback down the stretch.

xodblux

Jun 17, 2010
Montreal
What to expect from T.Johnson when J.Drouin gets in lineup?

Johnson may get the center of kucherov and brown in 2014-2015 on the third line. Having now Drouin on the first power play with Stamkos, do you think Johnson will do as good as last season.

I have Johnson and Palat in my pool and I have to choose if I keep them. Tx!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad