All Elite Wrestling #3: It's time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So... 2 things

1) Allin does not NEED hardcore stuff. That promo explaining why he treats his body the way he does is all that needs to play and he can do a regular match with still selling that same idea. I think that kid is a star. There may even be a Jeff Hardy-like WWE title run moment in there somewhere.

2) Nyla is as bad a wrestler as Nia is. Or a VERY green Braun Strowman. I see so many similarities. Riho reminds me of 1-2-3 Kid. So I was VERY happy she won. That women's division is just waaaay too thin. Over the next 1-2 years it will gain depth. I have faith in the crew.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The comment about "We the People" being dead was an incredible improv.

This was straight out of the original ECW playbook. What made it really great was the fan reaction.

One minute chanting WE THE PEOPLE to gleefully applauding Jericho for saying it was stupid in the first place. What a bunch of dorks :laugh:

That promo, however, was really the main thing that stood out for me in the second episode.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This was straight out of the original ECW playbook. What made it really great was the fan reaction.

One minute chanting WE THE PEOPLE to gleefully applauding Jericho for saying it was stupid in the first place. What a bunch of dorks :laugh:

That promo, however, was really the main thing that stood out for me in the second episode.

I loved 90% of it. And even the stuff i disagree with is VERY VERY debatable if it's even bad. I just wish they constantly ignored WWE. Just do AEW.

I thought the top top top part of the show was that tag match. I watched it twice. Just like I watched Riddle/Cole twice the week before. It was SO good. The storytelling was incredible. I thought both teams sold very very very well. The kip up to holding the back was really smart.

Also announcers were so on point on this show.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I hated Tony in WCW bc he was so over the top, this toned down version is so good...

Ready for JR to transition behind the scenes to help and go Tony/Excalibur/maybe tazz...

Really like the common sense booking they do...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

That whole thing just proved how good Jericho is. That wasn't about getting himself over as the heel, that was him getting the crowd to stop doing WWE stuff (putting them over) at an AEW show, when one of the purposes of people supporting AEW is that WWE sucks.

Oct 18, 2011
I hated Tony in WCW bc he was so over the top, this toned down version is so good...

Ready for JR to transition behind the scenes to help and go Tony/Excalibur/maybe tazz...

Really like the common sense booking they do...
I think JR's ego is too big to be honest with himself. I said it last week I honestly think he's starting to get dementia or something, he can't seem to stay focused on what's going on for long. Everyone talks about how great Excalibur is but he is really green in some areas too, he's great at knowing the moves but JR tee'd him up for something with Sakura and his response was awful he wasn't ready for it which doesn't make sense.

I say this as a JR fan who knows how horribly treated he had been in WWE for a long time but he's gotta be honest with himself and take more of a backseat role, and even if stuff is on the show he doesn't like it's still his job to try and get it over. I know we've seen some headshaking stuff but the announcers can't bury it they've got to just try and pivot away from stuff as best they can

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
The comment about "We the People" being dead was an incredible improv.
It really was. And I think part of why it got the reaction it did is because even though people chant it I think most would agree it was always stupid.

Jericho really is one of the all-timers on the mic. That promo was fantastic.

What really makes a promo or an angle is not only the delivery, but it's making the audience feel like it's real. You couldn't do that better than by saying that's a stupid chant drawn up by a terrible creative team. That was gold.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It really was. And I think part of why it got the reaction it did is because even though people chant it I think most would agree it was always stupid.

Jericho really is one of the all-timers on the mic. That promo was fantastic.

What really makes a promo or an angle is not only the delivery, but it's making the audience feel like it's real. You couldn't do that better than by saying that's a stupid chant drawn up by a terrible creative team. That was gold.

Agreed. The entire promo felt like he was told “you’ve got 10 minutes. Introduce your guys.” And then he took it from there

Reactions: Fro and BGDDYKWL

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Also, I’ll add that i think half the chants in smark crowds like the AEW Boston show or post mania raw, are in jest. Nobody in 2019 is screaming we the people when Hager is in the ring because they want it to come back. It’s going to be chanted because it’s satire at this point, and both the crowds and the guys in the ring are on to it.

It’s all in good fun. Jericho realized and responded in the perfect way. Crowd thought it was clever.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Also, I’ll add that i think half the chants in smark crowds like the AEW Boston show or post mania raw, are in jest. Nobody in 2019 is screaming we the people when Hager is in the ring because they want it to come back. It’s going to be chanted because it’s satire at this point, and both the crowds and the guys in the ring are on to it.

It’s all in good fun. Jericho realized and responded in the perfect way. Crowd thought it was clever.

lol..... the smark crowd.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019

It’s like a glitch in the system that apparently everyone hates nickelback and can’t tell enough people just how much they hate them, yet their sales numbers are matched only by few. Counting error or something.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Aew is doing great during the 1st 2 shows. as of right now 1:Aew 2:nxt and way behind 3:raw/smackdown. can't wait for full gear on November 9th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad