All Elite Wrestling #3: It's time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Sure, but I do not think our context is relevent to these numbers.
I know they have no bearing on actual ratings lol.

Reddit had an even larger gap. When I took a peak it was 8k posts for AEW vs. 1.4k for NXT. Larger sample size. Twitter is all AEW in the trends with no NXT.

Reactions: Cor

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Loved Mox. Absolutely loved Mox.

AEW desperately needs female wrestlers. Their division is thin.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Just getting back from the show and settling in. Unbelievable show. The best wrestling show I’ve seen live or on tv in many many years. Crowd was white freaking hot all night. Somebody screamed burn it down during Dark and the crowd lit him up with boos.

Bucks v PP was a treat start to finish. Everything tag team wrestling should be.

The Jericho promo had me in tears i was laughing and enjoying myself so much.

The main event and the shenanigans after the bell were so hype.

You guys are in for a treat with Dark. Janela v Omega in what was basically a no rules match closed the show.

My takeaways though, these guys just get it. Even in the commercial breaks between matches they kept the crowd involved. Honestly i never felt the downtime. I’ve never been to a wrestling show like that. No awkward silences or 5 minute stretches of staring at a screen. It was so refreshing.

And you can tell these guys want it. They’re having fun and it bleeds all over the arena. Cody gave a nice speech after the show went off air and then Kenny gave the “drive safe goodnight” speech after the Dark taping was done

But really $30 for 3.5 hours of non stop QUALITY wrestling programming. Insane value. If they’re hitting a city within an hour or two drive, please make an effort to catch these guys live.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Jericho is so great at controlling the crowd. A lot of guys would have let the "we the people" chant sink the promo.

It sucks and it’s dead and buried. It was a bad idea from bad creative and that’s gone now.

Crowd lost their collective mind and it was amazing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Jericho shutting down the We the People chant. Darby skating down the damn ramp. Omega showing up with a barbed wire broom.

Big ass brawls.

This was a fun show.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Surprised nobody caught it but Jericho went off on a ref again for nobody apparently having Darby skate out. :laugh:

After doing about 2 or 3 circles with nobody coming out, you can clearly hear him screaming, "SEND HIM!" off camera before attacking the ref.

Charles Robinson probably got PTSD. :laugh:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I enjoyed that episode. It's nice to see old school (ie late 90s early 2000s) style wrestling presentation. Some good wrestling, some good promos, brawls, commentary that doesn't actively detract from what's going on, nothing completely nonsensical. The roster needs to be improved over time but I really like the presentation.

Reactions: Fro

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I think as ratings improve and contracts are up, more ppl are going to slide...they are a legit viable product presented to the fans in a pleasing way...nothing overly forced...hopefully in 2/3/4 months we are saying the same things

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer says NXT didn’t have better wrestling this week, AEW’s first 35 and last 20 mins were tremendous, middle was fine. He suspects a bloodbath in the ratings this week.

NXT honestly just feels like an afterthought to me. They have the developmental, WWE stench to me and I know if I got invested in NXT talent and they eventually moved to Raw or SD everything good about them would be stripped away or their booking would be dog shit. Black looked like the final boss and like a killer in NXT and now he’s talking to himself in a closet ffs.

the wrestling is great, NXT in a vacuum is great, the Takeovers are the best pro wrestling shows - period, but it’s hard to get invested in NXT.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Meltzer says NXT didn’t have better wrestling this week, AEW’s first 35 and last 20 mins were tremendous, middle was fine. He suspects a bloodbath in the ratings this week.

NXT honestly just feels like an afterthought to me. They have the developmental, WWE stench to me and I know if I got invested in NXT talent and they eventually moved to Raw or SD everything good about them would be stripped away or their booking would be dog ****. Black looked like the final boss and like a killer in NXT and now he’s talking to himself in a closet ffs.

the wrestling is great, NXT in a vacuum is great, the Takeovers are the best pro wrestling shows - period, but it’s hard to get invested in NXT.

I kinda expect the ratings to go down a tick for both, now that the first week buzz is out of the way.

Honestly, I genuinely hope both shows start killing RAW and SD. I'd like to think that old geezer will get a clue that nobody likes his shit presentation anymore, but he'd probably just chalk it up to the competitive nature.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I kinda expect the ratings to go down a tick for both, now that the first week buzz is out of the way.

Honestly, I genuinely hope both shows start killing RAW and SD. I'd like to think that old geezer will get a clue that nobody likes his **** presentation anymore, but he'd probably just chalk it up to the competitive nature.
I thought they’d dip too, but then WWE pulled that stunt at HIAC and there’s actual viable competition people can check out now rather than bitch and moan and either not watch wrestling or continue to watch WWE.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see AEW get a bump, honestly.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Dude, they did Kenny Omega vs. Joey Janela in an Unsanctioned match for AEW Dark. God damn lol

It was every bit as insane as you’d expect. I’m not sure how many times i said “this is a dark match they’re not gonna do that...” and then they did it anyway. Honestly they worked it as if it were the main event of a big ppv

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but that Inner Circle T-Shirt is probably the worst looking merch I've seen on Pro Wrestling Tees.

Like, WWE, "The Corre", bad.

Reactions: CPTN71

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
4CFEE863-21A1-45A6-992E-849D9237D8AB.jpeg

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but that Inner Circle T-Shirt is probably the worst looking merch I've seen on Pro Wrestling Tees.

Like, WWE, "The Corre", bad.

I just looked it up. Really? I have the complete opposite opinion and I am very very critical of wrestling shirts, I hate most of them. That's one I would actually wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce