Proposal: All Bruins Trade Rumours /Proposals VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don't believe in untouchables. I would trade Bergeron in the right deal.

That said, I think those that don't want to trade Heinen are over valuing him and those that want to are undervaluing him.

Hopefully there are some GMs around the league who are in the overvalue section, but I don't think there'll be. Basically Heinen is a safe player who's a 3rd line winger, who can play up when need which makes him an asset for Sweeney and the Bruins, as every team around the league can use a Danton Heinen type in their line-up.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hopefully there are some GMs around the league who are in the overvalue section, but I don't think there'll be. Basically Heinen is a safe player who's a 3rd line winger, who can play up when need which makes him an asset for Sweeney and the Bruins, as every team around the league can use a Danton Heinen type in their line-up.

That is precisely what he is. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

I don’t think anybody is in this thread saying he’s untouchable either so the people that get mad when people give him praise for what he is are laughable to me. On the other end of the spectrum though people are comparing him AHLers.

One sides very disingenuous

Reactions: TCB

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

That said, I think those that don't want to trade Heinen are over valuing him and those that want to are undervaluing him.

Dead on post. No one is untouchable and should be dealt for the right deal. As much as I defend Heinen, I would 100% deal him in the right deal.

One thing I learned about deals doing sales years ago....a good deal is a state of mind. What I think is a good deal may not seem like a good deal to others.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dead on post. No one is untouchable and should be dealt for the right deal. As much as I defend Heinen, I would 100% deal him in the right deal.

One thing I learned about deals doing sales years ago....a good deal is a state of mind. What I think is a good deal may not seem like a good deal to others.

The way trades are made today as opposed to a few years ago is that every single NHL team puts a value on analytics and every team employs an analytics department (not just one person anymore).

Is there to much emphasis in analytics? Not for me to answer. Guys like John Chayka, Kyle Dubas and Stan Bowman have changed the thought process when it comes to trades.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The way trades are made today as opposed to a few years ago is that every single NHL team puts a value on analytics and every team employs an analytics department (not just one person anymore).

Is there to much emphasis in analytics? Not for me to answer. Guys like John Chayka, Kyle Dubas and Stan Bowman have changed the thought process when it comes to trades.

Waa just talking to my co-worker today (Rangers fan) about what Chayka has done in Arz. It wasn't a quick drastic change, but hes had a plan and stayed to it. I mean who would have thought 4 years ago that Taylor Hall and Phil Kessel would be playing in Arizona.

Reactions: CDJ and lost peanut

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I've tried to stay out of the Heinen discussion, especially since this is the trade rumors thread, but I agree with @TCB and @CDJ 's posts.

There are some who believe that those who defend Heinen think he's an amazing player. That's not true. We think he's a solid player who provides strong defensive play at forward with the versatility to play up and down the lineup. That's a good value for what they're paying him. He's also probably more valuable to the Bruins than what they could get back in a trade.

The problem that those of us in the "Danton Heinen Fan Club" have is posters who act like he sucks, is the worst player on the team, and isn't even an NHL-caliber player. None of those things are true. So maybe some of us defend him too vociferously, but those who don't like him conflate not liking his style of play with thinking that he's bad at playing hockey.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Waa just talking to my co-worker today (Rangers fan) about what Chayka has done in Arz. It wasn't a quick drastic change, but hes had a plan and stayed to it. I mean who would have thought 4 years ago that Taylor Hall and Phil Kessel would be playing in Arizona.

Bowman and the Hawks don't get enough credit/flak (depending on what side of the fence you're on) for analytics. Hawks were heavily invested in it long before anyone else.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
The main difference I see between the two of them is that JDB willingly puts himself in postions where he's going to get hit much more often than Heinen.

Maybe it's because Heinen reads the play better -- although I don't really believe that -- or maybe I'm entirely wrong. But when I think about a snapshot of the two of them playing hockey -- I see JDB getting hit or trying to plow through an opponent and I see Heinen trying to poke check his way around a guy.

I don't know if there's a stat that tracks how many times a player receives a body check or not, but in my minds eye, I'd think JDB would be ahead of Heinen in that stat by about a 3 or 4 to 1 ratio.

I would agree with that observation. I do think DeBrusk needs to take the body more frequently, but in terms of getting his nose dirty and taking punishment to make a play, he's far from soft. I'd liken it to someone like Taylor Hall. Clearly not afraid or soft. Though again, I'd like to see him take the body more. Too many fly by's. Nobody is asking him to go out there looking to make the big hit, but sometimes the best play is to take the body.....

I also find it frustrating that it seems like Marchand and Pastrnak are the only two forwards will take the green light hit when it's in front of them. Wagner will go looking for it on occasion. A physical presence in the top-9 is a must IMO.

Heinen to me, doesn't move the needle at all....in any direction. He's just kind of there.... Never exceptionally good.... or exceptionally bad. You don't get the flashes you get with DeBrusk or even Bjork that make you think top-6 forward. I don't understand the hurry to drive him to the airport though. He's fine as a middle-6 filler. Maybe he's the "young NHL roster player" who gets thrown into a bigger deal, but otherwise I think he's fine as the 9th or so forward on the depth chart who can move up and down the lineup. The grass isn't always greener.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Mark my words if something constructive is not done then they may not even make the playoffs.

Should they keep up with their current pace after the last 10 games they could only end up with 90 points or so.

They can't beat anyone at the current time. Donny do something to fix the situation or say goodbye to the season.

I truly believe that they are in big trouble. People overrate many of the current players.
This is one of the worst posts I’ve seen on here for a long time. Not even worth the effort to point out the ridiculous flaws it contains. Get a grip.

Tazz

Oct 4, 2017
I would agree with that observation. I do think DeBrusk needs to take the body more frequently, but in terms of getting his nose dirty and taking punishment to make a play, he's far from soft. I'd liken it to someone like Taylor Hall. Clearly not afraid or soft. Though again, I'd like to see him take the body more. Too many fly by's. Nobody is asking him to go out there looking to make the big hit, but sometimes the best play is to take the body.....

I also find it frustrating that it seems like Marchand and Pastrnak are the only two forwards will take the green light hit when it's in front of them. Wagner will go looking for it on occasion. A physical presence in the top-9 is a must IMO.

Heinen to me, doesn't move the needle at all....in any direction. He's just kind of there.... Never exceptionally good.... or exceptionally bad. You don't get the flashes you get with DeBrusk or even Bjork that make you think top-6 forward. I don't understand the hurry to drive him to the airport though. He's fine as a middle-6 filler. Maybe he's the "young NHL roster player" who gets thrown into a bigger deal, but otherwise I think he's fine as the 9th or so forward on the depth chart who can move up and down the lineup. The grass isn't always greener.

Well said, I feel the same way with HEINEN, like having him but if he was part of a trade that finally brought us that ideal 2nd line RW for KREJCI, I wouldn't hesitate. I would rather it be him then either BJORK or DEBRUSK as I suspect they have a higher ceiling that they have not tapped into of yet and I suspect HEINEN has reached his, that being a defensively relaiable 30-35 point third line winger who can move up for short periods if the need arises.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Mark my words if something constructive is not done then they may not even make the playoffs.

Should they keep up with their current pace after the last 10 games they could only end up with 90 points or so
They can't beat anyone at the current time. Donny do something to fix the situation or say goodbye to the season.

I truly believe that they are in big trouble. People overrate many of the current players.
a week or two ago I would have thought you were nuts. I'm kind of thinking you might be right as the losses pile up.

Reactions: Strafer

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
I've tried to stay out of the Heinen discussion, especially since this is the trade rumors thread, but I agree with @TCB and @CDJ 's posts.

There are some who believe that those who defend Heinen think he's an amazing player. That's not true. We think he's a solid player who provides strong defensive play at forward with the versatility to play up and down the lineup. That's a good value for what they're paying him. He's also probably more valuable to the Bruins than what they could get back in a trade.

The problem that those of us in the "Danton Heinen Fan Club" have is posters who act like he sucks, is the worst player on the team, and isn't even an NHL-caliber player. None of those things are true. So maybe some of us defend him too vociferously, but those who don't like him conflate not liking his style of play with thinking that he's bad at playing hockey.

Agree with all of your post,especially the bolded.

Reactions: Strafer

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yes, I really like Heinen and his game and I think there is more to come out of him offensively. He is still a young player in NHL terms. Some players take more time than others to develop certain skills. An obvious example is Brad Marchand. Who here thought the 3rd year Brad would develop in a 100 point guy and arguably the best in his position in the entire league? Would I trade Heinen? Absolutely in the right deal. I'd even be for moving Grizz in the right deal if it made the Bruins a legitimately better team.

Reactions: neelynugs

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Yes, I really like Heinen and his game and I think there is more to come out of him offensively. He is still a young player in NHL terms. Some players take more time than others to develop certain skills. An obvious example is Brad Marchand. Who here thought the 3rd year Brad would develop in a 100 point guy and arguably the best in his position in the entire league? Would I trade Heinen? Absolutely in the right deal. I'd even be for moving Grizz in the right deal if it made the Bruins a legitimately better team.

I agree with the fact that some players take longer to develop than others, but I don't see Heinen development increasing. He's the type of player, that what you see is what you get, a responsible, versatile forward but not a game changer and a player any GM would want in a trade because they know what their getting.

His versatility to play the off wing has kept him in a top six role here in Boston only because they have Pastrnak and a lot of bodies on the Right side. He's basically keeping it warm until Sweeney brings in a true top six forward. This doesn't by no means make Heinen a bad/sucky player, he's actually a good player asking to fill a void in the Bruins line-up that Sweeney hasn't been able to address and a lot of the accountability has fallen on Heinen because he's been placed in that role.

Reactions: Strafer and Number8

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I thought Brad Marchand was a marginal agitator when he first showed up on the scene. That tells you two important things:

1) I would be the worst GM in the League.
2) Dr. Hook is right. Players develop and grow at different rates. Lately the League has seen, what seems to me, an increase in the number of young players that step right in and contribute on a major level earlier than it seems in the past. However, not everyone does that and throwing baby out with the bath water is not usually a good plan.

Not sure why Heinen is so polarizing. He’s fine and I expect will have a long and productive career.

He is not our problem. We need second line scoring. If Heinen does not currently solve that need, it does not mean he is a problem.

For the record, I think Rask and Halak have been brutal in terms of secondary scoring for this team. Shamefully so, even.

Reactions: CDJ and Dr Hook

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
a week or two ago I would have thought you were nuts. I'm kind of thinking you might be right as the losses pile up.
their lead in the division has grown though. i think people are overrating the other teams in our division. i think we finish 1 toronto 2 and tampa 3

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
their lead in the division has grown though. i think people are overrating the other teams in our division. i think we finish 1 toronto 2 and tampa 3
I would appreciate it if you would not debunk the hysteria with logic or facts. What are you thinking?

#blowitupdonny
#we’redoomed
#wesuck,very badly
#tanktime
#tradeMarchyforpickswhilestillcan

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Fair enough, but the proof would be in the return.

Seems like 1/2 of the board thinks him for Anderson (pre-injury) would be fair.

1/4 feel the B’s would need to add and the other 1/4 thinks Columbus would need to add.

We really won’t know unless he’s moved....

Maybe not even then.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
The Skate Podcast: Chris Kreider might jump to top of list of NHL rentals

Taylor Hall has gone from New Jersey to Arizona, resetting the market for rental trades.

On this week’s The Skate Podcast, TSN hockey insider Bob McKenzie, the “Bobfather” himself, joined co-hosts Matt Kalman and Ken Laird to talk react to the Hall trade, and envision what the future holds for other players in in the contract year, including Torey Krug.

When asked which player might be the next big-name UFA-to-be to come up in trade talks, McKenzie brought up a player the Bruins should be interested in: New York Rangers wing Chris Kreider.

“The one that’ll be interesting is Chris Kreider,” McKenzie said. “He’s a big body, likes to introduce himself to goaltenders around the league. Probably not playing at the top of this game. New York might have some interest in re-signing him. But there’s the sense that if he could get a first-round pick and a prospect for him that maybe he would move. So I would think Kreider might become that rental flavor of the week, month, whatever, now that Hall’s gone.”

After McKenzie signed off, Kalman and Laird continued to ponder Kreider coming to the Bruins.

“I just wonder what the price will be. I guess if Taylor Hall sets the price at the top, Kreider probably a notch down, and so we know Jeff Gorton and Don Sweeney have made plenty of trades together,” Kalman said.

Laird pointed out that there might be too many Massachusetts natives populating the Bruins’ roster to add the Boxford native to the lineup.

“No, at one point you might say ‘oh god, they’re just getting Massachusetts guys’ because when Mike O’Connell used to get those guys in the ‘90s, it never worked. But all of a sudden they found this batch of hometown guys that can actually handle playing here, which is pretty amazing,” Kalman said.

Chris Wagner, Charlie Coyle and Matt Grzelcyk have all thrived in Boston.

“These guys know how to handle it and know how to play. And that goes back to the Bruins being judges of character. And assuming that they think Kreider’s personality would fit here, he’s definitely the guy you want to have to play with Krejci possibly, maybe to play with Bergeron, but more than anything fewer teams will be pushing you around if Chris Kreider’s in their goalie’s face.”

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Ferlands name popping up in some rumours already...sometimes the best offseason moves are the ones that you don't do.

I was at the rink watching him workout before returning. He may be closer to that 'one-hit away' than Bergeron. He just can't find a rhythm here in Vancouver and seems to be getting worse injury-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad