Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade Proposals: Off-Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
wouldnt take much. The bigger problem is the cap space situation. have to free up another 3.5-4 million to sign him for at least one year.
Halak (replacement ???), Moore ($2.75, excess player), Miller ($2.5, excess player), Wagner (Kuhlman $500K less), Nordstrom (Lindholm $150K less)

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Boston Bruins: Could the Minnesota Wild be the perfect trade partners?

We saw the idea floated on Twitter that maybe David Backes would swap a Boston Bruins jersey for a Minnesota Wild one, if the idea was sold correctly.

The scenario would essentially be David Backes and some prospect or draft pick headed across to Minnesota, whilst they’d also seek to rid some salary themselves; most likely trade flop, Victor Rask. Overall, it’d give the Boston Bruins a salary saving of $2 million for the next two years, not to mention a player 8 years younger.

Reactions: TCB

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Boston Bruins: Could the Minnesota Wild be the perfect trade partners?

We saw the idea floated on Twitter that maybe David Backes would swap a Boston Bruins jersey for a Minnesota Wild one, if the idea was sold correctly.

The scenario would essentially be David Backes and some prospect or draft pick headed across to Minnesota, whilst they’d also seek to rid some salary themselves; most likely trade flop, Victor Rask. Overall, it’d give the Boston Bruins a salary saving of $2 million for the next two years, not to mention a player 8 years younger.

Definitely the kind of deal I can get behind.

Rask has been a disappointment no doubt. Canes fans 2 seasons ago said it was due to injury and they wouldn't have traded straight up for Krejci.

But I think this team with Rask and maybe out one of our D prospects (not Vaak) with Backes and a 2nd makes us a better team now and in the future.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
That's a big negative value package if Eriksson is included. They'd need to add a 1st on top of it to even get anyone to listen.

7ozb853kse001.jpg

BIIIG negative. But so is Backes.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Rumor: - TSN 1040: Paul Chapman / Sekeres - Most calls about Virtanen - Source

All those interested in Virtanen, think the B's are in on this?

I would be surprised if Don has not inquired. He is a power forward that COULD blossom at Krejci's wing.

But like Edmonton, Vancouver has tough contracts they need to move. If Edmonton is tying Lucic to Poolparty in any deal then I can see Benning doing the same with Virtanen.

Thats why you have not heard a lot of certain rumors about teams pursuing either player. Not only is the target player a risk and project, the team that gets them will take a cap problem hit as well.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Maybe they don't want to buy anyone out?

Maybe not? It would be a real dollars savings, but they are already close to the cap or over with all the RFAs they have to re-sign. Adding Backes would mean moving a player or two out, and It just seems a strange thing for them to do when he is probably less useful than Victor Rask at a higher cap hit.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
wouldnt take much. The bigger problem is the cap space situation. have to free up another 3.5-4 million to sign him for at least one year.

I don't know what his deal is in Vegas- is he a money holdout or just wants a different team?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Summored that his camp wants 4 mill a year and Vegas has no cap room.

Thanks- I guess he is right to ask in that neighborhood since he could get near that in the KHL probably. On the other hand, would you pay $4 mil for him? I think that is a lot of salary to commit to on an unproven player.

Reactions: JCRO

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Thanks- I guess he is right to ask in that neighborhood since he could get near that in the KHL probably. On the other hand, would you pay $4 mil for him? I think that is a lot of salary to commit to on an unproven player.

As I've said before. I would not be ok with tossing a multi-year deal worth 4m+ to any KHL player who has not played on NA ice yet. This is further aggrivatedby his weight which is listed as below 150lbs in some places.

High risk high reward and the Bruins dont have the cap space to be gambling.

However, Dom seems high on him so what the heck do I know.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Maybe not? It would be a real dollars savings, but they are already close to the cap or over with all the RFAs they have to re-sign. Adding Backes would mean moving a player or two out, and It just seems a strange thing for them to do when he is probably less useful than Victor Rask at a higher cap hit.

Rask didn't have a great showing in Minny (23GP / 3pts) and has seen his point totals drop from 48 (2015-2016) to 9 points this past season. Over the last 3 years, their numbers are actually pretty close

Rask - 202 GP / 85 Pts
Backes - 201 GP / 91 Pts

If those two were dealt for one other, Rask would assumes Backes roles as one of the most hated players by fans lol. I mean you see how Heinen is treated lol...well Rask is like a 6'2 center version of Heinen...only he really struggles to produce.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Rask didn't have a great showing in Minny (23GP / 3pts) and has seen his point totals drop from 48 (2015-2016) to 9 points this past season. Over the last 3 years, their numbers are actually pretty close

Rask - 202 GP / 85 Pts
Backes - 201 GP / 91 Pts

If those two were dealt for one other, Rask would assumes Backes roles as one of the most hated players by fans lol. I mean you see how Heinen is treated lol...well Rask is like a 6'2 center version of Heinen...only he really struggles to produce.

Plus Rask is "soft as butter" or whatever the catchphrase of the week is :laugh: DIdn't he have injury problems? At 28 I can't imagine he's gone off the Backes cliff just yet :dunno: He's a center, so where does he fit, and has that extra year of $4mil cap hit. So we get out from Backes (yay!) but give up a pick/prospect to save $2 mil. Unless he's bought out. I

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
Plus Rask is "soft as butter" or whatever the catchphrase of the week is :laugh: DIdn't he have injury problems? At 28 I can't imagine he's gone off the Backes cliff just yet :dunno: He's a center, so where does he fit, and has that extra year of $4mil cap hit. So we get out from Backes (yay!) but give up a pick/prospect to save $2 mil. Unless he's bought out. I
any trade for rask would be to buy him out and eat the 1mil for however long it is. it was likely just pure speculation tbh

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I think he missed around 25% of the season with a hand injury and then another 8-10 games for an upper body injury.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Vegas saying they have been underwhelmed so far with offers for Gusev mostly a 2nd rd. pick and either low end prospect or a lower pick. I can't see teams lining up to pay a big price for this guy and then pay him $4m a year for someone who has proven nothing yet in the NHL. If you were Sweeney and trying to get this guy what is the most you offer? I would maybe trade for him, but not giving up 1st or 2nd rd. picks in a deep draft, rather trade a roster player and prospect(s) maybe something like Nordstrom + Zboril + JFK.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Vegas saying they have been underwhelmed so far with offers for Gusev mostly a 2nd rd. pick and either low end prospect or a lower pick. I can't see teams lining up to pay a big price for this guy and then pay him $4m a year for someone who has proven nothing yet in the NHL. If you were Sweeney and trying to get this guy what is the most you offer? I would maybe trade for him, but not giving up 1st or 2nd rd. picks in a deep draft, rather trade a roster player and prospect(s) maybe something like Nordstrom + Zboril + JFK.
not sure what they expected they`d get for a guy who hasn`t played in NA who is trying to call his financial shots

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
not sure what they expected they`d get for a guy who hasn`t played in NA who is trying to call his financial shots
Yes I agree, can't see it being more than what I had mentioned, I would not give up a top pick or top prospect for a 27 year old who is unproven in the NHL.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

It would have to be a bonus laden contract to reach near that amount.

Vegas is offering 2 his camp wants 4, even though he hasn't played a game in the NHL

I don't see anyone paying that, but who knows. EJ hradek compared his talent level to that of Panarin, and he really likes him and he's usually spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad