All-Encompassing Womens Soccer Thread

Sep 19, 2008
World Cup Champion Kelley O'Hara the Caps Fan

World Cup Champion Kelley O'Hara is the newest member of the #ALLCAPS fam!

O'Hara attended Saturday night's game against the Golden Knights. It was her first time taking in a Caps game at Capital One Arena and she continues the trend of world champions attending Capitals games.

The World Series Champion Washington Nationals were here last home game and the WNBA Champions the Mystics came earlier in October.

Her partner recently moved to the District and since it's the offseason for O'Hara, she will be living in D.C. until the NWSL starts back up again in the Spring.

She was shown on the big screen in the arena and like Champs do, chugged her Bud Light!

Reactions: kingsboy11
Sep 19, 2008

Also local news, the Spirit will play 4 games at Audi, 4 games in MD, and 4 games in VA. Considering how small the MD venue is (only fits 5000, DC fits 20,000) it's good for generating more revenue.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
I would never come close to declaring myself a feminist. What I am is a realist. I hope that I call things in as accurate a light as possible, without distortion.

Some women sports, do not fully meet grade. I struggle with women's basketball or women's hockey. Even though I am a Canadian and hockey is dominant here. Some other women sports can be at times second rate.

But for the most part women sports are very entertaining and I have never understood why they do not have a bigger impact? See the logo, you will understand my first love. But, women's football/soccer is incredible. Even at club level it is fantastic. Ball control, passing, forward buildup, backward defending. Are all exceptionally entertaining.

Are we so conditioned to reject based upon blind consideration? I hope not.

I will leave all of you with this. I take my Lady friend to women's sporting events..Did anyone spot the issue? (think a moment: who should be taking whom)

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
What was the reason they weren't picked up earlier? CONCACAF nonsense?

I think CONCACAF wanted to the get men and women's Olympic qualifying bundled together. The problem and idiocy of that is that the Men's qualifying is in ****ing March and the Women's is like 2 days away. The USWNT is a gold mine for ratings at the moment and they'll get next to nothing in regards to promotion for the tournament.

theprofessor

Jan 18, 2016
Watched the US women's team last night. I've come to the conclusion that Rose Lavelle is the best soccer player in the US. Men or women. Watching her on the pitch reminds me of a young Franz Beckenbauer, only with more speed. She has great vision and instinct. Wonderful creator.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Watched the US women's team last night. I've come to the conclusion that Rose Lavelle is the best soccer player in the US. Men or women. Watching her on the pitch reminds me of a young Franz Beckenbauer, only with more speed. She has great vision and instinct. Wonderful creator.

She's become easily my favorite player at the moment and I could see something special in her when she made her debut a few years ago. This team hasn't quite had a player like her. As long as she remains healthy she could become one of the best, if not the best, player in the world.

Reactions: theprofessor

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Canada is off to the semis of the women's CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament. They play Costa Rica later this week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad