All-encompassing anti-Pittsburgh thread

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Penguins aren’t good
I've watched more Pens games this year than any year prior already, and I have seen them play better more times in any year prior than I have this year.

It's amazing they have any wins at all really... it sure isn't because they play well when they have won, that's for damn sure. They look Detroit bad most of the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gurglesons

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I've watched more Pens games this year than any year prior already, and I have seen them play better more times in any year prior than I have this year.

It's amazing they have any wins at all really... it sure isn't because they play when when they have won, that's for damn sure. They look Detroit bad most of the time.
They’re still capable of quick strike offense which allows them to stay in a lot of games long enough to win, but they aren’t driving play at all

Reactions: TaLoN

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Washington is 5 points ahead of Pittsburgh, Boston and Philly have long pulled away away by points percentage, it seems like Pittsburgh and NYI are fighting for that last playoff spot, and NYI is heading into a stretch where they play NJD or BUF in 8 out of their next 9 games, whereas PIT is playing PHI(x3), BOS(x2), NYR(x2) and BUF(x2) in their next 9. We could see them fade out of the race in the next 9 games or so, and if that happens they may sell at the deadline to reaquire a 1st.

Reactions: TaLoN

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Washington is 5 points ahead of Pittsburgh, Boston and Philly have long pulled away away by points percentage, it seems like Pittsburgh and NYI are fighting for that last playoff spot, and NYI is heading into a stretch where they play NJD or BUF in 8 out of their next 9 games, whereas PIT is playing PHI(x3), BOS(x2), NYR(x2) and BUF(x2) in their next 9. We could see them fade out of the race in the next 9 games or so, and if that happens they may sell at the deadline to reaquire a 1st.
I like to look at goal differential when trying to break down standings that are that close. More often than not that number tends to dictate where teams are heading. Pittsburgh is living on borrowed time.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

NYI and WAS have largely amassed their record based on beating up NYR, NJ or BUF.

PIT is 7-6 pt wise in their games against WAS and 8-6 in their games against NYI.

I think there is a chance PIT misses, but we should be able to accumulate some points in the upcoming games without giving up any against the teams we are worried about ahead of us.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
NYI and WAS have largely amassed their record based on beating up NYR, NJ or BUF.

PIT is 7-6 pt wise in their games against WAS and 8-6 in their games against NYI.

I think there is a chance PIT misses, but we should be able to accumulate some points in the upcoming games without giving up any against the teams we are worried about ahead of us.
Stop bringing positivity into this thread

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, it would suck for him to have any lingering effects like Rossi and Stalock. Totally awesome for us, though.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I do believe if we keep our 1st round picks, which we may not want to in a year like this, but if we do it's going to end up within just a few picks of each other. Pitt is too good but not too bad, same with us.

We could be picking like 14th and 18th this year.

Wish it was 10, 11, or 12 and 14th because there is always a guy there at 11 or 12 that drops or gets pushed down.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This isn't a "bad" draft, there are just no Eichel, Matthews, Lafreniere caliber players, and no clear first overall. It's not like the guy you're picking 1st overall would be lucky to be a middle six player, and the guys you get at 15-20 won't even make it to the league. There are still star players, still first liners, still good players that we would love to have in our pool.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
What the heck Philly. You can’t even beat a crosby-less penguins team? Edit: other teams can’t even tank right for us. THE most Minnesota thing ever.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad