Proposal: All Bruins Trade Rumours /Proposals VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
We have a top 3 GM in hockey, I’d say he does his job.

Every team can stand to make upgrades. Bruins can too. Doesn’t mean they aren’t the 2nd best team in the league or whatever

We have zero cap room a team filled with one dimensional players. He's job rating is living on an amazing first line and goaltending that has been playing over its head. Wait until we have to cut players when we get healthy to fit under the cap.

What we see now is what happens when all the stars are not aligned and talent has to win out. Last year was a fluke and anybody with any hockey credibility will admit that.

This team as it sits today will be lucky to beat anyone in the first round this year. In fact It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see this downfall continue.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
We have zero cap room a team filled with one dimensional players. He's job rating is living on an amazing first line and goaltending that has been playing over its head. Wait until we have to cut players when we get healthy to fit under the cap.

What we see now is what happens when all the stars are not aligned and talent has to win out. Last year was a fluke and anybody with any hockey credibility will admit that.

This team as it sits today will be lucky to beat anyone in the first round this year. In fact It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see this downfall continue.

It’s been about three years now of being a top team. They are that good and you’re way overreacting. Take a deep breath; you’re better than this

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Interesting

how I see it

Bergeron 1
Pastrnak-1
Marchand 1
Krejci 2
DeBrusk 2/3
Coyle 3/2
Heinen 3/2
Bjork 3
Kuhlman 3/4
Backes 3/4
Wagner 4
Ritchie 4
Kuraly 4
Nordstrom 4

I got 8 legit players who grade top 9

Did we cut Lindholm? Other than that we are close. My opinion Debrusk and Coyle are solid third liners, neither guy belongs on a healthy rosters second line.

We need two legit NHL second line wings to squeeze another few years out Krejci

Reactions: bbfan419 and Dizzay

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
It’s been about three years now of being a top team. They are that good and you’re way overreacting. Take a deep breath; you’re better than this

Time will tell, I hope i'm wrong but good teams don't lose what 7 out of the last 8? Cant put a positive spin on that, god knows I tried :)

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Time will tell, I hope i'm wrong but good teams don't lose what 7 out of the last 8? Cant put a positive spin on that, god knows I tried :)

Imo their needs are the same now that they were in October when they couldn’t lose. As much as this sucks to watch, nothing has actually changed for them. I‘m trying not to get too caught up in this stretch. I want them to start winning again because it’s more fun to watch, but ultimately we all know, this year more than ever, that none of this matters until the spring

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Honestly, I am still going back to Kovalchuk. Roll these lines out there:

Marchand - Bergeron - Bjork
Kovalchuk - Krejci - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Coyle - Senyshyn/Kuhlman/X
4th line

Lucic - Krejci - Horton was never known to be a defensively sound 2nd line. The Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak line is getting the most offensive zone starts but have not been able to do much together for a while. Give the 2nd line the majority offensive zone starts, and let Marchand and Bergeron do what they do best and play two-way hockey. It will ease off some pressure on the other lines as well.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Did we cut Lindholm? Other than that we are close. My opinion Debrusk and Coyle are solid third liners, neither guy belongs on a healthy rosters second line.

We need two legit NHL second line wings to squeeze another few years out Krejci
DeBrusk scored 27 golds in 65 games prorated to 33 st age 22

I watched him tons live in Providence he is 200% top 6 talent

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere

4th line

Lucic - Krejci - Horton was never known to be a defensively sound 2nd line. The Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak line is getting the most offensive zone starts but have not been able to do much together for a while. Give the 2nd line the majority offensive zone starts, and let Marchand and Bergeron do what they do best and play two-way hockey. It will ease off some pressure on the other lines as well.

I feel Cassidy would object thinking that 2nd line would make more turnovers than a south end pastry shop.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
didn’t the roster freeze start at midnight?

Yes, but Kovy doesn't apply.

What does apply is that the Bruin's don't have a spot on the 23 man roster. Which means they would have to wait until after the freeze to send someone down to create a spot for him to be signed.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

4th line

I get your point- But IMO that line was rather strong in both their own end and especially in transition/breaking it out. Definitely wouldn't consider them a shutdown line but also not a defensive liability or of not being sound in their own zone.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I feel Cassidy would object thinking that 2nd line would make more turnovers than a south end pastry shop.
It could be Kovalchuk, or it could be a trade acquisition. I just don't necessarily think the Bruins need a RW. They can trade for a LW and still make the lineup work.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

4th line

Traded Heinen?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If, IF they acquire Kovalchuk. The PP units should go...

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krug

Coyle - Krejci - Kovalchuk
McAvoy/Gryz - Bjork

That looks so much better

Reactions: bbfan419

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Lol.... Weren't the Blues out of a playoff spot by a significant margin last year only to win the cup? They were a good team, no?

on January 1st st louis has 34 points in 37... 'technically' "last place"

the last playoff spot was 44 points in 40 games

if st louis got just a single point per game in their games in hand... they would pass 5 teams in the standings.

was st louis technically in last place? they played only 37 games while many teams played 41 or 42 games

if st louis had a mild 3 game winning streak they would have been at 40 points in 40 games... only 4 points out of the playoffs.
in reality st louis only got 4 points in their next 3 games so adjusted for games played after 40 games they were 6 points out of 8th place

someone thought it was cute to claim st louis was this bottom feeder team last year and went from last to first. I guess it made for a cute news story. in reality they fired a coach and got a new goaltender who stood on his head. they were basically a 500 team even with their sucky coach and sucky goalie

st louis was a team many picked to win the cup last off-season... they just wanted to get their coach fired... they were getting ahl quality goaltending...

this wasnt the Detroit red wings suddenly turning it on during the second half

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Traded Heinen?
Yes, either for that top 6 LW if Kovalchuk isn't an option or maybe that 3rd line RW. I was kind of thinking of something like a Heinen + Backes for Pageau kind of trade.

I like Heinen, but if I was Sweeney, I wouldn't hesitate to move him in the right deal. I would say the same for DeBrusk, but I still don't think he has fully recovered from the concussion he got in the playoffs, so he gets a pass from me, hence he's on the 3rd line.

Reactions: bbfan419

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yes, either for that top 6 LW if Kovalchuk isn't an option or maybe that 3rd line RW. I was kind of thinking of something like a Heinen + Backes for Pageau kind of trade.

I like Heinen, but if I was Sweeney, I wouldn't hesitate to move him in the right deal. I would say the same for DeBrusk, but I still don't think he has fully recovered from the concussion he got in the playoffs, so he gets a pass from me, hence he's on the 3rd line.

I like him too.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I like him too.
I think he has more value, not only to the team but around the league, than some folks here think he has. If the Bruins can trade for a top 6 winger and move DeBrusk down to the 3rd line, it will make them a deeper team overall.

A lot of people talk about the Bruins losing a defenseman in the expansion draft which very well may be the case, but there are some forward prospects that will be eligible as well. The Bruins can't keep everyone.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
We need more skill but the guy with more skill in Palmieri isn’t the answer over the guy with a bad ankle (according to Rags fans) and less production?

Also Anderson is hurt. You wanna talk about people who get undeserved praise on this board start there. Heinen’s been significantly better than him this year. FACT NOT OPINION. You can have your preference if you want, but he’s just not a better player at the moment. Which is funny because you want “upgrades” yet are going with the least productive player in each instance.

So congratulations. You upgraded the bruins by trading a bunch of assets for injured players. Improvement city population us!
I agree. I’m not taking sides. I know this is none of my business. But can’t trade for this player because not giving up prospects. Can’t trade for this player no cap room. Don’t want Kovalchuk he’s old, all great points , but it costs little money Can’t do this or that. Ok. What can we do but offer opinions that some people don’t agree with.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

Don’t totally agree with all ,but last years playoffs were definitely a wasted opportunity,and can’t see the Bruins getting bye the Caps or Tampa Bay, with the team as it is made up right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad