All Fantasy Hockey Questions Here!

newham89

Feb 11, 2010
Nottingham, UK
I think it's Bishops job to lose, but in a 1a - 1b role. Lindback is by no means back up already, but it's a huge season for both of their careers. Unless either one of them excels or ***** the bed, then I'd expect a 60-40 split over the season.

simbot

Mar 24, 2002
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Better Fantasy Potential - Barberio or Tyler Johnson

Thoughts on who will be the better fantasy option... barbs is on a 2-way contract and will probably be the first call up, Johnson has crazy numbers in the AHL but does he have a chance to stick get PP time?

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
You guys get to see a lot of Carolina, so would you rather pick Eric Brewer or Jay Harrison?

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
You guys get to see a lot of Carolina, so would you rather pick Eric Brewer or Jay Harrison?

If your league is based more on points and statlines, Brewer.

If it's based on skating and who I would have a few years from now, it'd be Harrison.

Brewer is a second line defenseman, and sees some PP time. Harrison was on Carolina's third line last season (not sure if he'll get the bump up to the second line this season), and while I don't think Harrison is a bad defender, I would believe Brewer will put up more in the way of points.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Fantasy Hockey

Do any of you guys on here play fantasy together? Looking to join another league. Also if you guys don't... would you be interested in joining one if I put it together?

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
I'd be interested although I haven't done fantasy hockey before. I know basically how it works expect the draft - how does it work? Everyone does it at the same time online or how?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'd be interested although I haven't done fantasy hockey before. I know basically how it works expect the draft - how does it work? Everyone does it at the same time online or how?

If it's like Yahoo or something then there's a premade list of players and when it's your pick, it'll take the highest ranked player available.

You can mess with their rankings and/or be there online during the draft to input your picks manually.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Hey Lightning fans I'm in a keeper league and I have 3rd overall pick and I'm thinking of taking Drouin with it. Read the rest my long *** post but basically my question is should I take him with the 3rd pick? Is he supposed to make the team or will he likely be in the minors? If he does make the team, who might he play with? The draft is in a few weeks so I gotta figure out who I'm gonna take with that pick and then I also have the 8th overall pick which is nice. Like many keeper leagues the FA's are of course the guys that are dropped plus newly drafted rookies. At the end of the draft all teams must have 18 players, any amount of D or forwards. there are no goalies and only points count. So here is my team:

PIT Evgeni Malkin
WSH Nicklas Backstrom
SJS Patrick Marleau
CHI Patrick Sharp
SJS Logan Couture
STL Alex Pietrangelo
PHX Mike Ribeiro
OTT Milan Michalek
CHI Duncan Keith
WPG Dustin Byfuglien

Here are the best FA's available that were dropped, not counting newly drafted players:
1. P. Dupuis (PIT)
2. J. Jagr (NJD)
3. D. Briere (MTL)
4. A. Hemsky (EDM)
5. N. Kulemin (TOR)
6. M. Granlund (MIN)
7. B. Little (WPG)
8. M. Green (WSH)
9. C. Macarthur (OTT)
10. M. Grabner (NYI)
11. B. Gionta (MTL)
12. D. Desharnais
13. M. Foligno (BUF)
14. F. Nielsen (NYI)
15. D. Boyle (SJS)
16. R. Peverley (DAL)
17. P. Berglund (STL)
18. T. Selanne (ANA)
19. D. Heatley (MIN)
20. S. Doan (PHI)
21. A. Tanguay (COL)
22. R. Vrbata (PHX)
23. R. Clowe (NJD)
24. E. Cole (DAL)
25. B. Morow (Unsigned)
26. A. Markov (MTL)
27. T. Bozak (TOR)
28. J. Hudler (CGY)
29. T. Zajac (NJD)
30. R. O’Reilly (COL)
31. B. Dubinsky (CBJ)
32. S. Weiss (DET)
33. T. Ennis (BUF)
34. C. Greening (OTT)
35. B. Boyes (Unsigned)
36. V. Filppula (TBL)
37. A. Henrique (NJD)
38. B. Sutter (PIT)
39. D. Burnner (Unsigned)
40. J. Schultz (EDM)
41. M. Erat (WSH)
42. M. Fisher (NSH)
43. V. Prospal (CBJ)
44. S. Kostitsyn (NSH)
45. R. Smyth (EDM)
46. P. Hornqvist (NSH)
47. K. Yandle (PHX)
48. S. Hartnell (PHI)
49. M. Johansson (WSH)
50. M. Del Zotto (NYR)
51. V. Hedman (TBL)
52. A. Steen (STL)
53. V. Salberg (NSH)
54. N. Horton (CBJ)
55. R. Umberger (CBJ)
56. D. Stafford (BUF)
57. J. Stoll (LA)
58. B. Richardson (LA)
59. M. Frolik (WPG)
60. D. Roy (STL)
61. D. Setoguchi (WPG)
62. B. Campbell (FLA)
63. B. Schenn (PHI)
64. A. Burrows (VAN)
65. J. McGinn (COL)
66. O. Jokinen (WPG)
67. M. Havlat (SJS)

I really like Stephen Weiss now on the Red Wings, and I'm thinking of taking him at some point. I'm wondering if I should take Drouin with the 3rd pick because apparently the guy with the 1st pick wants Kadri and the 2nd guy wants either Mackinnon or Drouin but I heard Drouin hasn't been guaranteed a spot yet on the Lightning's roster. Any help would be nice, thanks a lot guys!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'm not quite understanding overall situation of your team, but Drouin is fully expected to make the team straight away and play a top-six role.

The top two lines should look something like:
Killorn-Stamkos-St. Louis
Drouin-Filppula-Purcell

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm not quite understanding overall situation of your team, but Drouin is fully expected to make the team straight away and play a top-six role.

The top two lines should look something like:
Killorn-Stamkos-St. Louis
Drouin-Filppula-Purcell

What don't you understand (not trying to sound like a sarcastic smart *** lol)? Really though? That's weird because I'm in a sport management program (so some of these guys know their stuff really well) and a few of my buddies are telling me there's a good chance he might end up in the minors this season or even start there but I guess I'll trust you guys over them. I don't see why he wouldn't make the team though. But you think he's worth taking 3rd overall?

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Well, this is obviously just my opinion, but I think Drouin won't stick in NHL this season. He'll probably get the first nine games or so and then he'll be sent back to Q. I don't think he's NHL ready just yet.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
What don't you understand (not trying to sound like a sarcastic smart *** lol)? Really though? That's weird because I'm in a sport management program (so some of these guys know their stuff really well) and a few of my buddies are telling me there's a good chance he might end up in the minors this season or even start there but I guess I'll trust you guys over them. I don't see why he wouldn't make the team though. But you think he's worth taking 3rd overall?

He's too young for the AHL. A return to the CHL could of course happen but that'd be the end of him for the year.

I'm also not really trying to suggest taking him or not. I'm just explaining the situation.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I think is zero chance drouin doesnt play full year with lightning. I think Pirri chicago or douin wins the calder. He has too much talent to send back down to chl.

We kept up connolly who is not even comparable at the same age. He is up to 195 pounds he is 100% committed and think his defense is under rated. Sure he will struggle at times etc.. but he will get his chance to be second line and think he excels and is at least a 0.5 player his first year.

You have to also listen to what ever coach has said and what people like marty are saying. He wants this kid on the team he has not named him but he has alluded to this fact. Marty is not going to be around forever drouin can learn a hell of a lot more here from marty and playing a full season than to go back down to a league he dominated.

He has all the tools is big enough etc.. now is just to put together a solid camp and get his shot. I see him on second line to start season.

Now based on what you have pick wise I would say absolutely take him in keeper leagues I would take kucherov in a couple of rounds also even though doubt gets you anything this year the upside is he will become another superstar so is worth the flyer imo. Weiss or selanne are decent picks later also. Drouin probably wont win you the league this year but in the FUTURE? Very solid. I think he does become a point a game guy in the future at worst case scenario.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I think is zero chance drouin doesnt play full year with lightning. I think Pirri chicago or douin wins the calder. He has too much talent to send back down to chl.

We kept up connolly who is not even comparable at the same age. He is up to 195 pounds he is 100% committed and think his defense is under rated. Sure he will struggle at times etc.. but he will get his chance to be second line and think he excels and is at least a 0.5 player his first year.

You have to also listen to what ever coach has said and what people like marty are saying. He wants this kid on the team he has not named him but he has alluded to this fact. Marty is not going to be around forever drouin can learn a hell of a lot more here from marty and playing a full season than to go back down to a league he dominated.

He has all the tools is big enough etc.. now is just to put together a solid camp and get his shot. I see him on second line to start season.

Now based on what you have pick wise I would say absolutely take him in keeper leagues I would take kucherov in a couple of rounds also even though doubt gets you anything this year the upside is he will become another superstar so is worth the flyer imo. Weiss or selanne are decent picks later also. Drouin probably wont win you the league this year but in the FUTURE? Very solid. I think he does become a point a game guy in the future at worst case scenario.

Prince George had more to do with Brett Connolly staying up than Brett Connolly.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Prince George had more to do with Brett Connolly staying up than Brett Connolly.

just think is a waste to send drouin down. Think he can learn more here with marty for sure. He has too much offensive talent.

Not saying he is gonna set world on fire figure if hits 50 is a super year:) He will struggle of course.

I have seen nothing though to make me think drouin is not 100% ready physically mentally etc.. gaining 8 pounds of muscle. Staying off twitter etc.. full focused. Think he is just that one guy out of many lol who can make the instant transition.

I also have him as the best number one prospect in world right now so that helps a bit in his favor. I had questions on his goal scoring defense size maturity commitment.

From all I have seen in last two months he has answered all of those questions with 100% positive ACTIONS. This goes so much farther than the talent aspect to me.

So yes I no longer question him on those. He still has a TON to prove but I think its business as usual in this regard to him. So yes he makes the team. Yes he sticks with the team. He could still suffer an injury or many other factors. I just dont see it. Think the kid is one of those just way above years in readiness for NHL mentally and will pay the price whatever it takes to make that happen now:)

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
He's too young for the AHL. A return to the CHL could of course happen but that'd be the end of him for the year.

I'm also not really trying to suggest taking him or not. I'm just explaining the situation.

Oh okay I see. Well what do you think though? Do you think I should take him given what you know about his current situation?

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm sorry to keep asking but this pool is for a lot of money. Does anybody think Drouin is worth taking 3rd overall in a keeper league?

Last edited:

2016cupwinners

May 2, 2013
Long term, he definitely is worth the pick. Short term, there is a chance he doesn't make the team this season. We are really loaded at forward, and Yzerman likes to be patient with young players. You said you have a few weeks before the draft, which is good because we'll have a better idea of whether he is going to make the team then.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
I'm sorry to keep asking but this pool is for a lot of money. Does anybody think Drouin is worth taking 3rd overall in a keeper league?

If you're going strictly on points, I don't know if Drouin at 3rd overall is the best move. With guys like Doan and Heatley available, who are 50-70 points per season guys, I would lean more towards guys like that despite their age. With Drouin, he could have a huge rookie season, but he has a lot of "if's" to him...if he's on a good line, if his game transitions to the NHL easily, if he stays with the club, etc.

I'm not saying he isn't capable of having an impressive season, and being a Calder candidate/winner. But, from my own fantasy football/hockey past, I will always take the guy who will score 50 over a guy who could score 75.

A later round pick maybe a solid way to acquire Drouin...but at 3rd overall, you want a guy who will no doubt be penciled into the lineup as often as he plays. That's not to say Drouin won't be that guy, but do you want your riskiest pick to be your first pick?

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
The "problem" to answer your question right now is our management. They are maybe the most silent management group in the whole NHL and will NEVER say anything that they are not 487% sure about.
And they do there own staff, so there is quit a chance that he is not allowed to play in the NHL even if he is ready, because they say the guys out of the A deserve their chances (and we have lots of those guys in the A).

And the newest question mark right now is, they are testing him at playing center, so maybe they send him back because they want to make a center out of him and say to Halifax they should train him everything needed, which would just be logical.

That said, I expect him to be up, but nobody knows, so I would go for a veteran, more safer player and either hope you can still land Drouin at 8, or try to move up from 8 and land him then (if possible)

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Any chance Hedman will get a lot of #1PP time this year? I know you've got Carle in there and he does a decent job on the PP but with an asset like Hedman and what his upside is, I'm surprised they haven't turned him loose yet.

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Any chance Hedman will get a lot of #1PP time this year? I know you've got Carle in there and he does a decent job on the PP but with an asset like Hedman and what his upside is, I'm surprised they haven't turned him loose yet.

If we play with four forwards on #1PP still there's a chance but the chance is if and when Salo is injured although it's not crazy to think that Hedman will eventually outplay Salo on powerplay next season and get the first line power play time. If there's three forwards on both PP's Hedman should definitely get first line PP time, I think.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
If we play with four forwards on #1PP still there's a chance but the chance is if and when Salo is injured although it's not crazy to think that Hedman will eventually outplay Salo on powerplay next season and get the first line power play time. If there's three forwards on both PP's Hedman should definitely get first line PP time, I think.

Is Salo the #1 PP QB?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad