Proposal: All Bruins Trade Rumours /Proposals VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
At best Kovalchuk is a band aid. I want Sweeney to fix this problem for at least another 3-4 seasons. Honestly he should have re-signed Marcus Johansson even if he had to overpay a little in either money or term. MoJo was a perfect fit.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Don’t totally agree with all ,but last years playoffs were definitely a wasted opportunity,and can’t see the Bruins getting bye the Caps or Tampa Bay, with the team as it is made up right now.
Tampa isn't even in the playoffs right now so they don't have to worry about getting bye them. And as for the Caps it will depend on if they can score on Holtby. If they can they can win that series.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Tampa isn't even in the playoffs right now so they don't have to worry about getting bye them. And as for the Caps it will depend on if they can score on Holtby. If they can they can win that series.
Tampa will be their,did you really expect them to try and finish first overall again.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
At best Kovalchuk is a band aid. I want Sweeney to fix this problem for at least another 3-4 seasons. Honestly he should have re-signed Marcus Johansson even if he had to overpay a little in either money or term. MoJo was a perfect fit.

I think that Bjork will be a better MJ in time. If I were Sweeney, I'd be offering Debrusk to other teams in the hope of acquiring a #2 RW.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'm really starting to wonder if DeBrusk would be better suited playing w/ Coyle. IDK his style just doesn't seem to work with Krejci. DeBrusk is a north/south skate with speed, while Krejci is a east/west change of pace player. Its not a knock on DeBrusk, I actually think he'd benefit more from playing with a guy like Coyle who can suck defenses in with this puck protection, leaving DeBrusk out front for some quality looks.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Bjork - Krejci - Heinen
DeBrusk - Coyle - Senyshyn

^that would be my top 9.

Reactions: smack66 and Estlin

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm really starting to wonder if DeBrusk would be better suited playing w/ Coyle. IDK his style just doesn't seem to work with Krejci. DeBrusk is a north/south skate with speed, while Krejci is a east/west change of pace player. Its not a knock on DeBrusk, I actually think he'd benefit more from playing with a guy like Coyle who can suck defenses in with this puck protection, leaving DeBrusk out front for some quality looks.

Bjork - Krejci - Heinen

^that would be my top 9.
IMO Debrusk has earned 3rd line duty

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Bjork - Krejci - Heinen

^that would be my top 9.

That's my top nine too. Three strong lines, and the third one could give opposing teams fits in terms of matchups.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Mark my words if something constructive is not done then they may not even make the playoffs.

Should they keep up with their current pace after the last 10 games they could only end up with 90 points or so.

They can't beat anyone at the current time. Donny do something to fix the situation or say goodbye to the season.

I truly believe that they are in big trouble. People overrate many of the current players.

Reactions: KurtDangle

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Mark my words if something constructive is not done then they may not even make the playoffs.

Should they keep up with their current pace after the last 10 games they could only end up with 90 points or so.

They can't beat anyone at the current time. Donny do something to fix the situation or say goodbye to the season.

I truly believe that they are in big trouble. People overrate many of the current players.
umm, they will make the playoffs, this won`t continue the rest of the season

no need to panic and make a move solely based on emotion

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

Leeeeet's pump the brakes a bit.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
That's my top nine too. Three strong lines, and the third one could give opposing teams fits in terms of matchups.

I'd say you could even "upgrade" the #3RW spot at that point. Using Toffoli in that slot wouldn't be terrible (as much as I've been opposed to Toffoli). The concern still becomes what do you get out of the 2nd line. Heinen isn't a shooter (although he has the 5th best S% on the team) and Bjork is a wild card.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI

Bjork - Krejci - Heinen

^that would be my top 9.

I've been saying this for awhile. His North/South game doesn't mesh with Krejci.

DeBrusk is by far the best goal scoring winger and shot creator outside of Pastrnak/Marchand, so the Krejci/DeBrusk combo is getting shoved down our throats. Can see why when you look at the other options....

Also would like to end the narrative of needing a winger for Krejci. They need a winger. Period. Give Cassidy some options in that middle-6 and even the top line when it does get broken up. Wagner, Ritchie, Kuraly, Lindholm shouldn't be options going forward.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think that Bjork will be a better MJ in time. If I were Sweeney, I'd be offering Debrusk to other teams in the hope of acquiring a #2 RW.

Here's my concern....JDB hasn't been great - but he has 8 goal in 32 games.

If they move him out to get a winger for the other side of Krejci -- who is going to slide into JDB's spot? The options are other guys with less goals in more games than him.

They need to keep JDB and get someone better to play with him and Krejci, IMO.

Reactions: bp13

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

You you clearly underrate this team if you actually think this will continue for the rest of the season and won't make the playoffs because of it. Talk about an overreaction.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

:laugh:

The words have been marked

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I guess you already forgot....

No I remember those. To me with pro players, I look for consistency and progress. He's not consistent out there, and I don't see a more impactful player than his best days early on.

Don't get me wrong...I like him. Decent 2nd line forward, real solid 3rd line forward. I was just chiming in on the discussion of whether he's "untouchable". I see nothing about him that makes him untouchable. Not looking to trade him as we clearly need wingers, but he's not a difference maker. If you need to deal him to get one, do it and don't look back.

Reactions: JCRO

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
DeBrusk scored 27 golds in 65 games prorated to 33 st age 22

I watched him tons live in Providence he is 200% top 6 talent

Key word. Talent.

Yes, the size, speed and skill seems to be there. So there's your talent. But I see very little consistency. Too many nights where he's a complete no show.

Reactions: Lo97

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Cap space wasn't going to make that possible. Even if you signed him instead of Ritchie, then that's $3.5 million extra that you don't have space for. There was no way to get that space without doing something drastic, which likely wouldn't have been a smart decision.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Cap space wasn't going to make that possible. Even if you signed him instead of Ritchie, then that's $3.5 million extra that you don't have space for. There was no way to get that space without doing something drastic, which likely wouldn't have been a smart decision.

Especially when taking his injury history into account. He’s not the guy that you try to tap dance around the salary cap for

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
All for a line up of this.

Marchy - Bergy - Pasta
Bjork - DK46 - A REAL TOP 6 RW NOT NAMED DANTON
Debrusk - Coyle - Heinen
4th line

1st line you obviously don't touch.
2nd line bring up Bjork and see if he can mesh with DK46, bring in RW that suits DK46's play style and make it #1 priority.
3rd line you keep Heinen there for his defensive play and let Coyle and Debrusk mesh. Mismatches against other teams 3rd lines.

Reactions: Coach Parker

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

No arguments here about the big picture, but a band-aid is better than an open wound :eek: And hey, if Kovy could come in and give us half a season, or even a season and a half of band-aid, maybe our boy Seny makes the leap, or Bjork fully emerges, or . . . you just never know and I'd rather a quick fix than no fix.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad