All Elite Wrestling #2: The road to October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
fite tv has it at 34.99 but im not sure if its US$
but ive read it was the way to go in Canada...

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
They’ll have Mox debut on the pre-show though?

I guess it needs to be a surprise. Out of the list, like, Shawn Spears is the only guy who could maybe do something

Ehh... Having him show up in a battle royal seems kinda underwhelming.

I can actually see them purposely going with two non-WWE guys to start, just so as not to get the reputation TNA had of taking WWE cast offs and using them at the top.

No doubt Moxley should be at the top, but I can see them avoiding that to start, just to stave off that stigma.

Oct 18, 2011
I mean....he does have a decades old established submission finisher too...

I like the idea behind the finisher if done well. The simple quick strike finishers are gorgeous and look vicious as hell when the right person is giving and receiving.
Yeah I'd say go with the walls but if he's a heel he probably won't beat alot of babyfaces with it

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
tumblr_otf7wyiTdo1rwax6fo1_500.gif

The promotion is a bust if Glacier doesn't get his full entrance.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Ehh... Having him show up in a battle royal seems kinda underwhelming.

I can actually see them purposely going with two non-WWE guys to start, just so as not to get the reputation TNA had of taking WWE cast offs and using them at the top.

No doubt Moxley should be at the top, but I can see them avoiding that to start, just to stave off that stigma.
I wouldn't mind him being in the battle royal.

I like the format they have for it, on paper at least. Five start in the ring, then five more go in, then the next five, then five again. With the final guy going in last, alone. So it's got a built in position for a star guy to be placed. Cody (I think it was him) also said that they want to make the match into a Royal Rumble equivalent match, so having a star win the first one would be a good move to make that the case.

There's also value on putting what would be your biggest signing on a show everyone can see, and it advertises the big match that's coming with a guy who the casuals will know.

As for casts offs, there's a big difference between Moxley and a cast off. In WWE he was a star, always one of the top guys. The TNA problem was that you'd have a random low- or mid-card guy be treated like a top guy when really never were. It would be like Dillinger/Spears winning the match and pretending that he wasn't a nothing-guy.

But in general I agree that you want to avoid being the ex-WWE guy place.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the battle royal entrants come in waves with lucky number 21 coming alone

theyre setting up for #21 to be a huge surprise tbh

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I would agree, him at 21 makes sense...but he shouldn't win...he is a star, this is a chance to showcase someone who is a threat...money to be made in moxley chasing

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i get why AEW would want or need a Moxley and of course push him.
but i just simply never cared about Ambrose to be exited about it.......

Reactions: RANKKA

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Don't blame you, but that's also goofy, hokey, "Lunatic Fringe" WWE Ambrose.

Whose only solo heel run was taking needles in the ass and blaming Roman's cancer on karma.

I think he's got a great heel run in him, or an anti-hero babyface. Neither of which he ever got to show in WWE.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

You don’t need to care for Dean Ambrose to care for Jon Moxley.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
You don’t need to care for Dean Ambrose to care for Jon Moxley.
well you know i watch my wrestling and have seen his idiotic hardcore crap before wwe.
he used to throw great promos...... but i dont care about that only.
the talent in the company is there and he's a huge name, i get that. i wont argue that.
im simply saying there is a list of people signed that i care WAY more than this guy. im not against him signing or anything.

-also Page confirms he's officially out of DON due to "injuries" in the PAC match.

Reactions: Fro

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
my english sucks here, so im just trying to repeat;
Cody just said in a live interview with TNT's Chris Van Vleet that AEW is looking to do a the LIVE 2h show in different cities at the same time.

(i guess like Impact has been doing, but live? show matches from other "indy" companies with your roster)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I would agree, him at 21 makes sense...but he shouldn't win...he is a star, this is a chance to showcase someone who is a threat...money to be made in moxley chasing
Look who's in that battle royal. There's no one that can credibly compete against Kenny Omega for the title but Moxley.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Ambrose is the obvious choice because WWE. but if a hardcore idiot is gonna win it, then lets go with Jimmy Havoc. who can actually do good stuff in the ring.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ambrose is the obvious choice because WWE. but if a hardcore idiot is gonna win it, then lets go with Jimmy Havoc. who can actually do good stuff in the ring.
they're fighting to get eyeballs on their TV product. If Moxley is there, available, and signed, there's no one else BUT Moxley that should be in that spot.

Moxley is going to be the biggest draw in that company if he signs, simple as that.

I'm also all here for Omega vs. Moxley if it happens. An inspired Mox with new creative freedom? Yes, please.

Reactions: TimeZone

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
so it seems AEW will be airing on ITV4 in the UK. thats great, weekly wrestling on freeview will be huge. might poach away alot of fans who dont wanna pay for BT sport to watch weekly

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
That's on me, I'd have to go see who is officially in it

MJF was Cody's pick for AEW. he loves him. he wanted him in AEW.
theres lots of talents. im affraid people are only looking at the WWe bubble.... which is what AEW wanted to avoid.

like what happens when Kenny wins? no one deserves to challenge him? this is their roster. this is what they have.
this is what we got exited for in the first place. but nope! now no one is as good or deserves it more than Moxley.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
MJF was Cody's pick for AEW. he loves him. he wanted him in AEW.
theres lots of talents. im affraid people are only looking at the WWe bubble.... which is what AEW wanted to avoid.

like what happens when Kenny wins? no one deserves to challenge him? this is their roster. this is what they have.
this is what we got exited for in the first place. but nope! now no one is as good or deserves it more than Moxley.
It's fine if they're not on national TV. They can say they're not competing with WWE all they want, but they are. TNT isn't putting them on to play with themselves.

This roster is a bunch of nobodies to casuals. Don't look at the people who post on message boards and at least have some knowledge of the talent. They have to do extensive work to build these characters and get them over for TV.

The rumoured timeline is that the champion will be crowned in time for the premier in October, but I may have my timeline off a bit there. Put anyone but Moxley vs. Kenny, and you KNOW Kenny is winning. Put Moxley in there and you don't know, because you don't know if Mox might just go full heel and cheat to win, and then either way, you either have Kenny, one of the best wrestlers in the world carrying the belt for the premier, or you have Mox, the biggest draw in AEW carrying it for their TV premier. It's not a difficult concept to understand. Those names in the battle royal need to be built up once they're on TV.

No one wants them to become TNA 2.0 with all the former WWE talents, but they're 100% stupid if Moxley is willing to sign and they don't do it because they don't want to be looked at a certain way. This isn't a nobody who used to work for WWE. He was one of their top guys, sold a shit ton of merch and was loved everywhere.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i mean i already said Ambrose its the obvious choice. no one cant argue that he's big because WWE.

BUT i was ALL IN when they announced AEW before a Moxley was available.
sign him, push him, i dont care at all. i just prefer they would go with people who they had since they one.

like seriously f*** it and push Hangman now. dont wait for PAC.

Reactions: Fro

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Yeah, would be cool to me if hangman was in the battle royal and if he won over mox, all for it...hangman vs mox is interesting to me...and a good filler until omega/mox...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad