All Elite Wrestling #2: The road to October

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
What if Jericho wins??? We talk about a draw for casuals but Jericho winning shouldn’t be ruled out either.

No name vs Jericho is still a draw for AEW if Moxley isn’t winning the rumble

Also what’s to stop PAC from entering the BR and winning? He doesn’t lose the title and is still with AEW and can drop the dragon gate title before the match up for the AEW title

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
thats what hes doing already. Jericho is there to introduce Omega to many people. Omega is the star here...
so i wouldnt like that decision. (specially an all ex WWE battle for the first championship if theyre throwing Mox)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What if Jericho wins??? We talk about a draw for casuals but Jericho winning shouldn’t be ruled out either.

No name vs Jericho is still a draw for AEW if Moxley isn’t winning the rumble

Also what’s to stop PAC from entering the BR and winning? He doesn’t lose the title and is still with AEW and can drop the dragon gate title before the match up for the AEW title
Lol, you think if PAC was dropping the DG belt anytime soon they wouldn’t have just kept the card as is?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
FIte isn't even showing it. Like 35 bucks for starcast stuff. Boooo. 34.99 is exactly what I would do. $50 - naah. Out.

Reactions: Fro

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Cody revealed a lot of info

- Weekly show will be two hours and live
- Double or Nothing will likely be Dustin’s last match
- World Title may be revealed at DoN. Apparently it’s the best looking World Title
- Hangman will wrestle at DoN, but what he will be doing is unknown

- they already have a good idea of what the next 6 to 12 months will look like (!!!!!!!!!!)

- Cody said people misunderstood his tweet about faces/heels and AEW will still have faces and heels
- there won’t be intentional 50/50 booking
- there will be pyro

- Cody said he thinks what they have booked to happen will make Double or Nothing the best show ever. Tony Khan said similar in an interview as well. Seems to hint at a major surprise.

Reactions: flyersfan187

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Dean Malenko quit last month after 18 years with WWE and signed as Senior Producer and Coach.

Stinko Malenko

When he unmasked himself in the Ciclope gear, i lost my shit.

I just wanna see Jericho and Malenko have a quick stare down backstage. Jericho on his way out to the ramp and he passes Malenko, stops and does a double take, and the two just give each other a quick nod of respect.

I need it

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
(facebook, dont know if they show)
(pro wrestling and MMA world)

Cody makes fun of Bailey:

Cody and Bucks making fun of 24/7

Reactions: RANKKA

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Interesting. Does Cody imply Bayley is a ***** with that first clip? Seems like a strange, unprovoked shot with almost no context. Weirdly specific too with "pretending to be nice"

I understand they have reason to be proud/confident but god damn this press conference was just the bucks and cody blowing hot air. WWE sucks this, WWE sucks that. TNA-ish.

Edit: Cody saying he didn't mean it like that on twitter, kinda funny how he's the one always getting buttmad about the people on twitter/dirtsheets/etc and now the shoe's on the other foot

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
If they’re saying the WWE sucks how is that blowing hot air? Sounds like they’re dead on.

I watched some of that interview posted early with Cody and it was really good. Didn’t seem to be blowing hot air.

Reactions: RANKKA

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
They're absolutely not wrong about WWE sucking ass. Anyone can tell you that.

It just looks kinda arrogant and stupid when they haven't even had their first PPV and they're already trying to jab at the competition. It's essentially what TNA did from day 1 and look how that turned out.

I'm saying that too as someone who has respect for Cody and the Bucks, especially the latter since they became big time without the WWE machine. Just a bad look.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
- Cody said people misunderstood his tweet about faces/heels and AEW will still have faces and heels

I remember that one. I don't think that people misunderstood it, but I'm glad that he walked it back.

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If they’re saying the WWE sucks how is that blowing hot air? Sounds like they’re dead on.

I watched some of that interview posted early with Cody and it was really good. Didn’t seem to be blowing hot air.

How do you know WWE is sucking ass? Because if WWE weren't sucking ass, then there wouldn't be this kind of white space for AEW.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Evidently Jericho wasn't invited to the TNT upfronts because they felt he and Omega shouldn't be in the same room without a brawl happening, and that probably wouldn't look good in front of potential sponsors and advertisers.

Sounds like a Jericho call, honestly. Though if you wanted to protect that rivalry, you probably shouldn't have gone on your podcast the day after the Tokyo Dome fight and shot about the angle while acting buddy buddy.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
They're absolutely not wrong about WWE sucking ass. Anyone can tell you that.

It just looks kinda arrogant and stupid when they haven't even had their first PPV and they're already trying to jab at the competition. It's essentially what TNA did from day 1 and look how that turned out.

I'm saying that too as someone who has respect for Cody and the Bucks, especially the latter since they became big time without the WWE machine. Just a bad look.

I mean, if it draws it draws. Seems like bashing WWE right now makes people happy, so go do it. wrt TNA, people weren't really unhappy with the WWE at that time, as the product was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad