Proposal: All Bruins Trade Rumours /Proposals VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'm really starting to wonder if DeBrusk would be better suited playing w/ Coyle. IDK his style just doesn't seem to work with Krejci. DeBrusk is a north/south skate with speed, while Krejci is a east/west change of pace player. Its not a knock on DeBrusk, I actually think he'd benefit more from playing with a guy like Coyle who can suck defenses in with this puck protection, leaving DeBrusk out front for some quality looks.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Bjork - Krejci - Heinen
DeBrusk - Coyle - Senyshyn

^that would be my top 9.

I'm all for a change like that, but I think they need to seriously consider a massive shakeup with the top 9, at least for a few games. They're on a 12 game run, which isn't a small sample size at this point, where the offense, and specifically the powerplay, has dried up. Cassidy can't just keep throwing out the same players hoping for different results.

Now, he's been willing to mix it up just a littler bit with the 2nd and 3rd lines, but he's scared to death to even touch the 1st line. They've won 1 of their last 8 games. How much worse can things really get if you split them up? It feels like more than just a bad streak of play. Even before this stretch, they really weren't playing that well at the end of their 8 game win streak. See if spreading out some of that talent can invigorate the other lines. If it doesn't work, you can always go back to it.

Reactions: Strafer

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Here's my concern....JDB hasn't been great - but he has 8 goal in 32 games.

If they move him out to get a winger for the other side of Krejci -- who is going to slide into JDB's spot? The options are other guys with less goals in more games than him.

They need to keep JDB and get someone better to play with him and Krejci, IMO.

Bjork slides into Debrusk's spot. I think that Bjork is as good as, if not better, than Jake. Give Bjork the linemates and opportunities that Debrusk has had and he will equal or exceed the latter's points totals. Bjork also does PK, which Debrusk does not.

I'd dangle Debrusk as part of a package to Anaheim to get Rakell, for example.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I showed a few stills of Heinen last night as (Barzal i think) was cutting through the ice. Heinen literally went out of his way not to make contact and tossed out a lazy stick check. He literally had him in the train tracks for some open ice body contact and he went out of his way to avoid it. I do not want to see that shit in the post season, despite it "not being his game" he needs to take the body there. It's something that's severely lacking in the top 9 and for a big cup run, it will need to be addressed.

Reactions: Strafer and sarge88

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
They both have 5 goals at this point.

And pretty significantly different ice-time and usage, not to mention linemates much of the time. Bjork is never going to do his best with Sean Kuraly as his center.

Johansson plays regularly with a combination of Skinner, Eichel, Reinhart and Olofsson on a line, no? He also sees powerplay time. If Bjork enjoyed all that, then he'd be outproducing MJ. So, I'd say that the two being tied in goals at this stage of the season is a point in Bjork's favor.

Reactions: Strafer and Dr Hook

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
You you clearly underrate this team if you actually think this will continue for the rest of the season and won't make the playoffs because of it. Talk about an overreaction.
Underestimate, they have 1 good line and part of a second line. These guys will get burnt out if nothing changes. The bottom 6 offer little if any scoring.

Their defensive zone coverage quite often breaks down. In addition, Rask does not look in the zone.

Does not instill confidence.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Johansson plays regularly with a combination of Skinner, Eichel, Reinhart and Olofsson on a line, no? He also sees powerplay time. If Bjork enjoyed all that, then he'd be outproducing MJ. So, I'd say that the two being tied in goals at this stage of the season is a point in Bjork's favor.

Correct.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Underestimate, they have 1 good line and part of a second line. These guys will get burnt out if nothing changes. The bottom 6 offer little if any scoring.

Their defensive zone coverage quite often breaks down. In addition, Rask does not look in the zone.

So how many teams have bottom six players that offer more than a little scoring?

Islanders are suppose to have the best 4th line in the game. They have a combined 10 goals. Nordstrom, Wagner and Kuraly have 9.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

They have lost 7 times in regulation. It’s almost Christmas.

1 (one) team has more points than them. 0 (zero) teams in the east have a better goal differential

Reactions: Jdavidev

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Bjork slides into Debrusk's spot. I think that Bjork is as good as, if not better, than Jake. Give Bjork the linemates and opportunities that Debrusk has had and he will equal or exceed the latter's points totals. Bjork also does PK, which Debrusk does not.

I'd dangle Debrusk as part of a package to Anaheim to get Rakell, for example.

I like Bjork's skill level, but in no way am I comfortable penciling him into the top 6.

Fair or not, I'm just waiting for his annual season ending injury at this point.

DeBrusk for all his faults at least has proven to be durable enough to play in 65+ games per year. He's no Yandle in that regard, but he's been more reliable than Bjork.

If they moved JDB and brought in someone to replace him and Bjork went down again, they'd be worse off than now.

Personally, I'd move out Bjork or Heinen before JDB, but Bjork's lower salary makes him less sensible to move.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
St. Louis certainly worked over our 4th line at times in the Final. It is frustrating to see the Bruins' situation at RW after Pastrnak. They need better options there and should keep Coyle at center...of course beating a dead horse...but is it too much to ask to have more than one non 4th line natural RW on the roster?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I'm really starting to wonder if DeBrusk would be better suited playing w/ Coyle. IDK his style just doesn't seem to work with Krejci. DeBrusk is a north/south skate with speed, while Krejci is a east/west change of pace player. Its not a knock on DeBrusk, I actually think he'd benefit more from playing with a guy like Coyle who can suck defenses in with this puck protection, leaving DeBrusk out front for some quality looks.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Bjork - Krejci - Heinen
DeBrusk - Coyle - Senyshyn

^that would be my top 9.

see but that 2nd line blows.
I would swap pasta with heinen, then you have some balanced scoring

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I showed a few stills of Heinen last night as (Barzal i think) was cutting through the ice. Heinen literally went out of his way not to make contact and tossed out a lazy stick check. He literally had him in the train tracks for some open ice body contact and he went out of his way to avoid it. I do not want to see that **** in the post season, despite it "not being his game" he needs to take the body there. It's something that's severely lacking in the top 9 and for a big cup run, it will need to be addressed.
When you are far and away the softest forward on one of the softest forward groups in the league it speaks volumes what he really brings. Been a long time since I have seen a player avoid contact like Heinen does. While I have accepted his offensive short comings if he is going to make it as a good defensive first player he needs to add some physical play to his game.

Right now his "cerebral" game is not helping the Bruins, his minutes could be better used by Gaunce, Frederic or Cehlarik. To say nothing of Senyshyn when he has played himself into game shape in Providence and Kuhlman when healthy.

The experiment needs to end. if they opt to keep him on this team and not make a move with Providence then give Bjork his ice time, while not Cam Neely at least he may score, can skate and doesn't run from contact. If their is a team that still looks at analytics before watching a player ship him to them, get what you can and get dangerous Danton out of here. Enough is enough.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I dislike the "HABS" as much as anyone but they are really playing well and the real Price has returned. They outshoot all of their opponents and with good qualty shots.

In addition, they will soon have Drouin, Byron and Mete returning.

The Bruins have no one returning with that much impact.

It is what it is, like it or not. Something needs to be done to this team as far as secondary scoring and they could also use a little muscle.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
When you are far and away the softest forward on one of the softest forward groups in the league it speaks volumes what he really brings. Been a long time since I have seen a player avoid contact like Heinen does. While I have accepted his offensive short comings if he is going to make it as a good defensive first player he needs to add some physical play to his game.

Right now his "cerebral" game is not helping the Bruins, his minutes could be better used by Gaunce, Frederic or Cehlarik. To say nothing of Senyshyn when he has played himself into game shape in Providence and Kuhlman when healthy.

The experiment needs to end. if they opt to keep him on this team and not make a move with Providence then give Bjork his ice time, while not Cam Neely at least he may score, can skate and doesn't run from contact. If their is a team that still looks at analytics before watching a player ship him to them, get what you can and get dangerous Danton out of here. Enough is enough.

By the numbers, Debrusk is the softest forward on this team.

12 hits, 6 blocked shots.

Heinen:

15 hits, 25 blocked shots. At least he gets in front of the puck.

Reactions: Lo97 and Estlin

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Cehlarik better than Heinen is lol funny

Yeah I wonder why people feel like they need to defend him. Not like anybody here is throwing trash takes out about him :sarcasm:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I dislike the "HABS" as much as anyone but they are really playing well and the real Price has returned. They outshoot all of their opponents and with good qualty shots.

In addition, they will soon have Drouin, Byron and Mete returning.

The Bruins have no one returning with that much impact.

It is what it is, like it or not. Something needs to be done to this team as far as secondary scoring and they could also use a little muscle.

The Habs are the ultimate hot and cold team in hockey, they do this every year. Soon enough the losses will start coming, trust me, this is a constant pattern with them.

Reactions: bbfan419

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Yeah I wonder why people feel like they need to defend him. Not like anybody here is throwing trash takes out about him :sarcasm:
I'm done with Cehlarik.

I'm not a Heinen fan but i take him 10/10

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
By the numbers, Debrusk is the softest forward on this team.

12 hits, 6 blocked shots.

Heinen:

15 hits, 25 blocked shots. At least he gets in front of the puck.

No one is softer on this team then Heinen, not only does he shy from contact, he is easily pushed off the puck from just about any of our opposition. The only asset he brings to the arena is his hockey IQ, everything else, skating, shooting, scoring, physical play is below average for the NHL.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

I would throw a trash can at him to see if it would make his pulse rate increase any. I have tried to appreciate his defensive game, tried to look for positives in his game. The positives are so few and far between that I have given up, at this point I would Team Heinen to cry in their Danton PJ's as he scores for another team, he brings nothing to the top 6 and very little to the bottom six.

Are there worse players in the league? Sure, but not many who provide less effort. Maybe it was because JFK was around and I have never seen a player as apathetic or flat out gutless as him that Danton wasn't as annoying last year, maybe he was better. This year he sucks. Replace him. If they are not going to give up picks/prospects to improve the top 6 find an Yzerman or Dubais who loves his numbers and soft players and move him out. The joke of being unable to find another top 6 forward is old, putting Heinen in that roll makes it a black comedy on par with "War of The Roses"

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I would throw a trash can at him to see if it would make his pulse rate increase any. I have tried to appreciate his defensive game, tried to look for positives in his game. The positives are so few and far between that I have given up, at this point I would Team Heinen to cry in their Danton PJ's as he scores for another team, he brings nothing to the top 6 and very little to the bottom six.

Are there worse players in the league? Sure, but not many who provide less effort. Maybe it was because JFK was around and I have never seen a player as apathetic or flat out gutless as him that Danton wasn't as annoying last year, maybe he was better. This year he sucks. Replace him. If they are not going to give up picks/prospects to improve the top 6 find an Yzerman or Dubais who loves his numbers and soft players and move him out. The joke of being unable to find another top 6 forward is old, putting Heinen in that roll makes it a black comedy on par with "War of The Roses"

What did he do, knock up your sister and skip town? Damn man :laugh:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Please, be serious.

Reactions: Lo97 and Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad