All-encompassing anti-Pittsburgh thread

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
We have PIT's 1st round pick this year. The worse they do, the higher the pick for us.

Reactions: TaLoN

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Anyone 1 prospect worth gambling the picks farm to move up? As it seems to be trending to multi teen picks.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Nothing personal. Just business.
This is awesome. Your posts can be brilliant, but wish you showed up more. Has anyone seen Bazeek and Kevin Fiala in a room at the same time?

Nah, I rather just pick where they fall. Unless there is some sure fire prospect that you need, I don't think trying to trade up will accomplish much. I think 2 teen picks > 1 top 10 pick(6-10).
Made me think. Would you have given up Rossi for the #14 and #19 Pick? I think that would have been Holloway and Mercer, or something like that. I think I would rather have Mercer and Holloway

Last edited by a moderator:

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Made me think. Would you have given up Rossi for the #14 and #19 Pick? I think that would have been Holloway and Mercer, or something like that. I think I would rather have Mercer and Holloway
I think Rossi falls into that "Unless there is some sure fire prospect that you need". However, I pretty much agree that having Mercer and Holloway isn't a bad situation. I think this year's draft is different from last years though.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Anyone 1 prospect worth gambling the picks farm to move up? As it seems to be trending to multi teen picks.

I'd be very tempted to trade multiple picks for Beniers.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Why anti-Pittsburgh? Crosby and Malkin are very good players and worthy people.
Where is Vegas "golden ugly helmets" thread? :popcorn:

Because the Wild are in possession of Pittsburgh's 2021 1st round selection.

Reactions: Gurglesons

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’m hopinng we get some combination of Sillinger, Edvinsson, Lysell, Johnson, Lucius. Would love Beniers and Hughes, but they’ll be gone. Those guys could go in the 10-15 range. Late first round/early 2nd, I like Cuelemans, Samoskevich, Coranato, Cossa, Pinelli, Borgault. I’ve been really impressed with Kirill Kirsanov as well, but I don’t see a ton of offense there.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Trade 3 1sts for 1? No way.

Would have to be a guarantee franchise player in return. Beniers is not that.

No, but he is a top 6 center in the Bergeron, O'Reilly, Toews mold.

For the record, I wouldn't include next year's 1st. Just both 2021 1sts.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Only one of those guys MIGHT have had that value in their draft year... possibly none of them.

I edited my post to clarify my position, but I was too late. I agree that including next year's 1st is too far, but unless both picks this year are top 8-10, I would package those two for a "sure thing".

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I edited my post to clarify my position, but I was too late. I agree that including next year's 1st is too far, but unless both picks this year are top 8-10, I would package those two for a "sure thing".
Really depends on where the picks end up, but I could see scenarios that include both 1sts this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad