All Elite Wrestling #3: It's time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I don’t really like the name the inner circle. It’s already a crappy dating app; they needed to be more sinister or cool.

It’s gonna be the elite vs. The inner circle ....meh sounds like a high school girls feud.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
He shut down a WWE chant. It was a fun little nod, but i don’t think it’s a good idea to name your stable after something that got big over in WWE after shutting down a chant for a WWE character.

Fair point. Did he take the list to Japan at all?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Only thing I didn’t like about that promo was calling it a shoot when he mentioned Hager’s record.

That was so beyond stupid. AEW - just stay away from WWE stuff. The comment about "Boxing, MMA, etc." is stupid, too. Lesnar would f***ing murder Swag. :laugh: The crowd knew it, too. Just leave WWE alone. Nobody wants to hear about it.

There were too many calls to WWE in that excellent promo. I think fans who are flocking to AEW want separation from WWE. Subtle shots - cool. The comment about "We the People" being dead was an incredible improv. The other shots are just stupid.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Would agree...want to see less hardcore matches...like 1 a month max....

I read something on reddit about how Allin was super talented but was told he wont go anywhere cause hes small, so had to rely on killing himself in the ring to stand out

well, AEW has no problem pushing a smaller guy that is talented, so just do that. cut down the gimmicks. bust out a hardcore match when the feud really calls for it

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Thing is Allin needs the hardcore stuff to stand out. He’s just bland. His match with Havoc was the biggest loser in the ratings. I just don’t see much in Allin there.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Thing is Allin needs the hardcore stuff to stand out. He’s just bland. His match with Havoc was the biggest loser in the ratings. I just don’t see much in Allin there.

That skateboarding GIF caught enough attention that I expect him to be someone who retains an audience going forward. These early weeks where people establish themselves might not give us the best read on who is truly a ratings loser. Right now, going viral is probably more important than where they rate on the audience’s initial impression.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Fair point. Did he take the list to Japan at all?

No, not that I recall.

There was a shirt during the Naito feud (I actually have one) but that was it.

lista-ingobernables-e1525489011806.png

Reactions: TD Charlie

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was at the Boston show. Put up a quick review of it yesterday. It was good ****. Definitely go if you can.
Can confirm that I will be in attendance of AEW Dynamite next week when it comes to my city of Philadelphia.

In a building I've never been in.

Reactions: Fro

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Can confirm that I will be in attendance of AEW Dynamite next week when it comes to my city of Philadelphia.

In a building I've never been in.

That was really part of the appeal. They’re doing smaller arenas and it’s a fresh look/feel. Its no coincidence they hit Boston and Philly early. The crowd is gonna be nuts next week. You’ll probably get a wild tag tournament match i would assume.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That was really part of the appeal. They’re doing smaller arenas and it’s a fresh look/feel. Its no coincidence they hit Boston and Philly early. The crowd is gonna be nuts next week. You’ll probably get a wild tag tournament match i would assume.
3 tag matches and 2 title matches, so they're loading up the best they can

Reactions: TD Charlie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad